All reviews the mexican restaurant guest house free shuttle gladly stay here again walking distance budget hotel coffee machine an iron room was clean downtown hotel close to downtown cable tv few blocks avenue mall open the window train depot nice stay
Reviewed 2 March 2014

This place has horrible parking, very limited and off site. Lot's of transients and parties in the halls and very noisy. A horrible experience at best.
The toilet wouldn't flush with anything but liquid in the tank. They just handed me a plunger. A plunger wasn't the correct solution.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank David W
Tammy W, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Thank you for your comments on TripAdvisor. I am deeply concerned about the issues that you had on your recent stay here at our hotel and want to take this time to apologize for the experience with us. I was not aware of the issues you had experienced and had I been, I would have contacted you immediately. I would like the opportunity to discuss you concerns further as I do not have any information on your stay so that we can resolve what happened specifically that caused you to have a bad experience. I can be reached directly at 907-265-5141. Thank you again for bringing these issues to my attention as positive or negative, feedback will always help us improve.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

Yes, the place is not that great but if you just need a place to lay your head, this place is more than enough. But the wonderful thing is the service and caring staff. We were at the airport and it was our first time in Alaska. We just thought to call the hotel to see if they do airport pick up. The answer was "will be there in 30 minutes". Great!!! In less than 30 minutes we were already exchanging pleasantries with the young and respectful driver. At the front desk, the lady manager was pleasant (so sorry, I forgot her name but she was there on 9/10/13 at around 5:00pm) and she even gave my sister a box of tissue seeing that she was sneezing (effect of change of weather). The place is conveniently located. It has kitchen and dining area. The mall is just walking distance. We always compare our hotel stay here with the other hotels we stayed in in Anchorage and Vancouver and we always consider our GuestHouse stay is far better than the other.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Delia O
Tammy W, Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Please accept a huge thank you from all of us here at the GuestHouse Anchorage Inn! We were so happy to hear you had such a great experience. It means the world to us to hear when we have had a success. All comments are worth reading and learning from, even the good ones. Thank you again and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

- Guesthouse Inn & Suites came up as a very affordable option in our quest to travel on a budget. You get what you pay for...this is aimed at people who need a long term place to stay. Even so, front desk personnel did not offer a simple hello or welcome or are you checking in today. The room was a mess and not ready. Apparently, there was a short line of other people who had to go back downstairs to the counter because their rooms were also not made up. It was as if the housekeeper got halfway through the rooms and decided to sabotage them. Rooms were checked off as cleaned but only had the sheets stripped on the floors, dirty towels on the floor and toilet seats up waiting to be cleaned. Worst first impression ever. The shuttle driver was the only saving grace on staff. She was friendly, apologized and even started helping to clean rooms so that everyone could get checked in.

- Because it's a long-term stay hotel, you take out your own trash to the trash rooms on each floor, make your own beds and get fresh towels from the front desk when you wish. A/C also did not work well.

- Parking passes are limited so we could not buy one. The guy at the front desk was unhelpful in offering options. You can park across the street along the curb where it is unmarked (everyone parked there). If you park at a street meter, be sure to get out there in the morning as soon as the clock starts ticking because the meter maids will be there sharp (I believe 0900) to start issuing tickets.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Nina U
Tammy W, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We would like to sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced. We value your feedback and have shared your concerns with our management team.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Yes, the place can use and upgrade, esp. the carpeting. But the price and location were great, and the staff friendly. The bedding was clean. good place to stay if you do not plan staying in your room lots, which i wasn't.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank JoAnn D
Tammy W, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2017

Thank you so much for your review. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us! Please visit us again when you are in Anchorage.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

It was my first time in Alaska. I already knew I wouldn't be spending anytime in my room so I chose to be economical. The hotel is located downtown, 2 blocks walking distance from everything. The 5th street mall, gift shops, tourist attractions, and all the restaurants. Yes the hotel is older but is functional and does its purpose. My room was exceptionally clean, over-abundance of towels and all the things you need. My only complaint about the room would be the hair dryer. It was probably the first one ever created, so bring your own. (took 25+ minutes to dry hair that my dryer does in less than 5).There was also a new flat screen TV in the room as well. The front desk staff was AMAZING, I encountered 3 different women and they were all super sweet and helpful. Gave me driving directions and pointed me towards the best restaurants and bars. I never had a problem finding parking for my rental car, they do have 2 parking lots located in the back of the hotel. You will not be able to see your car from any of the rooms since it's a little ways back, but my rental was safe. Truthfully, there was no need for a rental car for this hotel. I never realized how close the hotel was to everything. I basically only used it for transportation to/from the airport. (which the hotel has a free shuttle for that!!) There was also a small business center in the lobby with a computer and printer. If you are using this hotel for touristing around Anchorage and just place to sleep it's perfect.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a great view of the mountains or the city! (depending on which side)
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank PlaneFun1

Thank you for your recent review of our Hotel. We always appreciate feedback from our guests. We value your comments and look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay.