1,279 results
All reviews club floor jade restaurant few blocks high floor junior suite mountain view front desk staff downtown area beds were very comfortable the room was nice fitness center blackout curtains stayed one night reindeer sausage cemetery lobby computers
Reviewed 1 August 2011

For Anc...this is probably one of the nicer hotels. The location is great. The hotel actually provides a free shuttle if it's close enough - pretty much anythign right down town. The rooms are nice..and beds are super comfy.
One recent change that was annoying was the added price for parking. It used to be free for SPG members...and now they've gone to charging.
Otherwise i woulda given them all 5 stars.
the ICE SPA is a must! great services...and the best view ever for where you go to lounge...it's amazign up there!
Will return again.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2011

Dear Inchoface,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review on TripAdvisor. We are grateful for your continued patronage and loyalty & very pleased to read that you enjoyed your most recent visit with us.

I absolutely agree about the Ice Spa being a "must" and that the views are stuning.

Regarding the parking charge - I will look into that to see if/why the procedure changed. If the charge doesn't make sense for SPG guests I will see about fixing that.

We look forward to serving as your hosts during your next visit to Anchorage.

Enjoy the rest of the summer!

Reviewed 31 July 2011

Just came back from a trip to Alaska where we stayed two nights at this hotel. The first night was before taking the train to Denali and we returned for an additional night the day before our cruise . The rooms are spacious and clean, the beds extremly comfortable. Customer service is excellent. The room assigned to us the 2nd night wasn't cooling properly and they promptly and with no hassle changed us to another room. Breakfast is plentiful(it was included in our rate). The hotel is barely in downtown , in an area that's not very attractive. However for a short stay is more than adequate. We were able to leave our big suitcases in storage with them while we toured Denali, that was a big help.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2011

Dear Katarob,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay with us on TripAdvisor. I was so happy to read that you enjoyed your visit and found our hotel convenient and comfortable. I hope that the next time business or pleasure bring you back to Anchorage...that you will allow us to serve as your hosts again.

Jon Kranock - GM

Reviewed 29 July 2011

Lobby area is nice but the rest needs work. Didn't have king bed even though we had confirmed reservation months in advance. We were told by front desk, upon reaching room, to come back downstairs & they would work it out while we waited 30 minutes. We waited but a different person came on duty & told us that there were no rooms with king bed & said we were misinformed so we took what was available. Luggage was delivered to wrong room, air conditioner in room didn't work, bathroom not clean, but bed was comfortable. Hotel is a minimum 5 block walk to anything & neighborhood is kind of iffy. Would not stay here again.

Reviewed 29 July 2011

We did not choose this hotel, it was chosen by our cruise company.
PROS: The rooms. Confortable, clean, modern, great, great beds.
CONS: The neighborhoord. We were actually warned not to walk around at night and must tell you that 5th Avenue (hotel between Fifth and Sixth) is really iffy. I am a savvy, subway-riding New Yorker, and I did not feel comfortable. Drug rehab plac, shady motels and their clinets on the neighborhood. Walk on Sixth Avenue, better.
No safe in the room.
Hotel has a "limo service." Actually a black limo, not a van, to take you five blocks downtown, but only on the hour. It probably fits four people. Please, give me a car or van, every fifteen minutes instead.
Restaurant- One night we came back bushed and had dinner there. The service was so bad and we waited sooooooooooooo long, that I had to get up to have someone bring us a bill. We wanted desser,t but could not phathom waiting for it. The restaurant manager, to her credit, realized our plight and gave us a 15% discount which was very nice, but what we really wanted was service SERVICE. and the place was 1/3 full.
But don't miss the Jade staircase, which OSHA made them carpet, it must have been beautiful BEFORE the goverment got involved.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2011

Dear Tropicali - thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. I am disappointed that some of the aspects of your stay were less than favorable. I promise to use your experience and comments in positive and educational manner to help us improve our product, and team. "It is only through learning what we can do better, that we can do better"

Thank you again for your choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed 29 July 2011

We had been travelling for about 22 hours when we arrived at this hotel at about 1:00am (lateness due to connecting flight from Heathrow in Seattle being delayed). The hotel had been pre-booked and even at hour of the morning the check-in was handled very efficiently and smoothly.
Our room was typical of what you would expect (2 king/queen beds, flat screen TV, air con etc). The bathroom was quite small and in my opinion dated.
The roomy itself seemed clean-enough, so other than the bathroom all OK.
We had to be up early the next morning for a pre-arranged float plane bear watching trip (which was subsequently cancelled due to the weather).
On opening the curtains, we were met with a view over one of the hotels flat roofs and a graveyard. I suppose a graveyard might be better than overlooking another building, but??
The breakfast was again absolutely fine. The usual selection cold meats, cereals, fruit and hot breakfast buffet, not to mention the egg station. Good fruit juice and plenty of coffee (not overly hot though, but I'm just picking!).
As previously mentioned, our excursion that day was cancelled, so we were taken back to the hotel at about 1 - 1:15pm.
Here's where things started to go downhill ... The bar was closed (we were told it opened at 4 or 4:30pm ish, if I remember correctly) and the "bar" that served coffee, soft drinks etc was also closed.
This to me is really unacceptable. It could be that we had an unhelpful member of staff, or they didn't know any different, or it's the hotels policy - whatever it seems madness.
We were touring Alaska and later met people who had stayed in the Hilton in Anchorage. They said it was good and in a good location (I question whether the location of the Sheraton is good, looking at its surroundings, but I don't know Anchorage, nor have I been to the Hilton and so can't comment - just raising the issue).
In conclusion, would I stay at this hotel again? No for the reasons above, and I think I'd look at the Hilton first.

Room Tip: Good enough typical American bedroom - Dated small bathroom