“Room availability”

Ranked #22 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
Dallas, Texas
“Room availability”
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Arrived late from a long day of flying, to find out that due to a contract to Pilots, our king room suite had been given to a pilot with flight cancellations- even though we were a corporate client, paid, and confirmed 24 hours earlier for late arrival. We were told we would have to wait! The staff were friendly and apologetic, offered a meager breakfast voucher and a few $$ of one night. Got to our room finally to find two double beds and a very small room. Called the desk and we were told that was all they could do. As a Travel Professional - when my clients call to report these kinds of mishaps, I make a note to avoid using that property again. The Hotel Management should have arranged to move us to a suitable room in the morning or comped the whole night! As I said, the night Customer relations manager did what he could, but the entire management should have made other arrangements for the pilots.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Travelguru075
Todd C, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
I am so sorry that you had some difficulties on your stay with us. Thanks for taking the time to let us know about them. I know that a flight to Anchorage can be very long and that you just want to get to your room and relax.

We do our very up-most to accommodate all of our guest requests, such as room type, floor selection, proximity to other rooms etc. But I am sure that you understand that we cannot assure each and every request.

I am happy to now that in bad situations our staff is “Friendly and apologetic” and that they are doing all they can. Please let me know what I can do to make this right for you. Please contact me by calling the hotel directly. I look Forward to hearing from you.

Again we appreciate you taking the time to let us know your experience.

General Manger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Korean first
Seattle
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We stayed here for only one night but the staff was great. Hotel was clean, beds were comfy and most importantly the black out curtains worked great. It was strange being somewhere where it was light until after 11. We are SPG Platinum so we were upgraded and got to be on club level and access the club. Which we have come to expect drinks and appetizers in the evening and light continental breakfast in the morning. Which it had appetizers in the evening but no alcoholic drinks. Which isn't a big deal because like I said it is a perk and something extra but a bit strange when you are used to it at other SPG hotels. We enjoyed the continental breakfast downstairs in the hotel and it was delicious! (the oatmeal, not so much) We had a great time and enjoyed all the staff. We hopefully will get a chance to visit Alaska again. My only tip is do not pay for club level as it is not worth the upgrade in my opinion.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank PrincessBeach
Todd C, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments with us. We agree that our black-our curtains are most welcome this time of year. It is true that we do not serve alcohol in the Club Lounge,however we do offer snacks and soft drinks 24 hours a day, a continental breakfast and appetizers in the evening. We hope to see you again in the future.

Lyndonville, Vermont
Reviewed 8 August 2014

The front desk staff at this hotel were the best. Very friendly and visited with us quite a bit and they were also extremely helpful when our shuttle to the airport fell through. They went above and beyond to find out why and to replace our travel with another option. The restaurant was nice with a beautiful breakfast buffet. The room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. We had everything we needed. I had to get some directions and they had a wifi center in the lobby, a sitting area in the lobby with a nice fireplace as well. Enjoyed some time in their bar & grill as well. Wished they had a pool and hot tub but you can't always have everything! The only down side we had is it is located on the outside of town near the train depot and when we had to walk everywhere I wished it was more centrally located downtown.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mary M
Dear Mary,
Thank you for your kind comments about our staff. We are delighted to hear that they fulfilled your expectations. I have shared this with my staff. Granted we do not have a pool, but I hope that you were able to get up to use our gym on the 15th floor with unparalleled views of the Chugiak Mountains. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Middleburg Heights, Ohio
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Most of the chain hotels in downtown anchorage are clustered
Within a couple miles of each other. The Sheraton is a nice hotel with a bar, restaurant, simple gym and friendly staff. Got Starwood members there is a club level, it's simple but acceptable. Rooms were clean service was great.

Stayed August 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your good comments with us especially about our service and the cleanliness of our rooms. Those thing are our top priority. I hope that you get a chance to visit us again soon.

General Manger
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Not a bad location, just up 5th Street and within walking distance of downtown attractions like the mall, restaurants, etc. We redeemed 10,000 SPG points for a weekday stay in July. Not the newest or cleanest Sheraton we ever stayed at, but decent. We were told it is one of the more upscale places in Anchorage, and were happy overall. Rooms in the summer are over $300 per night which is a lot, but going rate I guess that time of year. Room was dated a bit, but clean and bed was comfortable and such. Would stay again if ever in Anchorage.

Room Tip: Higher floor room = better view of the waterfront a couple miles off in the distance.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on your stay with us. We particularly like to hear the thoughts and opinions of our SPG members.
Because of comments like yours, we are planning some updating and renovating very soon.
We hope that we will see you again sometime soon.

Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Oh, we could have stayed here our whole trip; it was sooo awesome! We got upgraded to a suite -room 1015 - with an awesome couch area and windows where you could see both the mountains and the water. Staff was incredibly nice and accommodating. Would love to come back!

Stayed August 2014
We would love for you to come back also! Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. I agree that our views are some of the best in the world. I have shared your great comments with my team. I am glad that we had the opportunity to upgrade you so that you could take advantage of beautiful Alaska.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Great location, terrific rooms and one of the best hotels in Anchorage. All the comforts are available in the room, from a fridge, coffee machine, microwave. Large comfortable beds and heavy curtains to block out the lights, as the is daylight until very late in Anchorage in the summer.Satelilite tv so that u can watch all your favourite stations.The only thing that bothered me was the noise of the machines outside my window - I though that it was the traffic from the streets until I looked out the window as saw the huge machines - must be from the air conditioning units of the whole building!

Room Tip: Be careful not to get the lower floors with a view of the street.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay. We hope to see you again soon. I am especially pleased that you are happy with the room amenities such as the refrigerator, coffee machines and microwaves that we provide. We also agree that our blacks out curtains are very appreciated here in the Land of the Midnight Sun. Thank you for choosing us and I hope we can see you again.