“Good location, clean rooms.”

Sheraton Anchorage Hotel
Ranked #22 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
“Good location, clean rooms.”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We used the Sheraton Anchorage for our home base this summer for 3 days while we were exploring the surrounding area. I have SPG gold status. Unfortunately, upon our arrival (we got in late) there was no rooms available for upgrades (or even a high floor for that matter), so we ended up getting a room on the 3rd floor. However, the hotel did waive 3 nights worth of parking for us. Always something to keep in mind.

We didn't have any complaints about the room. Well kept and well staffed. The blackout curtains were necessary being that there was 22 hours of sunlight. Really strange on the body, but interesting. All in all it was great trip and a great stay. I just wish we didn't have to drive so far to see everything.

Room Tip: Try to get a mountain view.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Dear Brichter24,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review from your stay on trip advisor. We appreciate your mentioning our clean rooms, convenient location and excellent black out curtains. I will be sure to share your comments/experience with our entire team.

We are grateful for your feedback and patronage. We hope you had a great time exploring the area and hope to serve as your hosts again very soon.

Take care.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Korean first
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here two nights out of are ten day honeymoon trip to Alaska-it's been a comfortable place to sleep & a convenient location to great places to eat in downtown Ancorage, AK The bed is comfortable, and one of the nights we ordered room service & it was delicious!!

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Jenifer M,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review from your visit on tripadvisor. We are so glad you could spend part of your honeymoon as our guests. We are grateful for your comments on our comfortable rooms/beds, convenient location and tasty food. I will be sure to pass your compliments on to our team members.

Congratulations and thank you so much for your patronage.

Bergen
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We stayed at this hotel over Labor Day weekend and were impressed. The hotel staff was friendly, and it was a great base for day trips to multiple South Central Alaskan destinations, including Seward, Talkeetna, and Palmer. Rooms were nice, but not lavish or amazin, and the concierge service could use an upgrade. Overall solid place.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Jay C,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to post a review from your visit on tripadvisor. It is great to read that you describe our hotel as "solid" and found our staff to be so friendly and nice. Thanks too for commenting on our nice rooms and convenient location.

Feedback from our guests is vitally important to us. We will use your comments, experience and suggestions to identify areas for improvement, and as a tool to let the team know what they are doing well.

We are grateful for your patronage and willingness to share your experience with us.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Decent hotel for my one night stay in Anchorage. Its close to the mall and to some very good restaurants however I think the Hilton and Marriott in town would have been more convenient for me. I walked everywhere but I noticed that if I stayed at those other properties, my walk time would have been halved. I think that would be an important consideration if I were in town during the winter.

The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable as I've come to expect from Sheraton. I was told on check-in that I would be getting a nice view of the city but my room (on the 4th floor I think close to the elevators) had a great view of the lobby roof and was in the armpit of the building. So much for being an SPG member.

The gym on the 15th floor was simple with treadmills, ellipticals and free weights. Adequate enough but the view of the city and surrounding area was much better than my room.

Fast free wifi. (don't know if it was free because of my rate or SPG status)

Very nice staff despite the exaggeration of views.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Dear G4480,

Thank you choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to post your review from your visit on tripadvisor. We appreciate your compliments on the cleanliness of your guestroom, comfort of the bed and our very nice staff. I apologize for the bad information from our desk agent about the view. I have shared your comments and experience (in an educational and constructive manner) with our front office team to insure that we learn from your experience.

We look forward to serving as your hosts again very soon. I will be happy to assist with your next reservation & promise that you will have an amazing view. Please feel free to reach out to me at jon.kranock@sheratonanchorage.com.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us.
Washington DC
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton Anchorage on two separate occasions for one night each. I had a pleasant stay both times. Rooms were clean, up-to-date, and comfortable, with good sleep quality. Both rooms I stayed in had sweeping and beautiful views of the mountains abutting Anchorage. The location is quite good, right at the edge of downtown and within walking distance of downtown Anchorage’s sights and restaurants.

Worthy of note were the staff: they were quite good. Staff asked the standard, prescribed questions about my stay, what they could do for me, and so on. Often these questions are annoying because of an underlying indifference. At this property, however, these routine questions seemed sincere and, at every turn, staff were eager to assist and to go an extra step to make the stay better. I enjoyed both of my stays and would recommend the property.

Dear QlobeTrotter,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us (twice) and for posting a review on tripadvisor. I am so glad you enjoyed your visits with us. We appreciate your commenting on our clean, comfortable rooms, amazing views and convenient location. All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing exceptional guest service in a clean/well maintained facility. Your comment about our staff sincerely caring about you and your experience was extremely gratifying to read. I believe we have an amazing team and it is rewarding to read that you saw it too. I will be sure to pass your compliments on to the team.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 September 2013

The location of the Sheraton is very convenient for you day trip out of Anchorage by car and within walking distance to the mall. The property has a friendly staff and breakfast at Jade was very good. It does need some major facelift to the rooms and common areas but it is clean and their prices are competitive with the other major chains

1 Thank TG_Tulio
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Dear TG_Tulio,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review from your visit on Tripadvisor. I am so glad you had a nice visit with us. Thank you for commenting on our friendly staff, clean rooms, convenient location and tasty breakfast buffet in Jade. I will be sure to pass your compliments on to our team members.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 23 September 2013

This is a nice laid back property in Anchorage. Although its location is a few blocks away from the "hub" of downtown activity (although minimal at best!), it's in a walkable safe location. Rooms were very nice and recently renovated. Front desk staff was AMAZING--wish I could remember specific names! All hotel personnel I encountered (housekeepers, restaurant staff, bell men, valet, etc.) were all very welcoming and sincere. Breakfast buffet was among on of the best I've had! Good job, Sheraton Anchorage!

Room Tip: Rooms are great. Despite block out curtains light does infiltrate! A west room provides a bit more...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank 50states7continents
Dear 50states7continents,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review from your visit. I am so glad you had a nice visit. Thanks for commenting about our "nice" rooms, excellent team members and convenient, safe location. All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing exceptional guest service in a clean/well maintained facility. I appreciate your sharing your experience and comments.

We would be honored to have you come back and see us again soon!