1,279 results
All reviews club floor jade restaurant few blocks high floor junior suite mountain view front desk staff downtown area beds were very comfortable the room was nice fitness center blackout curtains stayed one night reindeer sausage cemetery lobby computers
Reviewed 12 November 2017

The hotel is OK. A little worn around the edges. Rooms were small. Woke up Saturday morning NOV 11 to find no running water in the room. Can’t bathe; can’t go potty. Not much sympathy from the front desk. Just, “We’re working on it.” Thought a comp breakfast would have been a nice gesture. Nope. Very expensive food. Slow service. Waited 25 minutes for an omelette from 0625 to 0650 on Saturday. Sunday breakfast buffet was $17.00 for a scoop of scrambled eggs, a few slices of reindeer sausage, an English muffin and a beverage. Purchased a bottle of Sprite: $4.00. Since I was conducting a 2-day seminar in one of the pricey meeting rooms, I asked for a check-out extension of one hour from noon to 1 PM on Sunday so I could stetch out over the lunch hour and recharge. They declined! This after spending over a grand for meeting space. BTW: no lunch served over the weekend. My 30 attendees needed to fend for themselves off property in freezing temperatures. Hotel also required full payment for 3 nights in advance for a decent rate. Have never done that. The ballroom meeting space was divided. The Alaska Broadcasters Assn. was on the other side of the wall and we were “treated” to portions of their robust meeting through the sliding wall which had a gap on one side that could not be closed. No airport van service. $25 cab fare one way. Suggesting to meeting planner to explore other options for next year.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
John W, Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Thank you for sharing your stay experience with us. I do apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay with us. The hotel is going through a remodel at this time, and at times can create minor inconveniences. I hope that you have a great season.

Reviewed 29 October 2017

I stayed at the Sheraton in Anchorage a couple of times this summer while traveling on business. What a great hotel! I love getting a real breakfast every morning, and the morning restaurant staff is the best. They were so accommodating and pleasant every morning I was there. Same with the evening staff in the bar/restaurant. Nice clean rooms, a great location with plenty of restaurants, bars, shopping and galleries within walking distance. I hope to return to Alaska one day, and I'll definitely be staying here when in Anchorage.

Room Tip: lots of excited vacationers up at the crack of dawn - I prefer a room away from the elevator to cut down on noise.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
John W, Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Thank you very much for all of your kindness. It is truly pleasing to hear when we have made a Memorable Great Guest Experience. I hope that you will come back to see us in the near future. Have a great season.
Sincerely: The Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa Team.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Room was spotless, beautiful foyer with fireplace and comfy chairs, food in bar was top notch. Great views from the lounge and the breakfast offered was very extensive. Parking was easy to access and close to front door -which is great when it's a wet day in Anchorage!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2017

We stayed here on the front and back ends of a trip to several National Parks in Alaska. The Sheraton is a little far from most of the restaurants and attractions in town but it is clean and comfortable. There is parking available and there are always taxis right out the front door. Not the cheapest place to stay - where in Anchorage is cheap? - but it lives up to the Sheraton name and standards.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
John W, Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Thank you for taking time to share you stay with us. We truly value your feedback as it help us to continue to elevate and anticipte our guest needs. Thank you and have a great summer

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

This hotel looks a bit tired for a Sheraton but still has a good bed to sleep on at night. I was there for three nights for a conference so I was mostly sleeping at the hotel. I did have a slight snafu with my rate there (they tried to charge me 200% more than what I booked) but this was quickly taken care of at the front desk and they even gave me a small care gift.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Amber R, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your stay with us. We welcome the opportunity to hear your thoughts on our service. Thank you for letting us know where we can continue to grow. Thank you and have a great Season.