“Good choice for Anchorage”

Best Western Golden Lion Hotel
Ranked #18 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Francisco
“Good choice for Anchorage”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

There aren't a lot of options for Anchorage but after some last minute changes, we settled on the Best Western. In the end, quite pleased.

Arrived really late into ANC and didn't check into the hotel until after midnight. Still, the check-in process was a breeze. The room wasn't bad at all - spacious, clean, perfectly fine for a night.

Appreciated the nice touches as a BW Platinum. Welcome bag with candy and water inside the room. They also gave us a coupon for free made-to-order breakfast, which was actually quite good (I went with the scrambled eggs with bacon).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Lisa M, General Manager at Best Western Golden Lion Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to do a review for our property. We appreciate your loyalty with Best Western. We appreciate you choosing us when you visit Anchorage.

Have a great day

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Ellensburg, Washington, United States
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We checked into this hotel very late at night and the staff was helpful and courteous. The reason I gave it an average score was because the complimentary breakfast was not offered or available which I have found to be unusual with the Best Western chain of hotels. With the breakfast, I would have given it an "excellent" score.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Joan L
Lisa M, General Manager at Best Western Golden Lion Hotel, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your feed back and you are correct in the fact that we do not have a complimentary breakfast at this time. The 36Th Bistro is independently owned from the hotel and they do have a very nice breakfast menu. I will pass your comments along and keep them in mind as we make business decisions in the future. Thank you again for taking the time to do a review for us as all input is important so that we can continue to improve our guest experience.
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Great place to stay! Will always stay here while in Anchorage! Only downfall is no airport shuttle, but it has a restaurant, lounge, and a hair salon in the hotel. Super close to anything you need to get to. Best beds ever! Nothing negative for me to say!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank chloea484
Lisa M, General Manager at Best Western Golden Lion Hotel, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to do a review for us. We appreciate your business and know you have many choices while in Anchorage so we truly appreciate that you choose to stay at the Best Western Golden Lion. Hope to see you again soon.

Have a great summer thank you!!!
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Very good, clean, and always had very helpful staff. I would definitely recommend anyone to stay here. The location is perfect. Easy to get to the store near by. All and all it is a good place to stay when in Anchorage.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Sonya N
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to do a guest review for us. We appreciate your business and continued support. I will personally pass your comments on to the owners of the restaurant.
Riverside
Reviewed 28 April 2014

very clean, staff very friendly. The restaurant, although bare on décor has the best steak in the city by far! We must go to Anchorage at least once a month and have tried several other hotels/motels. This is the cleanest and least expensive we have found. recommend it to all.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

2 Thank Btinker
Lisa M, General Manager at Best Western Golden Lion Hotel, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to do a review for our property. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hopefully the next time you are in Anchorage you will choose to stay with us again. If there is ever anything my staff or myself can do to make your stay more comfortable or be of any assistance please let us know or contact me personally.
Best regards,
Yakima, Washington, Usa
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I have stayed at this hotel twice now the last time on just a 2 day notice and they had a room, everyone was very nice, helpful and when U dud check in it was late but because I had stayed there before they had everything ready for me. The reason I stayed here agin was because the last time was so nice, and it was again

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

2 Thank Marlene G
Lisa M, General Manager at Best Western Golden Lion Hotel, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to feel out a review for us. We appreciate your continued business. If you ever need anything while staying with us please do not hesitate to let me know.

Adak Island, Alaska
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I see a lot of complaining about the renovations. I noticed they started when I stayed here last in November and as of now I've been here two weeks waiting for my unborn since my home Adak does not have a hospital. Well anyway they are still doing renovation and it's coming together and nicely new furniture in rooms new bedding as well, The receptionist are very nice and house keeping stays right on top of everything. Even if u don't put the please clean sign up they will knock and ask if you need anything and if u don't they tell you to call front desk if you need anything. All housekeepers are friendly (my fav is Renee) the food at 36 bistro the restaurant located on 2nd floor is amazing definitely not mediocre. Everything is always fresh and staff is friendly. I will come here every time I come to anchorage I feel very comfortable & safe here, it's nice that my kids can always expect the same hotel when we come into town they don't feel out of place and enjoy being here and that means the most to me. They have even said that they could store my personal belongings here while I'm in hospital having my baby to avoid charges while I'm in the hospital. Love love love this place

Room Tip: I like the second floor it's not as busy as first floor and it's where the restaurant is.