Best Western Golden Lion Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Parkwood Inn(Anchorage)
Creekwood Inn(Anchorage)
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskseward hwyon site restaurantprovidence hospitalmoose's toothrefrigerator and microwaveroom was cleanshower headenjoyed my stayrecommend this hotel to anyoneconvenient locationnice place to staywould stay here againfirst floorcomplimentary breakfastone night stayclose to downtown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Not a 5 star hotel or anything but for the price you cant beat the vaule. Free in room WiFi, nice flat screen tv in the room with lots of channels. On site restaurant. My only issue is that everytime I stay there I reccomend the room hotel guide to be updated and it never is updated. It still has phone listings for TWA airlines and Continental for instance

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Traveler S
Lisa M, General Manager at Best Western Golden Lion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for doing a review for us. I will look into why they have not taken that out of the guest directories. Thank you for pointing it out and sorry it had not been passed on when you did before.

I hope you choose to stay with us again on your next trip to Anchorage.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

We stayed 3 nights at the end of a 10 day vacation that had stretched from Seward to Denali National Park. Perfect choice! Able to easily get anywhere around Anchorage. Curtains provided good light blocking so we could sleep (not used to those 11pm sunsets!). The on site lounge provided a place to relax and the staff was very friendly. Room was well maintained, and small frig was convenient.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for writing a review for us. It sounds like you had a nice vacation. I hope if you are ever in Anchorage you will choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

I spent about 30 nights there - it was all good. Personnel were properly attentive and helpful. The elevator was a little slow and the shower water pressure was a little low. But everything else was great.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to do a review for us. We appreciate you staying with us while in Anchorage.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

The hotel is really well located and easy to find (not too central and central enough to be surrounded by shops and restaurants. The housekeeping staff is really friendly, but don't expect a great service from the front desk clerks. Overall I still had a great stay because a great time in Anchorage.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Thank Sandrine/ Audre... D
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I had to rush up to Anchorage for a family emergency and ended up staying at the GL. They were updating the halls & common areas when I was there early December, but when I opened the door to my room was pleasantly surprised. The room was clean, nicely updated and worked great for me. The shower had the best water pressure I think I've ever had in a hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo