“Sheraton is a good place for Partyers!”

Sheraton Anchorage Hotel
Ranked #18 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed 14 October 2013

The Sheraton in Anchorage is a good place for Partyers! We are currently in Anchorage, and we have now had 2 sleepless nights due to a room full of partyers across the hall from us.
In addition to calling down to the front desk many times from 12pm until 5:30 am (as did several other rooms) each night so that security could threaten to throw out the room of guys partying (I say threaten because they never followed through with throwing them out as they continued), I also spoke to the front desk staff and Management on 3 separate occasions.
Finally after the 4th time we insisted on changing rooms as we have 2 more nights and the guys are still having "fun" in their room. They did not think it was necessary as we were told to call if we heard any noise and they would keep an "eye" on the party room. However, we are exhausted and need a good nights sleep.
I must note that we were listened to, however our complaints were not heard, as we were the ones being inconvenienced in having to change rooms and insisting on the change. We were offered free breakfast however our room came with breakfast. There was no upgrade to our room or anything else offered to compensate for our poor experiences that Management had full control of changing.
So if you are a family, business traveler, or someone that values a good nights sleep, the Sheraton is NOT the place to stay in Anchorage.
If you are a Partyer, then stay there and party on.

Room Tip: The sheets are so stiff that they stand up on their own. And they make noise when when you are toss...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear Lifeplanner,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review of your visit on tripadvisor. I am very sorry to learn that your sleep was disturbed due to noise from another guest room, and that our security and front desk management staff did not respond appropriately. I sincerely apologize for any of our team member’s actions/statements that caused you to feel that you were not being listened to or that your experience in our hotel was not important. I feel terrible that we let you down.

I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly so that I may gather some more specific details about your visit. I realize that you are busy, but hope that you might find the time to discuss your experience with me so that we are best able to improve.

My direct line at the hotel is 907-343-3143, or you may email me at jon.kranock@sheratonanchorage.com.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,189)

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Decent, mid-level Sheraton. Some upgrades in rooms, but still need many more. The desk chair was peeling vinyl/fake leather (whatever the fabric) and all the wood was dark and very 70s looking. The bed wasn't near as comfortable as other Sheratons I've stayed at - sheets were rough and comforter was lumpy (not down). Bathroom was nicely upgraded, but small yet water pressure was great. Lobby areas were open, warm and inviting. The Ptarmigian (sp? - the lounge) was nice and offered good drinks and food options (although I didn't eat, it looked good!). I guess I had my expectations set on a more upscale hotel, but I do believe this is probably one of the better hotels in the downtown area.
The service staff was outstanding and overall I can recommend this hotel- just don't think it is on-par with other downtown city Sheratons. I thought it was equivalent to a really nice 4 points, but with more full-service amenities. That being said, the $109 rate I paid was well worth it.
The Club Level was a nice room with view and had longer hours than some of the others I've been to (6-9 am and pm). However, both mornings and evenings I went there was no attendant - no biggie, but usually there is someone offering to get you an adult beverage (at cost of course). The apptz were decent and they had a nice cooler stocked with water, yogurts, sodas, etc.
Good value, but not as upscale as I thought. Good location with ample parking ($10). Centrally located in downtown area.

Room Tip: I was on a higher floor and the views were amazing. Club lounge in on 11 and gym/spa is on the 15th...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank winegirlSanFrancisco

Dear WinegirlSanFrancisco,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to post a detailed review from your visit on tripadvisor. It is great to read that you recommend our hotel and found our staff to be "outstanding".

Feedback from our guests is vitally important to us. We will use your comments, experience and suggestions to identify areas for improvement, and as a tool to let the team know what they are doing well.

We are grateful for your patronage and willingness to share your experience with us.

We look forward to serving as your hosts again very soon.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Stayed two nights here. As SPG Gold got upgraded to a fantastic junior suite with panoramic water views. Club lounge was good as well...hot breakfast in the morning and nice appetizers in the evening. Staff couldn't have been friendlier too!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Enilk3,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review from your visit on tripadvisor. I am so glad you enjoyed your visit. Thanks for commenting about our "fantastic" junior suites, friendly staff and exceptional club lounge experience. All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing exceptional guest service in a clean/well maintained facility. I appreciate your sharing your experience and comments.

We would be honored to have you come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 9 October 2013

We used the Sheraton Anchorage for our home base this summer for 3 days while we were exploring the surrounding area. I have SPG gold status. Unfortunately, upon our arrival (we got in late) there was no rooms available for upgrades (or even a high floor for that matter), so we ended up getting a room on the 3rd floor. However, the hotel did waive 3 nights worth of parking for us. Always something to keep in mind.

We didn't have any complaints about the room. Well kept and well staffed. The blackout curtains were necessary being that there was 22 hours of sunlight. Really strange on the body, but interesting. All in all it was great trip and a great stay. I just wish we didn't have to drive so far to see everything.

Room Tip: Try to get a mountain view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Brichter24,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review from your stay on trip advisor. We appreciate your mentioning our clean rooms, convenient location and excellent black out curtains. I will be sure to share your comments/experience with our entire team.

We are grateful for your feedback and patronage. We hope you had a great time exploring the area and hope to serve as your hosts again very soon.

Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here two nights out of are ten day honeymoon trip to Alaska-it's been a comfortable place to sleep & a convenient location to great places to eat in downtown Ancorage, AK The bed is comfortable, and one of the nights we ordered room service & it was delicious!!

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear Jenifer M,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review from your visit on tripadvisor. We are so glad you could spend part of your honeymoon as our guests. We are grateful for your comments on our comfortable rooms/beds, convenient location and tasty food. I will be sure to pass your compliments on to our team members.

Congratulations and thank you so much for your patronage.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

We stayed at this hotel over Labor Day weekend and were impressed. The hotel staff was friendly, and it was a great base for day trips to multiple South Central Alaskan destinations, including Seward, Talkeetna, and Palmer. Rooms were nice, but not lavish or amazin, and the concierge service could use an upgrade. Overall solid place.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Jay C,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to post a review from your visit on tripadvisor. It is great to read that you describe our hotel as "solid" and found our staff to be so friendly and nice. Thanks too for commenting on our nice rooms and convenient location.

We look forward to serving as your hosts again very soon.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Decent hotel for my one night stay in Anchorage. Its close to the mall and to some very good restaurants however I think the Hilton and Marriott in town would have been more convenient for me. I walked everywhere but I noticed that if I stayed at those other properties, my walk time would have been halved. I think that would be an important consideration if I were in town during the winter.

The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable as I've come to expect from Sheraton. I was told on check-in that I would be getting a nice view of the city but my room (on the 4th floor I think close to the elevators) had a great view of the lobby roof and was in the armpit of the building. So much for being an SPG member.

The gym on the 15th floor was simple with treadmills, ellipticals and free weights. Adequate enough but the view of the city and surrounding area was much better than my room.

Fast free wifi. (don't know if it was free because of my rate or SPG status)

Very nice staff despite the exaggeration of views.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Dear G4480,

Thank you choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to post your review from your visit on tripadvisor. We appreciate your compliments on the cleanliness of your guestroom, comfort of the bed and our very nice staff. I apologize for the bad information from our desk agent about the view. I have shared your comments and experience (in an educational and constructive manner) with our front office team to insure that we learn from your experience.

We look forward to serving as your hosts again very soon. I will be happy to assist with your next reservation & promise that you will have an amazing view. Please feel free to reach out to me at jon.kranock@sheratonanchorage.com.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us.