“My second home...”

Sheraton Anchorage Hotel
Ranked #18 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed 24 August 2011

I don't normally post about the hotels I stay at for business, but after staying at the Sheraton Alaska for two months now and getting to know the staff and hotel I just couldn't resist.

One of the best things about my stay every week is the staff and their attention to detail. From the check-in process with Tony or Shafi (who are always inquiring how my weekend was, etc), to my random run ins with the sales manager (Michael) who is always making sure my stay is as comfortable as possible to the staff in the Jade restaurant - everyone is always making sure I am enjoying my time at the hotel. However, the highlight of my week is breakfast every morning in the Club Lounge (it's worth upgrading!). The guy who runs the lounge (Sali) is one of the nicest, friendliest and most attentive hotel staff members I have ever met - and I have stayed at LOTS of hotels. I always leave the lounge with a smile on my face and ready to face the work day ahead. I encourage the hotel manager to hire 100 Salis!

My only piece of advice to the hotel management would be to update the room service menu or maybe try to rotate more dishes in.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2011

Dear Awehrbar

Thank you for your patronage and loyalty. It is very appreciated. Thanks too for posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. It's great to read about how pleased you are with our hotel and team members. I agree with your comments about Shafi, Tony, Michael and Sali. All are exceptional associates and we are very fortunate to have them on our team. I will be sure to pass your compliments on to them.

Regarding the room service menu.... good news....Chef Glen is intorducing the new menu next week! It will have some new items as well as some of the tried and true favorites. Please let me/us know what you think.

Thanks again for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed 20 August 2011

Have been traveling to this property since January of this year. Staff are pleasant, rooms clean and recent improvements (like menu at restaurant) make this a great place to stay in Anchorage.

Several staff go above and beyond to make you feel welcome - Sali and Tony in particular are always ready to greet you with a friendly smile and go out of their way to assist.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2011

Dear Mike1977Chicago

Thanks for being such a loyal guest and for posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I was so very happy to read that you regularly enjoy staying with us. We are very proud of our pleasant, clean rooms, excellent food and exceptional team members. I will be certain to pass your kind words on to Sali and Tony - I agree - they both do a terrific job.

Thanks again for your loyalty and patronage. I hope to have the chance to meet you during your next visit with us.

Reviewed 19 August 2011

My husband and I have just got back from a week in Alaska as part of a 3 week holiday in the USA. Having read reviews of Anchorage hotels and finding all of them very overpriced for the standard of service offered compared with similar hotels in other parts of the USA, I asked the company booking for us to find us the best hotels for our trip. We stayed at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel the first and last nights, and I have to say we had the most comfortable night's sleep we have ever had in the USA. The hotel is not cheap, and for this reason we were not happy that internet access in the room is not included....it is rare these days to have to pay for internet, especially when paying a lot of money for the room. The hotel is only a short walk from central downtown shops and restaurants, but a fair walking distance from the train station, and a taxi from the airport costs around $25.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear JanH775,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us, and for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I was very pleased to read that you had a great stay at our hotel, that you slept so comfortably, and that you found our hotel convenient to the downtown area.

Sorry about the charge for high speed internet. That is something we are working on with the brand & are hopeful that it will go away soon. I will be sure to pass your comments on.

We hope that we may serve as your hosts again during any upcoming visits to Anchorage.

Reviewed 18 August 2011

Me and my colleagues stayed at the Shearaton in Anchorage for a few days in August. Great service from everyone but especially distinguished from Micheal Jesperson, which has helped us in a number of occasion in a very significant way. Definitely reccomend the stay at this hotel, accomodation is great but certain staff makes it even greater!!!

Dear lucio l,

Thanks to you and your colleagues for choosing to stay with us and for you posting a review of your stay on TripAdvisor. So glad to read that you all enjoyed your stay and that you appreciated the exceptional service provided by our team members. Thanks too, for recognizing what a great job Michael Jesperson does. I agree - we are fortunate to have him on our team.

We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to serving as your hosts again very soon.

Reviewed 14 August 2011

We stayed at the Sheraton in Anchorage the first two nights of a trip to AK. The staff was so friendly. The room was clean and very comfortable. We even made appointments in their Ice Spa. We were so pleased with the services. The breakfast buffet had everything we could possibly want and kept us full till dinner. This hotel sells out almost every night in season so book early. We were able to walk all over downtown.

Room Tip: book early.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2011

Dear mkalt1,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to write & post a review of your visit on TripAdvisor. I am so glad you found our hotel to be a great place to stay, clean, comfortable and convenient.

Thanks too for your compliment of our Ice Spa and for advising folks to book early as we are typically full during the high season.

We look forward to serving as your hosts the next time you visit Anchorage.

Reviewed 13 August 2011

We stayed a week here. Rooms are comfortable, and the bar had a good selection. The restaurant was OK. Location is not perfect, about 15 minutes from the centre on foot.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear GrahamB67,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to post a review of your visit on TripAdvisor.

It was nice to read that you found our hotel clean & comfortable during your week stay in Anchorage. Glad to hear you enjoyed the Ptarmigan Bar as well.

We hope that if travel brings you back to Anchorage that we may again serve as your hosts.

Take care.

Reviewed 7 August 2011

We stayed at the Sheraton Anchorage for 2 nights, and we enjoyed the staff, service and accommodations. We stayed in a room on the Club Level and found the rooms very clean, nicely decorated and spacious -- no complaints. We were also pleased that the Club Level lounge was open during the weekend (not always the case at all Sheratons) and served a continental breakfast from 6:00 - 9:00 a.m. and heavy snacks from 6:00 - 9:00 p.m. along with complimentary sodas, juices, bottled water, coffee, newspapers, computer with Internet, etc. -- and the views from the club lounge towards the water and mountains are wonderful!

As others have noted, the hotel is just at the edge of downtown; however, we walked into the center of town many times and had no problems (5 minute walk). For those without a car, a cab from the airport costs about $20 and takes approximately 20 minutes.

Overall, we had a terrific experience at the Sheraton Anchorage, and we recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for a city view on a high floor
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2011

Dear OnTheGoGuy,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I agree with your comment about the view from our higher floors. On a clear day....it's incredible.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve as your hosts again, should your travels bring you back to Anchorage.

Have a great rest of the summer.