“Awardness of a teenager; one of the worst Sheraton experiences I have had...”

Sheraton Anchorage Hotel
Ranked #19 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed 19 August 2010

VERY disorganized. I kept a daily log of all of the problems with the hotel, and will spare you all the details. I will share:
- VERY poor customer service
- Even Club level floor was less than what I have experienced in other places
- Waited 10 minutes in the restaurant before someone came over to me after being seated
- Shuttle driver was so rude --- I chose to not use their shuttle the entire time I was there
- Each one of my colleagues (and the client!) experienced service challenges with the hotel

- I WOULD NOT return to this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 August 2010

I typically travel with work and stay in 4 Star hotels. I was a bit leery of this hotel because of some of the reviews , but we were pleasantly surprised. It was a nice hotel with updated rooms and a modern, welcoming environment. I'm surprised they don't tout their staircase and artwork.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2010

I must say I was a bit concerned after reading previous reviews regarding our three night stay at the Sheraton Anchorage. However, choices seemed limited and I definitely wanted the spa experience since it was my 50th birthday! I can tell you that the experience was great. When we checked in, Marcus at the front desk was wonderful and gave us a very nice room. The spa experience was outstanding (and I have been to several spas) so...please know these folks are very experienced and extremely courteous. In fact, the staff were all friendly at the hotel. Yes, it's true...the walls are thin, and we did hear a little noise but we slept just fine. A courtesy shuttle would be nice around town however, everything is pretty much in walking distance.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2010

We stayed at the Sheraton for a few days the first week of August. They upgraded us to a suite which was very nice. Comfy bed and clean, comfy room. The only negative I would have is that the bathroom was really small. If we had been travelling with kids that would have been challenging. This hotel is a few blocks from the main downtown Anchorage area. We walked it a lot though so it's not that bad. There is a railroad track near the main downtown area so I ended up being glad we were a few blocks away. It's a Sheraton so you kind of know what to expect. We loved it.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2010

The Sheraton is one of the few high buildings in Anchorage, and you can see it from almost anywhere in the city.
The rooms at the Sheraton are fine. The gym is okay, with treadmills, bikes and elipticts, and also free weights

The front desk people were very respectful and helpful.

You have to go to eat where the "locals" go, which is "Humpy's". Bob had the salmon sandwidh, wnich was amazing. I ordered the 1/2 ceasar salad with chicken, $6.95, and it was huge!.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2010

Terrible service- excuses not answers to problems
Plastic feel sheets- would work well as a shower curtain
Uncontrollable temperature in rooms, lucky the window opens
Terrible location- city soup kitchen's across the road if you want a free feed!!!
"High Speed Internet" is slower than Dial-up, pay them $10 or throw it out the window, your choice, same result.
Breakfast hasn't changed in over a year, actually I think I saw a biscuit there i put back last year!
Mice in the rooms, seriously.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank spoonman73
Reviewed 28 July 2010

My aunt, my uncle (her brother) and my cousin stayed at this hotel for 1 night on the tail end of our Alaska trip. My aunt called and made sure that we would have 2 doubles and a roll away. We aren't that kind of family that sleep together. They said ti would be no problem. when we got there, this rude girl working the desk wouldn't allow us to get the roll away, after they YESSED us to death saying we would be able to have it.

My aunt who is an experienced traveller (there on business) spoke to the manager. I can't remember his name, but he was a very nice, friendly and what I think is hispanic man. He apologized for the mix up and bumped us to a junior suite with a King, pull out and a roll away with access to the Club Lounge level with breakfast at no extra cost.

This man truly made the trip better and made my family happy.

Only complaints, no pool, no free trolley rides to and from places, and not the most idea placement in Anchorage. Walking distance to all the fun stuff, but if it's cold it would be a bad walk.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family