“You're Gonna Love This Place !!”
Review of Parkwood Inn

and 1 more site!
Parkwood Inn
Ranked #59 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed 11 September 2013

The rooms were not only immaculately clean, they had everything we needed ,including in room wifi ,and a special place for my four legged child to take a walk. on top of all that everyone there treated me like I was a vip client , what my two legged son loved was the separate t.v. area with his own sofa .But my personal favorite was the complete kitchen as we were tired of take-out and microwave.They even have an outside deck for each room!

Room Tip: any room would get you everything you need.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 August 2013

I should have taken note of the reviews. We booked the hotel for 9 days way in advance asking for a 2 bed non smoking room late arrival. When we get there the only 2 rooms were left. smoking 2 beds or non smoking king with a pull out. The promised us to move us the next day. So we decided for the king. we get to the room and couldn't believe our eyes. Cabinet doors of hinges, dirty, the sheets looked old and not even white anymore. Pillow case didn't even fit pillow. So as it was late we decided to make the pullout for my daughter. We pull out the mattress and put it right back. It had so many stains on there, who knows what they were, we all ended up sleeping in one bed. As my son is in the air force we called the base first thing in the morning. We lucked out and got an apartment there and got out of that place. I don't need a 5 star hotel but I need it to be clean and safe.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Ellie W
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I should have been more cognizent of the poor reviews on this website making the mistake of staying at this rat trap. In 25 years of travel, I have never been at a worst hotel. The hotel should be priced at $30/night given the amenities and condition of the property. For the same price, there are a number of hotels which are far better. With respect to the positive reviews, I suspect they are fake - written using false email addresses to post on TripAdvisor.

We stayed in this hotel in July 2013

The hotel is hard to find on a side street behind trashed landscape. Even the taxi had a hard time finding it. At check-in, the clerk advised if our microwave did not work, call and she will bring another up. The elevator was shocking in refuse, and when we exited the elevator, the hall was covered with old blinds, and junk removed from rooms. When we entered the room, we were overwhelmed with a putrid smell -- like dog feces that had been watered into the carpet in an attempt to clean it up. Half the drapes were missing (in mid-summer when sun does not set until 2am)... perhaps they were the ones in the hallway. We called the front desk and they offered another room. The second room had drapes that did not close fully. The microwave turned on, made a very loud grinding sound with a burnt electrical smell, but we were too tired to stay up for a new one. I did call the front desk to complain and request a partial refund to address these concerns, with the response - "Sorry no refunds or discounts because this is our high season." Since this is located literally on the freeway on-ramp and the room had traffic noise continously due to the poor hotel construction. We did not sleep.

We stayed in the room though it smelled rancid, had very poor maintenance on plumbing and kitchenette appliances, and lighting, etc. The only more disgusting was the smell of urine in the stairwell. If this were public housing, it would be shut down. Since this is located literally on the freeway on-ramp and the room had traffic noise continously due to the poor hotel construction.

I rarely write reviews, and in the past, these were for superior performance. This state and rate of this property made this review compulsory.

There is quite literally nothing redeeming about this rat trap, except for the front desk receptionist who apologically offered a replacement microwave -- knowing ours most likely did not work.

Room Tip: There are a number of hotels closer to the airport at similar rate and consistently better TripAdvis...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Al W
Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

This is a place well past its time. It's old, dingy, and the grounds outside are trashy. There is a "guest picnic area" where two BBQ grills are left unclean, trashy, and the immediate grounds around the area has junk laying around a locked storage shed. There are actually four old refrigerators, dangerous for children, left out in the area.

My room had cigarette burns all over the carpet, my blanket had a large 5 inch burn hole in it, and sleeping in the musty old beds made me feel unclean. The furniture is old and the rooms are dark.
I stayed there in the summer heat, and there is no air conditioning or fans. The windows would not open, and the rooms were stifling hot. The craziest thing is there is a 30 year old motor home with flat tires parked in the parking lot with two strange filthy troll-like appearing people living in the motor home. They came out with the obese guy craling on the ground chasing a cat. Weird.
My recommendation: go somewhere else. This place is a dump.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Texakan
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I stayed here during my relocation to Anchorage. The room was thoroughly cleaned every day. The staff routinely assisted me with addresses and directions. The kitchen I had was equipped with everything I needed to cook full meals. The stay here was better than the previous stay I had down the road at a franchise extended stay hotel chain.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I find this Inn very comfortable with home-like rooms. The kitchens are stocked with dishes, utensils, and the appliances that make eating in easy. Even though it's on a quiet street, it's conveniently located for where ever you need to go in Anchorage and has easy access to the main thoroughfares. It has a good parking area with plenty of room for trailers. My Boyfriend insists that whenever we go to Anchorage we stay at the Parkwood Inn, because the staff are very helpful and friendly and the manager there is the most friendly reminds me of my own mother ;). Cant wait to vist again.......

Room Tip: Ask for the upgraded room, cost a little more but worth it!:)
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Dirty, damp and dingy. Rickety old furniture.Burn holes in linen. Liquor containers and cigarette butts all over the place, esp the grounds and hallways. Staff too lazy to replace ink cartridge in printer by computer. Maid service inconsistent, often not leaving supplies. Didn't feel safe there. Front desk staff were friendly.No sanding or de-ice put down outside.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family