“Update with great lobby”

Sheraton Anchorage Hotel
Ranked #21 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
Larchmont, New York
“Update with great lobby”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Booked two nights because we arrived at 1am on Sat and departed Sun @ 6 am. Desk staff was nice, but sleepy when we checked in.

We were upgraded to executive privileges bc of SPG account, so not a larger room, but access to lounge for bfast/snacks - always appreciated! Room faced water and was MUCH nicer than our stay about 3 years ago - bathrooms are still European small - but spotlessly clean. Also waved the cleaning in the room for 500 points, but received a $5 voucher instead?!?(Had to use onsite by checkout date...just saw that as I was cleaning out my wallet.)

Used spa - w o n d e r f u l! Peaceful. Great view of mountains. Spa Manager - You need to enforce the quiet policy - the lounge was just outside my husband's treatment room and a set of women there for a BD treat would not stop talking loudly - just rude...

We used the computer giant circle table in the lobby to do about an hours business email, etc. VERY NICE!

All in all - a solid SPG experience. Will use again for next Anchorage trip.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Dear Riggingdiva,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review on tripadvisor. I am so glad you enjoyed your return visit with us. It was great to read that you saw a nice improvement from your stay 3 years ago. We appreciate your commenting on your Club Floor experience; Make a Green Choice program, Ice Spa and the cleanliness of your accommodations. All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing exceptional guest service in a clean/well maintained facility. It's gratifying to read your review. I will be sure to pass your compliments on to the team.

Thanks so much for the feedback and patronage! We look forward to serving as your hosts again very soon.

Take care.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Spent 2 nights in this hotel, during my visit to Alaska. Since I am a platinum SPG member, they upgraded me to a nice junior suite, and complimentary breakfast. What a nice touch! The staff were very friendly and kind. Will definitely stay here again when I visit Anchorage.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Cookiebeast,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review from your stay on tripadvisor. We appreciate your loyalty to SPG and are glad we could do the upgrade. Thanks too for mentioning our "kind and friendly" staff. I will be sure to share your comments/experience with our entire team.

We are grateful for your feedback, and hope to serve as your hosts again very soon.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 20 October 2013

First visit to Anchorage; in town for business. The Sheraton Anchorage was pretty standard. Nothing wrong...nothing spectacular. The lobby was decently upgraded, nice fireplace, and the rooms were clean, with the Sweet Sleeper bed. Bathrooms are abysmally small, but this seems par for older hotels in the brand. The staff was friendly. Got a room on the 14th floor, which I assume was a "preferred room"; I am Starwood Gold. I appreciated the location, as we were able to walk to the 5th Ave shopping center, and several decent dining options. Still waiting on points to credit for Make A Green Choice (waived housekeeping service), even though stay credits posted immediately after check out. Would consider the property again.

Room Tip: A room on an upper floor, that overlooks the water, as opposed to the cemetery.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Adam H,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review on tripadvisor. I am so glad you enjoyed your visit with us. We appreciate your commenting on our clean rooms, amazing views, friendly staff and convenient location. I sent an email this morning confirming your Make a Green Choice points have been awarded. Sorry for the delay. I will be sure to pass your compliments on to the team.

We look forward to serving as your hosts again very soon.
Calgary
Reviewed 14 October 2013

The Sheraton in Anchorage is a good place for Partyers! We are currently in Anchorage, and we have now had 2 sleepless nights due to a room full of partyers across the hall from us.
In addition to calling down to the front desk many times from 12pm until 5:30 am (as did several other rooms) each night so that security could threaten to throw out the room of guys partying (I say threaten because they never followed through with throwing them out as they continued), I also spoke to the front desk staff and Management on 3 separate occasions.
Finally after the 4th time we insisted on changing rooms as we have 2 more nights and the guys are still having "fun" in their room. They did not think it was necessary as we were told to call if we heard any noise and they would keep an "eye" on the party room. However, we are exhausted and need a good nights sleep.
I must note that we were listened to, however our complaints were not heard, as we were the ones being inconvenienced in having to change rooms and insisting on the change. We were offered free breakfast however our room came with breakfast. There was no upgrade to our room or anything else offered to compensate for our poor experiences that Management had full control of changing.
So if you are a family, business traveler, or someone that values a good nights sleep, the Sheraton is NOT the place to stay in Anchorage.
If you are a Partyer, then stay there and party on.

