“Nice and clean”

Ranked #23 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
Bellevue, Nebraska
“Nice and clean”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

This place has a nice, cozy, and clean room. Not the fanciest, but well equipped, Starbucks in the room for coffee. The bed is firm, but I was too tired for it to really matter. Many families and foreigners here. Restaurants are also located downstairs, pool, spa, and fitness center if you're all for that. I just needed a place to sleep.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear GTXC4,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to post a review from your visit on tripadvisor. So glad to know you found our hotel nice, clean and comfy. Sounds like you were just here for a short visit. I hope you will allow us to be your hosts on your next visit and that you might have more time for us to pamper you.

Take care & have a great summer.

Jon Kranock - GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Korean first
San Diego, California
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I've never been that impressed with Sheraton hotels and this location is no exception as there are reminders of the past everywhere - outdated 70s doors, ancient elevators, partially burned out sign, and other reminders that renovations could have gone farther. However, I enjoyed my stay at the Sheraton Anchorage and would recommend it. The staff couldn't be friendlier and well trained - everyone was extraordinary polite and welcoming. The lobby was nicely redone with a fireplace and a cool business center and restaurants/lounges. The beds were super comfy and the views of the mountains are excellent.

We had a room on the Club Level and it was worth the extra money as you had 24hr access to snacks and non-alcoholic drinks. The breakfast in the morning was decent and there were evening snacks that were your basic cheese and cracker/vegetables & dip variety. Some chips, granola bars, and raisins were available throughout the rest of the day/night. Club level rooms also have free internet and bottles of water in the room. There were also a number of goodies in the bathroom that the other floors likely do not get - shower gel, shave cream, a body sponge, and mouthwash. Nice touch!

As with most Shearton's, the hotel hasn't been modernized as much as it should have been but it isn't a dump by any means. As with many hotels, there are no conveniently accessible plugs near the bed so you will have to unplug the lamp(s) if you want to charge your phone on the nightstand while you sleep. The bed was extremely comfortable and the shower had one of the best showerheads I have ever experienced - the pressure was amazing!

The gym has great views and a lot of cardio machines but not much else other than some free weights. There's no pool so don't bother bringing a bathing suit.

Everything we wanted (museum, mall, clubs) were all within walking distance of the hotel so it is in a very convenient location. Anchorage doesn't have too many stellar choices but this is one of the better ones I would imagine. Would stay here again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Everyshadeofblue,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with and for providing feedback from your visit. So glad to learn that you found the beds comfy, enjoyed the benefits of our club level/lounge, and appreciated our convenient location. I agree...a great shower is the best way to start the day. Thanks for commenting on our amazing shower heads too.

We look forward to serving as your hosts on your next trip to Anchorage!

Jon Kranock - GM
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I have stayed at the Sheraton Anchorage on several occasions. This time I arrived late at night but no worries on check in my room was waiting and I had even been upgraded to a Club Level room. Lifetime Gold with SPG does seem to have its perks once in a while. Thanks you Anchorage Sheraton ill be back!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Griffids,

Thank you for making us your home away from home when in Anchorage, and for posting a review from your most recent stay on tripadvisor. We are grateful for your continued patronage and loyalty.

We appreciate the comments, compliments and excellent rating.

I hope we might meet in person the next time you are at "home" with us.

Jon
Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 May 2014

The hotel is close to downtown, great if you don't have a car. The decor is nice and inviting and the staff was always very friendly. I like the new green policy for room cleaning, if you don't wan't your room to be cleaned you just put a sign on your door. I really like this as I think cleaning the room every day is completely unnecessary! For every day you decline cleaning they give you a restaurant boucher, that is good since it is quite expensive.
The room was nice, with great views of the mountains. The gym was also nice with treadmills and elliptical machines, and some weights... and you get to exercise overlooking the city.
The main complain is the restaurant. Breakfast was fast but lunch and dinner were extremely slow, for lunch it took them 40 mins to bring a salad, and I ended up taking it to-go since I had to go back to work.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Batitravel,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to post a review from your stay to tripadvisor. It was great to learn that you had a good visit with us. We appreciate your comments on our convenient location, attractive décor, very friendly staff and amazing views. Thanks too for commenting on our Green Choice program - I agree that it is very worthwhile.

I will also personally pass your comments about the speed of service at lunch and dinner on to our food/beverage management and service team. Our goal is to get better whenever we have the chance.

We look forward to serving as your hosts again soon.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 19 May 2014

As this was my first trip to Anchorage and indeed Alaska, I didn't know what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised! All the reception staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. Nothing was too much of an effort. Loved the complementary fruit-infused water, which was different everyday, available in the lobby. The room was very well appointed with a very comfortable bed and the bathroom was good. Room service was fast and tasty. The buffet breakfast had plenty of different food to choose from and I loved the fact that you could have eggs or waffles made to order. Be aware that the hotel is a couple of blocks from the centre if town but the walk is an easy one.My stay at the Sheraton made my experience of Anchorage an extremely enjoyable one. I will definitely be staying again on my next trip to Anchorage!

Room Tip: My friend was in room 728 and had a great view of the mountains. Try to get that side of the hotel...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Mkgs,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review from your visit. I am so glad you were pleased with your stay. Thanks for commenting on our exceptionally friendly/helpful team members, tasty breakfast buffet, comfortable beds and convenient location. All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing exceptional guest service in a clean/well maintained facility.

Sorry you did not get a mountain view room on your first trip. I hope you won’t forget to request one for your next visit.

We look forward to serving as your hosts again very soon.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I love Alaska, and I love this Sheraton. Although I booked the rate that is ineligible for any elite benefits, the front desk took my elite status into consideration and upgraded room to suite, complimentary lounge access and breakfast in the lounge and the restaraunt.
Conveniently located downtown, less than 15 minutes drive from the airport, its a perfect location. Parking is a very reasonable $10 a night. It is always a pleasure to be back at Sheraton Anchorage.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Diogenes L,

Thank you for your loyalty and for taking the time to post a review on tripadvisor. It is great to learn that you "love" staying in our hotel. So glad the team recognized your elite status and was able to upgrade to a suite and club access.

Feedback from our guests is vitally important to us. Compliments from a seasoned traveler such as you really mean a lot.

We are grateful for your patronage and look forward to your next visit.

Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed 15 May 2014

This was my first trip to Anchorage so I chose a brand I could trust. As usual, Sheraton did not disappoint. After a long haul from Mobile, AL, I got a 2-night rest I really needed, in spite of a few negative reviews -- maybe I was just lucky! Kassie at the front desk was first-rate, pleasant and professional. And she had great advice about weekend parking downtown (meters are free!). Yes, the rooms are on the smaller side and the bathrooms have that annoying trait of the "trendy" curved shower rod that the bathroom door always rams into, but I can live with that. The view was great, my room was quiet, and the drapes block out the midnight sun to whatever degree you want them too. If you have access the the executive lounge, one of the staff there is a gentleman named Salih. Look for him! He is a delight, and will go out of his way to please. That kind of service is all too rare today; he should get a raise! And this Sheraton (like every one I've seen) also RECYCLES, a nice touch for the environment. I plan to stay here again on my next trip to beautiful Alaska!

Dear Skypirate222,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review on tripadvisor. I am so glad you had a nice visit with us. We appreciate your trust and loyalty to the Sheraton brand, and grateful for your feedback on our hotel and your experience. I personally want to thank you for recognizing Kassie and Salih. Both are fantastic team members and it is wonderful when guests recognize team members by name. I will be sure to pass your compliments on to them.

We look forward to serving as your hosts again very soon.