My friend and I had arrived to Anchorage in the beginning of this month with nowhere to stay (long story!) and every place we called was either fully booked or too expensive. This was the only place that gave us a decent price. A shuttle bus picked us up from the airport after about an hour and a half of us waiting around, but we didn't care at the time as we really just needed to crash somewhere for 2 nights.
When we arrived at the Inn, we were greeted by super friendly staff and our bags were taken up to our room, which ended up being right next to the elevator and right across the vending machine. The room was quite spacious and the beds were okay. However, having said that, I can't imagine that this would be comfortable for more than 2-3 days. During the night, we could hear everything going on in the hallway, next door and in the parking lot, so we couldn't get that much sleep. At some point, someone pounded on our door at 3 am and scared us half to death. In the morning, we could hear everything the cleaning crew was up to in the other rooms as if it was happening in ours. I was a bit worried about us leaving our valuables in the room when we wanted to walk around the city that same day, so I padlocked everything and avoided using the safe. (I can be paranoid sometimes).
Breakfast was at a restaurant a few steps outside the Inn. We paid for it but got a 10% discount. The food was pretty good (yummy pancakes!). Other than that, what really stood out for us in this Inn was the great staff and their overall friendliness and the good location. I think this place is good for shorter stays (2-3 days). I don't think it would be too comfortable after that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alaska may be the last frontier, but the Guesthouse Anchorage Inn means 1st class comfort, service and convenience whether on a ski trip, business or shopping trips, our central location can't be beat... Just walking distance from the arena, convention center or theaters. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your GuestHouse Inn & Suites Anchorage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Downtown Hotel Anchorage
- Days Inn Anchorage
- Anchorage Days Inn
- GuestHouse Inn & Suites Anchorage Alaska