Room Tip: The sheets are so stiff that they stand up on their own. And they make noise when when you are toss...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Dear Lifeplanner,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review of your visit on tripadvisor. I am very sorry to learn that your sleep was disturbed due to noise from another guest room, and that our security and front desk management staff did not respond appropriately. I sincerely apologize for any of our team member’s actions/statements that caused you to feel that you were not being listened to or that your experience in our hotel was not important. I feel terrible that we let you down.

I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly so that I may gather some more specific details about your visit. I realize that you are busy, but hope that you might find the time to discuss your experience with me so that we are best able to improve.

My direct line at the hotel is 907-343-3143, or you may email me at jon.kranock@sheratonanchorage.com.

Travellers are raving about these Anchorage hotels

San Francisco
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Decent, mid-level Sheraton. Some upgrades in rooms, but still need many more. The desk chair was peeling vinyl/fake leather (whatever the fabric) and all the wood was dark and very 70s looking. The bed wasn't near as comfortable as other Sheratons I've stayed at - sheets were rough and comforter was lumpy (not down). Bathroom was nicely upgraded, but small yet water pressure was great. Lobby areas were open, warm and inviting. The Ptarmigian (sp? - the lounge) was nice and offered good drinks and food options (although I didn't eat, it looked good!). I guess I had my expectations set on a more upscale hotel, but I do believe this is probably one of the better hotels in the downtown area.
The service staff was outstanding and overall I can recommend this hotel- just don't think it is on-par with other downtown city Sheratons. I thought it was equivalent to a really nice 4 points, but with more full-service amenities. That being said, the $109 rate I paid was well worth it.
The Club Level was a nice room with view and had longer hours than some of the others I've been to (6-9 am and pm). However, both mornings and evenings I went there was no attendant - no biggie, but usually there is someone offering to get you an adult beverage (at cost of course). The apptz were decent and they had a nice cooler stocked with water, yogurts, sodas, etc.
Good value, but not as upscale as I thought. Good location with ample parking ($10). Centrally located in downtown area.

Room Tip: I was on a higher floor and the views were amazing. Club lounge in on 11 and gym/spa is on the 15th...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank winegirlSanFrancisco
Dear WinegirlSanFrancisco,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to post a detailed review from your visit on tripadvisor. It is great to read that you recommend our hotel and found our staff to be "outstanding".

Feedback from our guests is vitally important to us. We will use your comments, experience and suggestions to identify areas for improvement, and as a tool to let the team know what they are doing well.

We are grateful for your patronage and willingness to share your experience with us.

We look forward to serving as your hosts again very soon.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Stayed two nights here. As SPG Gold got upgraded to a fantastic junior suite with panoramic water views. Club lounge was good as well...hot breakfast in the morning and nice appetizers in the evening. Staff couldn't have been friendlier too!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Enilk3,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review from your visit on tripadvisor. I am so glad you enjoyed your visit. Thanks for commenting about our "fantastic" junior suites, friendly staff and exceptional club lounge experience. All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing exceptional guest service in a clean/well maintained facility. I appreciate your sharing your experience and comments.

We would be honored to have you come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 9 October 2013

We used the Sheraton Anchorage for our home base this summer for 3 days while we were exploring the surrounding area. I have SPG gold status. Unfortunately, upon our arrival (we got in late) there was no rooms available for upgrades (or even a high floor for that matter), so we ended up getting a room on the 3rd floor. However, the hotel did waive 3 nights worth of parking for us. Always something to keep in mind.

We didn't have any complaints about the room. Well kept and well staffed. The blackout curtains were necessary being that there was 22 hours of sunlight. Really strange on the body, but interesting. All in all it was great trip and a great stay. I just wish we didn't have to drive so far to see everything.

Room Tip: Try to get a mountain view.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Brichter24,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review from your stay on trip advisor. We appreciate your mentioning our clean rooms, convenient location and excellent black out curtains. I will be sure to share your comments/experience with our entire team.

We are grateful for your feedback and patronage. We hope you had a great time exploring the area and hope to serve as your hosts again very soon.