“Gorgeous views”

Sheraton Anchorage Hotel
Ranked #17 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Oh, we could have stayed here our whole trip; it was sooo awesome! We got upgraded to a suite -room 1015 - with an awesome couch area and windows where you could see both the mountains and the water. Staff was incredibly nice and accommodating. Would love to come back!

Stayed: August 2014
Todd C, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

We would love for you to come back also! Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. I agree that our views are some of the best in the world. I have shared your great comments with my team. I am glad that we had the opportunity to upgrade you so that you could take advantage of beautiful Alaska.

Todd Capizzo

Write a ReviewReviews (1,185)

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Great location, terrific rooms and one of the best hotels in Anchorage. All the comforts are available in the room, from a fridge, coffee machine, microwave. Large comfortable beds and heavy curtains to block out the lights, as the is daylight until very late in Anchorage in the summer.Satelilite tv so that u can watch all your favourite stations.The only thing that bothered me was the noise of the machines outside my window - I though that it was the traffic from the streets until I looked out the window as saw the huge machines - must be from the air conditioning units of the whole building!

Room Tip: Be careful not to get the lower floors with a view of the street.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay. We hope to see you again soon. I am especially pleased that you are happy with the room amenities such as the refrigerator, coffee machines and microwaves that we provide. We also agree that our blacks out curtains are very appreciated here in the Land of the Midnight Sun. Thank you for choosing us and I hope we can see you again.

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Work as a pilot in Denali National Park every summer. Booked a 2 night stay at the Sheraton in Anchorage to celebrate a birthday. Overall, an excellent experience. The desk staff was friendly and helpful...he even upgraded our room to a nice suite. All the cool places in downtown are within walking distance. Would definitely visit again.

• Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for you kind comments. We hope that you can visit us again sometime soon. We have posted your comments where the team can enjoy them also .We are so happy that you were able to enjoy downtown Anchorage, Happy Flying!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We really liked this hotel. It's in a perfect location and you can easily walk into the main part of town. The beds are really comfy, the rooms are quiet and the staff is friendly. The only suggestion would be for the hotel to do a better job with the black-out curtains. In the summer it's light until late at night and sunlight comes through the sides and middle of the curtains so the room is pretty lite up (believe me...we messed with them but didn't get it to work). Overall though, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your experience. We Alaskans cherish the sunlight when we have it but I understand it can become bothersome when you are trying to sleep. We do have special black out curtains, but if they are not effective enough, then that is something that we need to address right away. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon.

General Manger

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

I am a Starwood devotee but also have Marriott loyalty, so when choosing between the two hotels for a two night stay in Anchorage, it would have been nice to know that the Sheraton is about a mile away from all of the restaurants in town.
My wife and I got our exercise on this trip.

The hotel is fine however the rooms are somewhat small (single vanity in bath and barely enough room to walk past bed) and the tv kept resetting back to the SPG channel which was annoying.

In summer in Alaska with 22 hours of daylight, better blackout blinds would have been nice as we had a constant glow of light from the sides.

The lounge was packed full of families during our stay, so most of the snacks were gone whenever we stopped by. I always find it strange how people use the lounge as a replacement for meals. The coffee is pretty bad, but I think the locals go for weak coffee anyway (even Snow City's coffee was pretty weak).

Generally I cannot recommend this place to stay. If you are choosing between the Marriott or Sheraton like I was, definitely go for the Marriott which is about a block from the city center. And I've come to realize that full service Marriott's are more equivalent to the quality of the Westin line, where the Sheraton brand is a step down.

Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with us. I hope that I can address some of your issues.
While we are on the “other side” of the downtown area, we are less than one block from at least 5 different bars & restaurants and within 2 to 3 blocks of many many more. We are actually the closest hotel to the Anchorage Museum of History & Art and to the largest mall in the downtown area. We are always glad to give directions and recommendations
While we do provide black out curtains if they are not working up to your expectations, that is something that I want to address with my housekeeping staff.
We so much appreciate you giving us the opportunity to take your comments and use them to make the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel & Spa a better place for you to stay.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We stayed here for one night.

Location: Excellent. Nearly everything was close by.

Parking: $10/day in open lots

Building: Nice spacious lobby with two very different entrances. Has a large restaurant on one side. Elevators to the Club floor required a five-digit code.

Rooms: Normal rooms - badly need upgrading. Need more outlets, especially near the headboard. Bathroom can also use an upgrade.

Staff: Nice & professional.

Billing: Even though we have SPG Platinum, they charged us for internet, requiring us to call to get it removed. Tacky!

Room Tip: The higher you go, the better the view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments on your time with us. We are so glad that you were pleased with our location, building and above all our staff.
You will be happy to know that thanks to comments like yours we are in the process of making many upgrades to our guest rooms.
I am sorry that you had an issue with your billing. I hope that it was quickly and easily resolved. If it is not resolved or there is anything at all that I can do for you, please feel free to contact me at any time.

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay at the Sheraton. Staff was very friendly/helpful. Concierge helped us plan an awesome train/whale watching excursion.

Meals at the restaurant were good. Price was what I would expect for location/hotel.

The only thing that was a negative for us was location. We had to take a cab to get anywhere.

Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for your great comments about our hotel and our staff. I have made sure to share it with them. I am so excited that the staff was able to make such a great adventure as Whale Watching happen for you.
I am sorry that you felt a little isolated, but we are less than one block from several bars & restaurants and only 2 or 3 from many more. We are also the closest hotel in town to the Anchorage Museum of History & Art and to the 5th Avenue Mall.

General Manger