“Ramada anchorage”
Review of Ramada Anchorage

Ramada Anchorage
Ranked #37 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The property is actually pretty clean. I can't complain about that. There are two major negatives. First, there is not a free breakfast. Even juice, coffee and rolls would be nice. They want to sell you a $10 breakfast in their restaurant. Not gonna do it. Second, we asked if they could give us a courtesy shuttle ride to the place we are going to stay after we leave here. They said no, only airport and train station. Not so customer friendly. There are better places in Anchorage I am sure. Wouldn't recommend this place to anybody.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank swift98b
Indiana
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I just stayed at this hotel a week ago. We booked two nights, post cruise, and ended up staying for only one. As soon as we saw the airport shuttle we new we made a bad hotel choice. The van was falling apart, literally. I stepped onto the van and the step fell from under my feet and bounced right back up after I stepped off. I think it was hanging on by a thread. The young man driving the van seemed annoyed by our talking and turned the volume up on the radio to drown us out. He put quite a bit of effort into finding music that he preferred, switching between stations every two minutes. It was all around awkward.
When we walked into the hotel we started to think that maybe it would be okay. The lobby and hallways are very nice and well decorated. The check in process was easy. They must not have been too booked, as they gave us the option of what floor we wanted. We took the main floor. As we walked into our room, we noticed that the carpet was the kind of long carpet you would find in a home. The kind of carpet that does not allow suitcases to roll on easily, and the kind of carpet that traps dirt and crumbs. They were not clean. The beds were horrible. I felt as though I was sleeping on a trampoline. Every time I moved I would bounce and there would be a ton of noise-incredibly uncomfortable. I did not even use the pillows, as they appeared to have been sweat on a few too many times. The lack of blanket was also pretty uncomfortable and made for broken up sleep. There were also random things just thrown into the room, such as a box fan, a full sized ironing board, and an iron on the floor. These things were not nicely hidden in a closet, there was no closet, these were crammed into a corner next to one of the beds. The bathroom, surprisingly, wasn't bad. It looked like it had been updated recently.
What helped us make our decision to leave was finding one of the two entry doors to our room open and unlocked. This building has apparently been remodeled, as each room has an entry door that goes directly outside as well as an entry door that goes into a hallway inside of the hotel. Upon noticing that the door to the outside was not secure, I grabbed the handled to close and lock it, and part of the door handle frame fell off in my hand. Because it was late, and we were tired, we decided to stay for one night with our luggage in front of the door that went outside. Before we went to bed we called around and secured another reservation at a hotel a few blocks away.
In the morning we checked out, and the lady working the front desk said, "but you paid for two nights". My mother simply said that we would not be staying another night. Instead of inquiring as to why we were leaving or asking if there was something wrong, she offered to call us a cab to take us to the hotel that we were transferring to. We declined her offer, so she gave us a map and drew us directions to the other hotel, instead. Her lack of concern confirmed that we were making the right choice, and that we were probably not the first to check out like that. It was a short 5 minute walk to the hotel that we moved to, and were very happy with.
Not only was the place uncomfortable, and unclean, we felt that it was also unsafe considering the door situation. And we paid $150 per night for this.
I absolutely do not recommend.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank AimeeKB

Travellers are raving about these Anchorage hotels

Rockport, Washington
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Absolutely the worst stay in a hotel ever! When my husband arrived the sink was dirty and the tub had a black ring and he cleaned the sink. When I arrived at midnight I found that the sheets were so threadbare that they had holes in them. The bed was very uncomfortable and seemed to be very old or very cheap. We were in a room that had what seemed to be running water all night long. The location is not good and the room walls are paper thin. We heard the drunks in the room that sounded to be right next to us for hours hollering and talking loudly. We got up and left the hotel at 5am even though I had just gotten in at midnight and did not have to leave to be at our destination until 9am. It was a HORRIBLE hotel. NEVER again will I stay here or at any Ramada if this is the quality of their accomodations

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Wayne A
Sandstone, Minnesota
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This property was working class but it was very clean everywhere.The king bed was quite worn and needed replacement but we slept well on it. Staff courteous. Breakfast was not available, one had to go to the lounge and order and only got 10% off because we stayed there.

Room Tip: This stay was average, I wouldn't stay there again unless I knew the place was remodeled.