I recently stayed here for one night with some friends when we passed through Anchorage. Everywhere else was either booked or out of our price range so we decided to stay here. I had very low expectations going in, and our stay turned out to be just average.
The hotel does have a free airport shuttle, which was nice. He came right over and picked us up very promptly and drove us to the hotel, even though it was almost midnight. The driver also offered us advice about what to do in the area, which was an added bonus.
The hotel is nothing special on the outside, and the service was pretty lackluster. There was a young girl working who seemed like she had no idea what she was doing and ignored us initially when we walked in. Another employee finally came out and checked us in. He wasn't rude exactly, but wasn't friendly either. We were given a room on the first floor, which was literally right on the street so we weren't too crazy about that.
The room itself was not great. Definitely outdated and needed a serious remodel. We literally had one television station and the lights turned on, but never really got bright enough to light much. The bathroom light actually took about 5 minutes to finally warm up. The beds were pretty uncomfortable and a little on the small side. There were absolutely no amenities in the bathroom. In the morning we were woken up by a housekeeper who was having a very loud argument with another guest outside our door.
They did allow us to leave our luggage with them even after we had checked out, which was nice because we didn’t have to carry our stuff with us all over the city. They also let us take the shuttle back to the airport even though we weren’t staying with them anymore. Overall, it was just okay. Don’t go in with too high of expectations because you will likely be disappointed. Hotels in Anchorage seem to be fairly expensive, and this one was no exception, especially for what you get. Not super impressed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alaska may be the last frontier, but the Guesthouse Anchorage Inn means 1st class comfort, service and convenience whether on a ski trip, business or shopping trips, our central location can't be beat... Just walking distance from the arena, convention center or theaters. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your GuestHouse Inn & Suites Anchorage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Downtown Hotel Anchorage
- Days Inn Anchorage
- Anchorage Days Inn
- GuestHouse Inn & Suites Anchorage Alaska