We chose the Creekwood Inn for a weekend visit because it offered affordable rates compared with other hotels in Anchorage and it had one very positive review on TripAdvisor. If you read their website, you would think that this motel was an ideal hideaway linked with greenspace near downtown. Unfortunately, the real picture is somewhat different. On the plus side, the motel was centrally located, had coffee and refrigerators, had spacious rooms and the rates were affordable. On the downside was the fact that despite the motel's advertisement of being quiet, the motel was directly over the flight path of local planes, had only cumbersome and costly internet access, and had no air conditioning or fans which was a problem during hot weather. The only ventilation that was available was through a window in the rear that provided cross-ventilation with an enclosed hallway in the front of the room, which was really no cross ventilation at all. Also, the greenbelt access was inconvenient and the adjacent trailer park left a lot to be desired. Overall, we would try to find a better "affordable" motel in the Anchorage area if we were to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near downtown on the Chester Creek Trail, also near restaurants, shopping and easy highway access. Free Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Creekwood Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Creekwood Hotel Anchorage
- Creekwood Inn Anchorage, Alaska