All reviews the mexican restaurant guest house free shuttle gladly stay here again walking distance budget hotel coffee machine an iron room was clean downtown hotel close to downtown cable tv few blocks avenue mall open the window train depot nice stay
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I work on the slope and live in Maryland I was looking for a place to stay in Anchorage and I found the Guesthouse inn this is my home away from home the hotel has a shuttle too and from the airport it is located near downtown waking distant to restaurant the rooms are very nice and clean the staff are very helpful and I am glad I found this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank peredo1
Tammy W, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

Thank you for the kind feedback. We appreciate you staying with us and hope we can Host you again soon.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I have stayed at this downtown hotel several times and am always pleased. The price point cant be beat, the rooms comfortable and the staff go above and beyond. Shuttle service is always on time and personable.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank travelingchef2014
Tammy W, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2017

Thank you for your recent review of our Hotel. We always appreciate feedback from our guests. We value your comments and look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Small and in a noisy part of town, but clean and very comfortable. Good service at the front desk. A bit warm in the room for us Alaskans, and the air was shut off for the winter, so we had to open the window. That was great except for the loud people outside. Free and convenient parking. Great restaurant across the street where we had an excellent breakfast (Sizzler). The hot water in our room took a bit of time to get up to the 4th floor. All in all, it's a less expensive hotel, and a good one at that. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Maybe if you ask to be in a room toward the front of the building (facing 5th Ave.), it would be quieter?
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank wendyalaska

On behalf of the entire team at GuestHouse Anchorage Inn we apologize for the concerns you shared about your recent stay. I have addressed these issues with our team and I assure you we are working diligently to correct these problems. Thank you for letting us know.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

This is our fourth time staying at the guesthouse suites. We are from Fairbanks. No bedbugs and very clean. Every one of the staff is awesome. Just to name a few, Kyle and Darlene took very good care of us. Don't remember the shuttle drivers Name but very Helpful and nice. We will always stay here when we come to Anchorage. We are coming back in six weeks and looking forward to it Even though it's for a medical reason. Thanks again guesthouse.
Roberta

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Hulkster51
Kyle L, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear Ms. Roberta,

Thank you for your most kind review on Trip advisor and particularly for praising the efforts of our team members Kyle and Darlene.

I also appreciate your comments on "No bedbugs," which we take very seriously as bed bugs have increasingly become a problem in the United States. We are taking every possible measure to prevent the problem from occurring at the Hotel.

We can't wait to see you again!

Yours sincerely,

Tammy Wanner

Reviewed 29 March 2014

The hotel is located along the street of the downtown area where everything is accessible. I requested an early check in after my surgery release and it was approved. I have requested a late check out and it was approved as well. The magnitude of professionalism among the staff and managers are beyond my expectation. Kyle, a frontdesk clerk at the time who took care of all my hotel needs was very helpful and considerate. I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends when they come visit anchorage.

#retired veteran/neil

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank neil r

Dear Neil R,

Thank you for posting a review. It is always heartwarming to hear our guest compliment a team member and we appreciate you sharing your positive experience with other travelers. We look forward to being of service again should your travels bring you back to Anchorage.

Yours in Hospitality,