Sheraton Anchorage Hotel
Lakeshore Inn & Suites(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$280
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Best Western Golden Lion Hotel(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$111
BestWestern.com
SpringHill Suites Anchorage University Lake(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
US$144
The Hotel Captain Cook(Anchorage)
US$185
  • Pool
1,195 results
All reviewsclub floorfew blockshigh floorjunior suitefront desk staffbeds were very comfortablefree internetfitness centerdowntown areastayed one nightreindeer sausagecemeterylobbycruisejademountainscomputers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton Anchorage on two separate occasions for one night each. I had a pleasant stay both times. Rooms were clean, up-to-date, and comfortable, with good sleep quality. Both rooms I stayed in had sweeping and beautiful views of the mountains abutting Anchorage. The location is quite good, right at the edge of downtown and within walking distance of downtown Anchorage’s sights and restaurants.

Worthy of note were the staff: they were quite good. Staff asked the standard, prescribed questions about my stay, what they could do for me, and so on. Often these questions are annoying because of an underlying indifference. At this property, however, these routine questions seemed sincere and, at every turn, staff were eager to assist and to go an extra step to make the stay better. I enjoyed both of my stays and would recommend the property.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Dear QlobeTrotter,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us (twice) and for posting a review on tripadvisor. I am so glad you enjoyed your visits with us. We appreciate your commenting on our clean, comfortable rooms, amazing views and convenient location. All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing exceptional guest service in a clean/well maintained facility. Your comment about our staff sincerely caring about you and your experience was extremely gratifying to read. I believe we have an amazing team and it is rewarding to read that you saw it too. I will be sure to pass your compliments on to the team.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

The location of the Sheraton is very convenient for you day trip out of Anchorage by car and within walking distance to the mall. The property has a friendly staff and breakfast at Jade was very good. It does need some major facelift to the rooms and common areas but it is clean and their prices are competitive with the other major chains

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank TG_Tulio
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Dear TG_Tulio,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review from your visit on Tripadvisor. I am so glad you had a nice visit with us. Thank you for commenting on our friendly staff, clean rooms, convenient location and tasty breakfast buffet in Jade. I will be sure to pass your compliments on to our team members.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

This is a nice laid back property in Anchorage. Although its location is a few blocks away from the "hub" of downtown activity (although minimal at best!), it's in a walkable safe location. Rooms were very nice and recently renovated. Front desk staff was AMAZING--wish I could remember specific names! All hotel personnel I encountered (housekeepers, restaurant staff, bell men, valet, etc.) were all very welcoming and sincere. Breakfast buffet was among on of the best I've had! Good job, Sheraton Anchorage!

Room Tip: Rooms are great. Despite block out curtains light does infiltrate! A west room provides a bit more morning darkness, depending on the time of year visiting!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank 50states7continents

Dear 50states7continents,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review from your visit. I am so glad you had a nice visit. Thanks for commenting about our "nice" rooms, excellent team members and convenient, safe location. All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing exceptional guest service in a clean/well maintained facility. I appreciate your sharing your experience and comments.

We would be honored to have you come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 23 September 2013

To start, I've got to say that I stayed at this hotel for business, so my company had arranged room for me. Upon arriving at the hotel, the front desk staff was very friendly and quick in navigating the check-in process. The hotel appeared to be renovated/updated within the last 5 years, but upon entering the room, it seems they've missed a few of the details in order to achieve a finished/polished product. For example, the desk chair in the room had very worn upholstery, some unattended to stains in the carpet and the shower head in the bathroom spewed water from the connection, leaving an eventual puddle on the floor. I can't imagine I was the only one who noticed this problem. I had an issue with housekeeping and when I called guest services to advise them of the situation, the manager on duty "Chris" was very attentive, professional and was quick to offer a fair solution. I ordered room service for dinner and upon delivery, I found the serving staff to be friendly and the food to be hot and very tasty! Overall, as said, the hotel has great service, is in a great location and offers updated rooms with very friendly staff! Attention to some small details would make a future stay at this property very close to perfect!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank mjlhou

Dear Mjlhou,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review from your visit on trip advisor. I am very grateful for your detailed feedback. All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing exceptional service in a clean and well maintained environment. We do our very best to make the most of every opportunity presented to learn and improve.

I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly so that I may gather some more specific details about your visit. I realize that you are busy, but hope that you might find the time to discuss your stay with me so that we are best able to improve from your experience.

My direct line at the hotel is 907-343-3143, or you may email me at jon.kranock@sheratonanchorage.com.

I hope that if business or pleasure brings you back to Anchorage that we might serve as your hosts again.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

The front desk staff was tremendous, extremely informative and friendly going out of their way to assist. When I offered a gratuity for the help they provided, it was refused, Staff said they were just doing their job.
Breakfast was bountiful and tasty, location was also good.
The room was spacious and clean but could use a slight touchup.
Unless you are looking for a true 5 star hotel, you can not do better

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Arubalad,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and for posting a review from your visit on Trip Advisor. I am so very happy that you had a great stay with us. Thanks too for commenting on our exceptional team members, clean rooms, convenient location, and our "bountiful, tasty" breakfast buffet. All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing exceptional service in a clean and well maintained environment. It's nice to hear back from guests that we are doing a good job.

I will be sure to share your comments/compliments with our entire team.

We look forward to serving as your hosts again very soon.

Thank you again for your patronage.