“Good Hotel, Great Rates but service needs to be improved.”
Review of Ramada Anchorage

Ramada Anchorage
Ranked #40 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Let me give you the negative sides first. The hotel has a free airport shuttle, that's not a 'great' news because 99% of the hotels in Anchorage have it, so it's nothing very overwhelming. But if you are made to stand in the open air for 90 mins. at Anchorage Airport in sub-zero temperatures and it was snowing incessantly that becomes a matter of concern as it happened with us. Ultimately we had to take a cab and reach the hotel at 12:30pm only to be told by the receptionist that we do not have a booking. After much persuasion and showing our booking papers (done through hotels.com), several times to the receptionist who contacted & consulted others were we told that they have found our bookings. Just one ques, has Ramada become a Training Institute for aspirant receptionists?
We stayed on two occasions in May 2013, the first time they charged us $100 as security deposit, but the second time when we checked in there was no 'security deposit' charges. How can a hotel have different policies for different times (within 3 days) and for different customers (have seen some customers were not charged the security deposit).
Breakfast was below average standards, suits a 1-star lodging, not Ramada. Rooms are large, spacious, with refrigerator and microwaves. Bathrooms adequate, room service excellent, location fantastic.

Room Tip: Do not choose a room on the backside, the trains will not let you sleep.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dr_B_Maitra

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I was attending a convention which was at an expensive downtown hotel, so I stayed at the Ramada instead. This is the second time I have stayed there and enjoyed it both times. The rooms were clean and large., the staff is friendly and helpful. Also, they will pick you up at the airport if you wish. If you rent a car, which I did, they do not charge for parking, unlike the big hotels. This hotel is an easy walk to downtown where the convention was and also the rail station and the outstanding Anchorage Museum. There is a computer in the lobby which was usually available for quick use. When I was there two years ago in late May, they had a free breakfast, but this time in mid-September, they gave you a $3 discount on breaakfast, which made breakfast cheaper than at nearby restaurants. I shall certainly stay there again if I return, which I hope to do.

Room Tip: I was advised that the back or north side side might be noisy due to the rail yard. Both times I st...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 October 2013

My wife and I got in late on the first night of our vacation to Alaska and booked a night here to crash and get some rest. The room was exactly what you would expect. There was plenty of room for two of us and the bathroom was clean.
The help at the front desk was very warm and accommodating. They answered any and all questions, provided help for navigating the area, and one of the women also cooked breakfast at the Slippery Salmon restaurant next door. I would recommend that hotel and restaurant as a starting or ending point on your vacation. Anchorage isn't a place to visit for a week, but since the airport is in town in makes sense to stay there for at least a day or two.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

I stayed at the Ramada Anchorage Inn in September 2013. Our convention was based out of the Hilton Hotel, but the Hilton had no shuttle to the airport and the train station, but cost a good sum. The Ramada was less expensive and had a shuttle to the airport and the train station. During the summer, they have a complimentary breakfast. Off season, they give you a coupon for $3.00 off the meal. There is a single computer guests can use in the lobby area. The service desk personnel were quite friendly. They even put me on the side of the train station and harbor when I asked them to do so. I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The only problem was that early one morning, a couple of fighter jets from the local Air Force Base...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 October 2013

This place was great. We were only staying for a night in Anchorage so we didn't want to spend a lot on some of the places closer to the heart of downtown but we really didn't need to. We were picked up promptly by their free airport shuttle, got a room immediately, and were able to walk straight into downtown within 5 minutes. They even took us to the train in the morning, which is only just down the hill from the hotel but with bags, it was a nice luxury to have.

Bonus: the salmon were running on the creek right down the hill from the hotel, where you can sit on the balcony of a restaurant that sits over the creek and watch the anglers reel 'em in all day. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family