“Great place!”

GuestHouse Inn & Suites Anchorage
Ranked #33 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed 16 May 2014

The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, to me that's the best place to stay downtown. The hotel offers a shuttle from and to the airport. The driver and the front desk clerks, the people I met while I was staying there, were very kind. I can't think of anything I did not like!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Albena A
Tammy W, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

Thank you for taking time to share about your recent stay with us! I'm glad you had a good experience and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

I stayed here for several nights. The rooms were comfortable - not elaborate or fancy, but tidy and well-kept, and a very good value for the money. The halls and lobby are a little worn, and some of the halls had a funny smell. Overall, I had the impression that the hotel might undergoing a slow update.
Location-wise, the hotel is within easy walking distance of downtown and some great restaurants. There is a dinner across the street that serves meals of the average type and quality of a typical dinner. The hotel is located in a transition from the downtown environment to a more commercial-looking area. I felt perfectly safe walking around during the day as a single woman, but wouldn't have been totally comfortable walking after dark. (But, taxis tend to be waiting just outside the lobby.)
Service - this is the hardest part to review. During the day, the service was great. Everyone I dealt with was cheerful and helpful. But, nighttime service was abysmal. The overnight front desk staff were rude every time I talked to them. I even had a family member comment their rudeness while transferring a call to my room. The front desk staff called my room at 1:40am to ask me to return a key card to the laundry room, that I'd had for about three hours. Being as it was a key card, another could have been made easily rather than waking me up in the middle of the night. Service during the early evenings was of moderate quality - neither remarkably good or bad.

Room Tip: Check different website for prices; I found very different pricing depending on site and whether I w...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Beabria
Tammy W, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2017

Thank you so much for your review. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us! Please visit us again when you are in Anchorage.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel in Anchorage on a business trip. I can't say enough good things about this place. The room was EXTREMELY clean and neat, and had all of the amenities that I wanted and more. The manager was awesome and the staff was very attentive to my needs. My room was clean and comfortable and I slept like a baby. Check in and check out was a breeze. And did I mention that the airport pick up was fast and the driver was cool. Looking for a place to stay in Anchorage, give these guys a try. I travel all over the USA and spend about 2/3 of my nights in hotels. My only wish is that these guys had a hotel everywhere that I stay !!!

Room Tip: Ask about the suites. Hella awesome
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 209ktmdude

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent trip to Anchorage!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Clean modern rooms. Nice modern furniture. Comfortable bed. Natural stone sink counter. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly. Location is good, near mall and restaurants. Air-conditioning in room. Brief and accurate is better than someone rambling on. The Two hundred character minimum is an overkill. If you want this to be helpful short review is better. This is the best deal for the money in downtown Anchorage Alaska. I don't know what else to add to this review. I recommend it, and have done so to family and friends.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank robert r

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing about your recent stay. I'm glad you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I work on the North Slope and overnight in Anchorage a few nights each month. I have tried several different hotels and the Guesthouse Inn is the best value I have found. Their pricing is moderate by Anchorage levels, the rooms clean and comfortable.........and they have parking available, which for some reason is not available at several hotels. The staff is friendly and courteous...........and it is all around a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Camboforever

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Very friendly staff and a fair price. I will definitely stay there again in the future.
Central to most things one would want to do in DT Anchorage and with free pickup/dropoff service from the Anchorage Intl Airport.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rich L

Thank you for staying with us and for providing your feedback on your stay. I truly appreciate your comments about the staff and will share your feedback with the entire team. We hope we will see you around the GuestHouse again soon.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

My stay was overall nice rooms were a bit warm but staff was pleasant and helpfull. Good location for me because of the nature of my work it was centrally located. In the midst of some remodeling but not a inconvenience.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank krhills62
Tammy W, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2017

Thank you for your recent review of our Hotel. We always appreciate feedback from our guests. We value your comments and look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay.