“Wonderful hotel in a beautiful city”

Sheraton Anchorage Hotel
Ranked #17 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed 3 April 2012

As I come to the end of my second visit to this beautiful city, I would be remiss if I did not comment on the wonderful reception and service that has been accorded to me at the Sheraton Hotel and Spa here in Anchorage, AK. From the first contact with the sales manager during my research, to this final week of my stay, I've been pleasantly surprised by the hospitality I've received. This city, though small by most US standards, is still the largest in Alaska, and it does have a certain aloofness toward strangers, that is, until you actually meet a few folks. But from the start I've been welcomed, as has my colleague who stayed previously at another local hotel.

The rooms are contemporary and stylish, with breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains. The beds are what you'd expect from a world-class business hotel - large and comfortable and the rooms, though some a bit small, are well thought out with all of the necessities I've come to expect from a Starwood property.

The healthclub boasts one of the top 10 views of any resort in the world, as judged by a national magazine, and the equipment is well maintained. I confess I have not had the opportunity to visit the spa for any of their services, though on my next trip, when I hope to bring my wife, I'm sure we'll have rave reviews of that as well.

I will certainly return to this hotel when next I travel to the area... Well done, Michael, well done!

Room Tip: All rooms should have a breathtaking view on a clear day, though I would think that those on the Sou...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank jsutterf
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

Dear Jsutterf,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to post a review of your visit on TripAdvisor.

I am so very happy that you have enjoyed your two visits to our wonderful city. It's nice to read that you are comfortable staying with us, and that you find our rooms contemporary, stylish and well appointed. All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage are dedicated to providing an exceptional guest experience and a clean comfortable facility for our guests.

Thanks too, for complimenting our staff and especially Michael. I am very proud of our team and their commitment to our guests. I will be sure to pass your comments and compliments on to them.

We look forward to serving as your hosts again very soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,185)

Reviewed 1 April 2012

If you stay at the Sheraton Anchorage, avoid the restaurant at all cost. The hotel itself is nice, rooms are up to date and the spa is something else; however, almost staff member I encountered in the kitchen was terrible. Where do I begin? Jade Steak and Seafood- I was standing at the hostess counter for ten minutes during business hours and nobody came to help me. There were about four girls standing off to the side chatting with each other who did not even acknowledge my presence. To make things worse, the phone was ringing constantly while I was waiting and nobody answered it, so I'm guessing I'm not the only guest who was unhappy at that moment. I went back to the room to try room service and after calling three times I finally got someone on the line. But apparently they were busy and would not have time to bring food to my room.... Who tells a guest that? I'm not sure if they are extremely short staffed or if the room service worker was just as bad as the girls gossiping inside of Jade.

During my stay, I only encountered one helpful person from the restaurant- James. He works in room service and brought my food to me no problem.

All in all, I will never stay in this hotel again. Although everything else was fine, my experiences trying to get food were the worst out of anywhere I have ever been. You'd be better off getting food from McDonalds... trust me.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Anonymous G
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2012

Dear Anonymous G,

I want to sincerely apologize for the challenges and inconvenience we caused you during your recent stay at our hotel. There is no excuse I can offer for not providing the level of service you deserve. I completely understand your frustration and why you found it necessary to document your concerns in your TripAdvisor review.

I am very sorry that we let you down. I can assure you that retraining has already begun to make sure we are doing our best to provide to the level of service that our guests deserve, with our ultimate goal being to exceed expectations.

I can promise you that we do learn from our mistakes. I have already shared your experience and comments with our food and beverage service team (in an educational and constructive manner) so that we can grow as an organization and learn not to repeat our errors.

We appreciate your choosing staying with us Anonymous G. I would welcome an opportunity to apologize personally. Would it be possible for you to contact me directly at 907-343-3143 or via email at jon.kranock@sheratonanchorage.com to arrange a phone call?

Reviewed 29 March 2012

Fabulous afternoon with my friend, Jane, getting our toes pretty and our shoulders back where they should be. LOVED Volker-my Massage Therapist extraordinaire and the lovely Jasmine who made my cloven hooves look human again. Relaxing. Sipping tea by the glass fireplace under the cozy blanket with dim lights and soft music. AHHHHH.

Room Tip: Go to the Ice Spa at the Sheraton. Thursday is two martini pedicure/manicure day-Yes please! Ask f...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Shelley99577

Dear Shelley99577,

Thank you so much for sharing your comments about your recent visit to the Ice Spa. I am so happy you and Jane had a nice time. We are very proud of Ice Spa and take pride in the facility & our guest service culture. I will be sure to share your feedback with Volker, Jasmine and the rest the team.

See you soon!

Reviewed 27 March 2012

I always enjoy staying at the Sheraton when I travel to Anchorage, Ak. The Jade staircase is so unique.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Gregg B
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

Dear Gregg B,

I am so very happy that you enjoy staying with us whenever you are in town. All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage are dedicated to providing an exceptional guest experience and a clean comfortable facility for our guests. I am also a fan of the jade staircase - it is a one of a kind structure. We are proud to feature it in our lobby.

I hope we might meet in person during your next visit.

Take care.

Reviewed 25 March 2012

This is the only place I stay in Anchorage. Very nice hotel in a great location. I've checked in a few times at midnight before driving home after a long flight, and never had a problem.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2012

Dear BigBillin,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us, and for posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I was very pleased to read that you enjoying staying with us. We are very proud of our pleasant, clean rooms, excellent food, authentic Alaskan decor, and exceptional team members.

All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing exceptional service and a clean, well maintained environment for all of our guests. If you travel to Anchorage on business frequently I encourage you to contact Michael Jesperson our business travel sales manager. He is able to negotiate special rates for companies based on volume and or frequency of business travel. Michael can be reached directly at michael.jesperson@sheratonanchorage.com or 907-343-3145.

Thank you again for your patronage. I hope to have the chance to meet you during your next visit with us.

Reviewed 18 March 2012

Stayed at the Sheraton for 3 nights via Priceline. The room was clean & comfortable. The beds were full size, so not as comfortable as a queen or king. An upgrade was probably available. Internet was suppose to be a $10 charge, but we logged on via meeting rooms at no charge. Biggest complaint was distance from downtown. It is certainly in walking distance, but March weather & snow made it difficult. Parking is a $10 charge, but street parking is free from 6PM to 8AM. We would stay again.
J&K

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Joe C
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2012

Dear JHC-travel

Thanks for choosing the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, and for taking the time to write & post a review of your visit on TripAdvisor. I am really glad you found the room clean and comfortable and pleased that you would choose to stay with us again.

Take care now.

Reviewed 14 March 2012

We drove into Anchorage straight from Haines arriving after 230 am, I called several hotels and they were all booked up. The Sheraton was one of few to have availability. The hotel is beautiful and the customer service was excellent provided by the night front desk man. Our room was clean and came with a view of the city.

• Stayed: March 2012
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2012

Dear Veronica030

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post a review of your visit on TripAdvisor.

I am so very happy that you enjoy staying with us, that you think our hotel is beautiful, found your room very clean and service provided by our team members to be excellent. All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage are dedicated to providing an exceptional guest experience and a clean comfortable facility for our guests.

I absolutely agree with your comment about the views from our rooms. On a clear day the city and surrounding mountain views are just amazing.

I hope that your stay with us has made the Sheraton your first choice for when travel brings you to Anchorage!