“Tour stop” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #28 of 72 Hotels in Anchorage
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
“Tour stop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

Our tour group stayed here at the end of 7 days in interior Alaska. Although several people in the group had complaints about the hotel including the tour director, I have no complaints. Service was good. Access to food and the food itself was good. Staff were pleasant and helpful. The front desk clerk went out of his way to get a cab when the tour's shuttle didn't show to take us to the airport at 11pm. The room was clean and well-appointed as a top Sheraton should be. We enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this review, 31 August 2012
Dear lnois,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to post a review of your visit on TripAdvisor. I am so very happy that you had a great experience. Thanks for mentioning our clean and well appointed guest rooms, and exceptionally staff. All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing exceptional service in a clean and well maintained environment.

I will be sure to share your comments and compliments with the rest of our team.

Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed staying with us.

Take care.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Korean first
Johannesburg, South Africa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

After arriving from a long trip, you get there and the hotel receptionist are rude, dont really know whats going on, rika ting was one of the ladies working there, wasnt helpfull at all. when you ask for restaurants you get a stern answer or not any at all.overall it doesnt match up to the sharaton standards or name, the sheraton in vancouver wallcentre were we stayed at was brilliant, but this sheraton surely was a dissapoinment. jason the room service guy was very friendly and helpfull!

Dear ChristineBM007,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review of your visit on TripAdvisor. I am very sorry to learn that we did not provide to the level of service which you expected and for which we are known. I sincerely apologize for the challenges with our front desk team staff. I feel terrible that we let you down. All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing exceptional service and a clean, well maintained environment for our guests.

I will share your experience and comments with our entire management and front desk teams (in an educational and constructive manner) so that we can learn from our mistakes, become a stronger team and improve our product/services.

I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly so that I may gather some more specific details about your visit. I realize that you are busy, but hope that you might find the time to discuss your stay with me so that we are best able to improve from your experience.

My direct line at the hotel is 907-343-3143, or you may email me at jon.kranock@sheratonanchorage.com.

Travellers are raving about these Anchorage hotels

kelowna, BC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

Stayed here on Aug 3rd for one night. Rooms were nice and up to par with other starwood hotels. Hotel fitness center, restaurants, etc were all really good.

The staff at the front desk were apparently all brand new though and haven't had any training. I was told by one staff member that they had just let a bunch of people go at once and hired all new staff.

I talked to 3 different people at the front desk and none of them knew basics like the code to get onto the club floor or the starwood preferred welcome bonus program. I then talked to the "senior" staff member who was just as hopeless. I asked to talk to a manager but was never contacted for this.

Location is ok but not great. It's a little bit of a walk into town to where all of the other hotels and services are. Not really the nicest or safest area to walk through either.

If I were to go back, would probably stay at the hilton in the middle of town instead.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this review, 13 August 2012
Dear Climbingbum,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review of your visit on TripAdvisor. It was nice to read that you found our rooms nice, enjoyed our fitness center and restaurants. I am very sorry to learn that our front desk associates did not provide to the level of service which you expected and for which we are known. I feel terrible that we let you down. All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing exceptional service and a clean, well maintained environment for our guests.

I will share your experience and comments with our front desk and management teams (in an educational and constructive manner) so that we can learn from our mistakes, become a stronger team and improve our product/services.

Thank you again for letting us know about your stay and how we can improve.
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

We stayed at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel for one night and were impressed by the beautiful lobby with a bar and restaurant. Our room was spacious with a beautiful view of the city. Room was very clean and had a flat screen TV and king size bed. We walked to the area with all the tourist action but enjoyed being in a quieter part of the city that night. Check out was noon instead of 11am at most hotels and we asked for a later checkout and it was available with no problem. Would recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Room with a view if available.
Dear JosieJo02,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us, and for posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I was so very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay. We are very proud of our pleasant, clean rooms, excellent food and exceptional team members.

All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing exceptional service and a clean, well maintained environment for all of our guests. We appreciate your recommending our hotel to other travelers to Anchorage.

Thank you again for your patronage. We would be pleased to serve as your hosts again soon.

Take care
Grand Rapids, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights on a business trip. We had booked a room on the club level via American Express. Unfortunately there was no room available and we were put in a room on the 14th floor with access to the club level club on the 11th floor. The room was not clean so we moved to a room on the 7th floor. We found the club Lounge to be very over rated. The nice thing about the lounge was the non alcoholic beverages like water bottles, coffee, and juices. The breakfast was nothing special...no eggs, etc..more like cereal and fruit. It was also really packed with families and children rather than business people. Our biggest disappointment was that at checkout they would not give us the difference we paid for a room that was not available. They said to take it up with American Express so we will. Guess you pay for what you get. Our friends stayed at The Captain Cook hotel and there was no comparison. If you can afford it and there is availability you should stay there.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Dear Marty L,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and for taking the time to post a review of your visit on TripAdvisor. I would like to personally apologize for the challenges you encountered during your visit to our hotel. I am very disappointed that some of the aspects off your stay were less than favorable. All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing exceptional service in a clean and well maintained environment.

I will be sure to share your comments and experience (in an educational and constructive manner) with our housekeeping staff, as well as our club lounge service teams. Our ultimate goal is to improve from each learning opportunity presented.

Saskatoon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2012

I was in Anchorage for a week for a business trip back in January 2012 and stayed at the Sheraton in Anchorage. The service at the restaurants in the hotel were good, but it took me a while to reach the front desk. The room was clean, but the quality of the room was nowhere close to other hotel I have stayed in previously with a similar price range (approx. $200/night).

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this review, 10 August 2012
Dear Joon H,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and for taking the time to post a review of your visit on TripAdvisor. Thank you for recognizing the good service provided at the hotel and how clean your accommodations were. I am very disappointed that you were unhappy with what you quality of the room. All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing exceptional service in a clean and well maintained environment.

Thank you.
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

Last minute booking requirement was handled very well by Michael Jesperson; who manages our companies account at the hotel. Arrived early after a fishing expedition and was overtired and in need of sleep. Mr.Jesperson personally assisted my brother and I to ensure we had the best chance of an early check-in.

My team and I are always grateful for his assistance.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this review, 9 August 2012
Dear Martin l,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to post a review of your visit on TripAdvisor. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to rest up after the fishing trip. All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing exceptional service in a clean and well maintained environment.

I am also a big fan of Michael Jesperson. He is an outstanding sales team member. His commitment to guest service is second to none. He really takes it to heart, and takes pride in the relationships he builds with our guests. It is truly a pleasure to work with Michael. I will be sure to share your comments/compliments with him and the rest of our team.

We are grateful for our ongoing relationship with your company and look forward to serving as your hosts in Anchorage again very soon.

Take care.