US$276
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$244
US$221
Hotels.com
Comfort Inn Ship Creek(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
US$316
Hotel Alyeska(Girdwood)
US$335
US$322
Priceline
All reviewsthe mexican restaurantguest housegladly stay here againfree shuttlewalking distanceroom was cleancoffee machineclose to downtowncable tvfew blocksopen the windowtrain stationlate flightnice stayan older hotelshuttle servicehot breakfast
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed for one night. Parking is not really comfortable. You have to walk in cold and rain for parking. They don't have an elevator. We could hear noises from neighboring rooms all night and couldn't sleep at all. Not recommended. Do yourself a favor and choose a nice b&b or some other hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sktravelworld
Tammy W, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We would like to sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced. We value your feedback and have shared your concerns with our management team.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We were looking for a place to stay before our early morning flight without paying too much and we were happy with our choice. It was great to have their shuttle pick us up from the train station (you have to call for it to pick you up) and then the shuttle to the airport was perfect. It's not a 5 star place and isn't trying to be but it was clean enough and the staff were efficient and pleasant. For the price, you can't beat it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank qbtraveller

Thank you for your recent review of our Hotel. We always appreciate feedback from our guests. We value your comments and look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

This place is a disgrace to the guesthouse brand. After two nights of staying I woke up with bed bug bites. When I went to the office to complain, the idiot day manager told me right away "we don't have bed bugs." I replied well I didn't have them before I arrived and I didn't bite my self! She said pest control will check in the morning. Meanwhile I have to spend another night with these bugs. I will be contacting the Anchorage Health Department first thin in the morning. I will also be seeking a full refund!

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank supremelygifted
Tammy W, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Mr. Supremelygifted,

Please accept my apologies that we were unable to provide you with the refund you requested.

As I advised you, we take bed bugs very seriously and take every precaution necessary to make sure that these uninvited pests are immediately eliminated prior to being reported. American Pest Management has helped us prevent these bugs with their monthly inspections of the Hotel, the installation of bed bug monitors and mattress and box spring encasements on the beds. These encasements prevent the bed bugs from making our bed their home.

I understand that you wanted immediate satisfaction in the form of a refund, but as I advised I cannot do so with out the room being inspected by the professionals, American Pest Management. Once they confirmed directly with you that the room was clean of the pests you were advised that no refund would be provided.

Thank you for your understanding.

Most Sincerely,

Tammy Wanner

Reviewed 2 June 2014

The bed in my room was so comfortable I didn't want to get up the next day! The room was clean and spacious and quiet. The staff were very welcoming and helpful. The free airport shuttle was a bonus and the driver very courteous. I'd definitely choose The GuestHouse again for an exception value.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jeanette M
Tammy W, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

Thank you for the kind feedback. We appreciate you staying with us and hope we can Host you again soon.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

From the minute we walked in to the minute we checked out, the staff was nothing short of amazing! We were already in Anchorage and returning a rental car at the airport and even though the hotel only picks up arriving passengers, Darlene at the front desk made it happen for us. Our cell phones didn't work and had difficulty contacting Darlene to let her know we were ready for pick up - the shuttle waited and we were able to get back to the hotel! Dinner suggestions? They've got it - and recommendations too! There's a book with menus at the front desk. Later that evening, Darlene called to see if everything in the room was satisfactory - wow! So the hotel is older but everything was clean and the beds comfortable. But you can't put a price on spectacular customer service! Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank keakealani

Thank you for taking time to share about your recent stay with us! I'm glad you had a good experience and we look forward to seeing you again.