Sheraton Anchorage Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Historic Anchorage Hotel(Anchorage)
  • Breakfast included
1,194 results
All reviewsclub floorfew blockshigh floorjunior suitefront desk staffbeds were very comfortablefree internetfitness centerdowntown areastayed one nightreindeer sausagecemeterylobbycruisejademountainscomputers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 July 2010

My aunt, my uncle (her brother) and my cousin stayed at this hotel for 1 night on the tail end of our Alaska trip. My aunt called and made sure that we would have 2 doubles and a roll away. We aren't that kind of family that sleep together. They said ti would be no problem. when we got there, this rude girl working the desk wouldn't allow us to get the roll away, after they YESSED us to death saying we would be able to have it.

My aunt who is an experienced traveller (there on business) spoke to the manager. I can't remember his name, but he was a very nice, friendly and what I think is hispanic man. He apologized for the mix up and bumped us to a junior suite with a King, pull out and a roll away with access to the Club Lounge level with breakfast at no extra cost.

This man truly made the trip better and made my family happy.

Only complaints, no pool, no free trolley rides to and from places, and not the most idea placement in Anchorage. Walking distance to all the fun stuff, but if it's cold it would be a bad walk.

Reviewed 27 July 2010

When i booked this hotel with Sheraton on the phone the fellow promised me they were the "Heavenly beds" that Sheraton is so famous for. Well they are not. They are something called Remington bed. The folks who own it.
I was given a 50% discount voucher good for up to 5 nights. I was staying 8 nights there. When the time came to use it the said no they would not honor that. I asked to speak to the manager. The manager was so lame he would not even come out and speak to me face to face. He would only speak to me on the phone.
The fitness room smelled very bad!
There is no pool. Most of their business is cruise ships and the like so they really don't care about the individual traveler.
The location is fair. It is on the east side of town which is not the desirable area.
They charge 12.00 a day for parking too.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank funpersonfremont
Reviewed 26 July 2010

I stayed at this hotel on July 17 and 24, 2010 (at the front and tail ends of a great fishing trip). I am an SPG gold member and have stayed at a number of Sheratons and Westins. I'd say this hotel is one of the best Sheraton's I've stayed in. Probably the best aspect of my stay was the great service from the Amanda and Sabrina at the front desk. They gave my dad and I a great room for the first night (17th). After an exhausting week of fishing in Soldotna, I was greeted with "Welcome back!" by Amanda and Sabrina. Not only did they remember me, they also gave me the exact same room (which I had requested).

The room was comfortable and the bathroom was slightly small, but nice. The free internet downstairs is great, as usual. I did have breakfast at the restaurant which was fine. If you want a cheaper option for breakfast, there's a nice place right next door to the hotel. I have had free breakfasts at other Sherataon hotels, but that didn't happen on this trip. There is also a $10 daily parking fee which is unfortunate. I briefly checked out the gym which has a great view. I was pleasantly surprised with how nice the spa facilities were on the 16th floor. First time I've seen such a nice spa in a Sheraton!

Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel. Again, the front desk really started each stay off great (kudos to Amanda and Sabrina). Also, the bell boys on Sat night (24th) and Sun morning were fantastic in helping me store and freeze my fish before my flight the next day. Thank you Sheraton Anchorage for contributing to a great Alaska fishing trip!

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed 15 July 2010

We had a total of 7 rooms reserved and the emails to back it up. Unfortunately they did not have the connecting rooms reserved and merely shrugged shoulders when shown the email. From then on everything was so-so.
The rooms are decent sized but musty smelling.
No shuttle from the airport, the shuttle in town went every 30 minutes. When we asked the driver if he could take one person who was having difficulties about 5 minutes away we were told we had to wait till the hour.
Felt that I knew more about what was going on downtown then the front desk staff.
The breakfast buffet was nice, but it took the front desk an amazing amount of time to figure out how to give us vouchers for the included breakfast in our reservation.
As small as downtown is there are other hotels which are more central, priced lower, and hopefully with a staff which is slightly more interested.

Reviewed 14 July 2010

I stay at quite a few Starwood Hotels and the Sheraton Anchorage is by far the worst one I've stayed at in my over 7 years of staying at Starwood Hotels.

In June, 2010 I booked a Club Room. With this reservation, I was supposed to get a room on the club floor with club access. Upon arriving at the hotel, I was told that they were all sold out of the Club Rooms, but they could give me a room on a lower floor with a special key to get onto the club floor (I guess so I could go up there to walk around and know what I was missing).. I'm sorry, but it's the little things that are nice. It's nice to not have to ride an elevator to go get breakfast. After all, I was paying more for the room. But that's just a small thing. They gave me a room on a lower floor with club floor access, but still charged me for the club room.

Next, asked for a late check out. I am a SPG Gold member, and as part of that level, I am entitled to a 4:00pm late check out, upon request. I was told that the 4:00pm late check out was for Platinum or above (what level is above Platinum?) Upon confronting the guest services rep about this mistake, she researched it and told me that she was new, and she had made a mistake.

Then, a few hours later, I wanted a soda so I went down to get some change from the front desk. I asked where the vending machines were. The front desk rep told me they don't have vending machines. I found that odd because I'd just seen one on my floor. The guy told me to walk over to a Pantry Grocery down the street to get something to drink.

So I have a big issue with this property. Clearly their staff doesn't know what they are talking about. They gave away a room I had a reservation for - one that I had already prepaid for. They didn't give me the late check out that i was entitled to as a SPG Gold (You get SPG Gold after 10 stays or 25 nights in a year). And, they didn't even know they had vending machines on each of the floors.

I logged a complaint with SPG Corporate. I'll see how they resolve this. I have high hopes that somebody will step up to the plate and contact me to resolve this matter. I am extremely disappointed with the way I was treated. It's one thing for a hotel to be sold out of rooms when you show up (without a reservation). But it's something entirely different when you make a reservation, prepay, and then show up at the property only to find out they gave your room away - and they don't even try to make amends.

So, in conclusion, the Sheraton Anchorage "ripped me off". They charged me for a room that they did not provide.

I will keep this posting updated on how this property handled my concerns.

1  Thank ttexryan