“Run down and a little sketchy”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Parkwood Inn

and 1 more site!
Parkwood Inn
Ranked #58 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
Colorado
“Run down and a little sketchy”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

We were told twice over the phone that they would provide a shuttle from the airport. When we arrived, I called and they said they never offer shuttles. The place had a full kitchen, which was nice to have; however, the place was run down (sheets were stained and thread bare, interior doors falling apart) and the only other guests seemed to be down-on-their-luck locals in weekly rentals. The price was reasonable, but by the time we factored in a two way cab fare and breakfast (the one served is minimal) we didn't save much over a higher priced mid-range motel that offered better amenities.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank ColoradoJlt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Jackson, Mississippi
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

My extended family, 13 total, stayed several nights at Parkwood. Being from out of town and doing the budget thing, we booked it, sight unseen. What a mistake. This run down, poorly maintained, smelly, musty hotel is convenient but with all of it's drawbacks, We'd have to reconsider not spending a couple more dollars and staying somewhere else. The lack of fans on hot nights was amazing and NO A/C which you wouldn't think you'd need in Anchorage but . . . .
The staff was rude and didn't want to help with anything we requested.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank RobertENealaia

Travellers are raving about these Anchorage hotels

Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

I have stayed at the Parkwood Inn for a long period of time and after the first two days it was like the Parkwood Inn had became my home. The wonderful worker's at the front desk and housekeeping welcomed me as if i was family and just made it feel like i was at home all over again i could not ask for better customer service. If i ever need a place to stay or planed another trip i would always come back to the Parkwood Inn my home away from home!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

Great Customer Service, after staying in hotels for the last 2 months The Parkwood Inn by far has been the BEST my family and I don't know how we could repay the staff for their GENEROSITY and kind hearts they truly want to make every short or long term stay an EXPERIENCE for you.

Room Tip: Talk to the staff and tell them what you need,they will do their best to accommodate in every possib...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Herndon, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

Poorly maintained facility overall; bad odor in the run down elevator; stained bed sheets and blankets; broken window shades; cigarette smoke smell all around; shady ambiance. Does not appear to be family/kids friendly...

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Sunil T
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

Originally I only planned on staying for a night or two while my apartment was being painted. Of course it wasn't ready in time and other arrangements had to be made quickly. Luckily there were a couple vacancies and the staff quickly had another room ready. Thank god because it was 0° that morning!
The nicest thing about my stay was, of course, the price. I saved alot of money, not only from the room rate, but being able to cook my own meals in the kitchette. It wasn't much different then being in my own apartment.
If you're looking for a comfortable and homie place, the Parkwood Inn is the place. I recommend it for an extended stay or just a weekend.

• Stayed November 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

The rooms were not only immaculately clean, they had everything we needed ,including in room wifi ,and a special place for my four legged child to take a walk. on top of all that everyone there treated me like I was a vip client , what my two legged son loved was the separate t.v. area with his own sofa .But my personal favorite was the complete kitchen as we were tired of take-out and microwave.They even have an outside deck for each room!

Room Tip: any room would get you everything you need.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family