“The smell was horrible in the room.”
Review of Creekwood Inn

Creekwood Inn
Ranked #32 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
“The smell was horrible in the room.”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The hotel overall was terrible was a waste of money. My first time to Alaska and that was my first impression. I checked put early to stay at my brothers hotel. You should check for black mold or get the rooms completely cleaned. Just gross.

2 Thank dan17shp
Creekwood_Manager, Front Office Manager at Creekwood Inn, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Hello,

Thank you for choosing Creekwood Inn while visiting Anchorage. I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We are always looking at ways to improve our property for our guests. I will check all of our rooms to ensure that none of them have a mold issue.

I am very sorry that we failed to make your stay an enjoyable one. We sincerely hope that you would choose to visit us again in the future so we may make it up to you.

Have a great day.

Front Desk Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Haifa, Israel
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Visiting Anchorage in June-July means you either pay $300 per night in downtown or you look elsewhere. I decided to look elsewhere. Creekwood Inn is a motel style accommodation. It was as clean as promised by other reviewers and the reception desk agents were friendly. The room itself was OK, simple, clean, and a bit on the run-down side but not to the extent it makes one feel uncomfortable.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank AvigdorGal
Creekwood_Manager, Front Office Manager at Creekwood Inn, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Hello,

Thank you for staying with us while visiting Anchorage. I am glad that you found the room clean and the staff helpful. Our goal is offer clean comfortable rooms at an affordable rate. Our staff's main objective is to make your stay more enjoyable. We are in the process of updating our whole property. We will be painting the main building later in the season which will help to modernize the outside of the motel. We hope you choose Creekwood Inn again in the future. Have a great day!

Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The rooms are clean, the location is nice, the staff is courteous and friendly. A bit expensive but maybe that was because it was tourist season.

Nice if you are in town for business or conferences. The chester creek trail behind the hotel is a nice cycling trail, and I happened to sight a moose, and a family of wild geese. There are a couple of places to eat around but it is next to a highway so walkable options are limited.

1 Thank neologik
Hello,

Thank you for choosing Creekwood Inn while visiting Anchorage. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you in the future.

Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Creekwood Inn was clean, conveniently located, and relatively inexpensive, compared to other hotels and motels in Anchorage. The staff were pleasant and helpful. The mattress was okay - a little soft and mushy for my taste, but bearable. There are no places to eat immediately adjacent to the property, but there is a wide selection of restaurants within a short drive. My only disappointment was that they don't recycle plastic bottles and the like. After viewing the exhibit at the Anchorage Museum on how much plastic pollutes the oceans, I felt very guilty about putting my juice bottles in the trash. The staff explained that they would have to pay money to participate in a recycling program. I would be willing to pay a little extra to cover that cost.

1 Thank CindyC8484
Hello,

Thank you for staying with us while visiting Anchorage. I am glad that you found the room clean and comfortable as our main goal is to offer clean comfortable rooms at an affordable rate. We are in the process of updating our whole property. I apologize that the mattress was quite soft. I will look into purchasing new mattresses for the rooms which need them. I will also look into recycling options for our property. We hope you choose Creekwood Inn again in the future. Have a terrific day.

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is clean and well located. It can be loud with all the doors slamming. I stayed in room #4. An effort has been on updates but this a very dated property. If I had not been under the impression that this was an updated room, my first reaction would have not been to leave. If you do not mind dated then you will be fine. For Anchorage, it was a good value.

1 Thank MurphyMaples
Hello,

Thank you for staying with Creekwood Inn while visiting Anchorage. I am very happy that you enjoyed the location of our motel and that the room was clean. We take pride in offering our guests clean comfortable rooms at affordable rates. I apologize that the room was noisy. We will look into a way to sound proof the rooms for future guests. We hope you choose Creekwood Inn again in the future so we may make it up to you. Have a great day.

Dodgeville, Wisconsin
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The accommodations were good. This place surprised me. By the outside I was a little worried. But the rooms were nice and clean. The full kitchen was a good opportunity for our family to take a break from eating out (we got a Papa Murphy's Pizza and had a great night in). The rooms are not fancy, but clean and comfortable. The bathroom tile had been painted over but surprisingly that didn't bother me. There is some street noise, but it wasn't terrible. I would stay here again. The location is good.

1 Thank Justsayjenna

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I loved the quilts on the bed. The front desk staff was very nice and helpful. This motel had everything we were looking for. Fridge, microwave and coffee maker in the room. This was in a great location to the main highway with a grocery store nearby. I hiked the trails at the park that's right there too. You can access the trails near the bridge and there's a tunnel that goes under the highway. I found solitude in just a few minutes with great views of the mountains.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Kylewag
Creekwood_Manager, Front Office Manager at Creekwood Inn, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Hello,

Thank you for staying at Creekwood Inn while visiting Anchorage. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are pleased that you liked the quilts in your room. We choose our quilts for each room based on the color of each individual room. We hope to see you in the future.