1,279 results
All reviews club floor jade restaurant few blocks high floor junior suite mountain view front desk staff downtown area beds were very comfortable the room was nice fitness center blackout curtains stayed one night reindeer sausage cemetery lobby computers
Reviewed 25 July 2011

We got into town late and many of the hotels were booked solid. After calling almost every hotel in town David at the Sheraton decided he'd take the challenge of checking in 16 guests at 4 in the morning saving our butts so we didn't have to sleep on the floor somewhere. He was very helpful and happy to help us out. The hotel itself was fantastic as well, very good amenities and the location is very convenient.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Rob_0646
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2011

Dear Life Saver. Thank you for taking the time to write a review from your recent stay with us at the Sheraton Anchorage. I am so glad we could accomodate you and your traveling companions & that you enjoyed your visit with us. I will be sure to pass your comments on to David and the rest of our team.

I hope we can serve as your hosts again very soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2011

The room was clean and well designed.
The service was poor, no personel available in this hotel. Front desk was no able to answer because only one clerk to help all customers!!!!
The food at the restaurant «Jade» was averageand the service was terrible.
The management should consider to have enough personnel to serve clients.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Passion-Lover
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2011

Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Anchorage and for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. I want to personally apologize for the challenges you faced (due to our staffing levels) while staying at our property. We strive to provide our guests with only the highest quality accommodations and service levels. Anything less is simply unacceptable to us.

I would like to address your concerns, in an educational and constructive manner, with our team members. It would be very helpful if you could provide me with specific details about your experience. I can be reached either by email at jon.kranock@sheratonanchorage.com or by phone at 907-343-3143.

Thank you again for letting us know how we can improve.

Jon Kranock - GM

Reviewed 15 July 2011

My husband and I stayed here one night post cruise before moving on to Seward. Check in was very easy and even though it was early in the day our room was ready. We were booked on the concierge floor which had a terrific lounge where you can get drinks, use the internet for free, watch tv, grab a snack, etc. Especially loved that they had hot appetizers at night and a free mini-breakfast in the am! The view from the lounge was awesome! We were able to see Mt. McKinley in the distance!

The hotel has an alaska feel to it...first nation inspired prints for carpet and first nation decorations. The lobby wasn't very welcoming in my opinion. Kind of a jumble of this and that with an internet cafe thrown in behind the fireplace. It didn't say fancy place to stay when you walked in if that is what you are looking for. The room was small and a bit dark, but recently updated. Very little room for the 4 pieces of luggage we had with us which was annoying. Nice chair and desk with chair by the King sized bed (which was oh so wonderfully comfy!). A fridge was tucked into the dresser/entertainment unit which we used to keep some drinks cold. There were blackout shades but the light still came in around them - we were so tired we didn't care! The bathroom door hit the show curtain rod when you opened it which was strange, but the extended shower curtain was nice while showering. I was excited this place had a tub!

The hotel does not have a pool or spa. The fitness center looked nice, but we didn't actually use it.

Overall a nice place to stay but don't expect it to be ultra fancy, a nice, clean hotel with a nice staff and really comfy bed and pillows.

Staff was nice, room was clean. Hotel is located a bit away from the hub of downtown which made everything a long walk or a car ride (and then having to find and pay for parking) kind of a drag. There was a parking lot outside and across the street from the hotel that we used.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jubeefish
Reviewed 15 July 2011

I've been staying here 1 or 2 nights a month for a few years now. I live the rooms and service. All it would take to be my perfect hotel would be a free shuttle from the airport.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 12 July 2011

Excellent service. Friendly and helpfull staff. The rooms were beautiful and so was the view from our window. We will recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Anchorage.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends