“The hotel presents itself as clean...”

Sheraton Anchorage Hotel
Ranked #20 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed 22 September 2010

The hotel presents itself as clean, modern hotel, which on the first site has no flaws. The big downside is in the room: air flow over the entry can't be switched off and is NOISY disturbing your sleep. The reason why it is there in the 1st place wasn't explained to us, especially when windows can be opened. Our complaint was handled as followed: yes, the air flow makes noise, yes it cannot be turned off. We checked out in the morning shortening our stay.

• Stayed: September 2010

994 - 1,000 of 1,174 reviews

Reviewed 17 September 2010

In town for a conference and this was a fine choice. Meeting space was fine and the hotel staff was friendly and helpful once I got here. (phone service not quite as good)

I will say that while it is obvious this was renovated, it looks to me like the Hilton a short walk away was also. You are just blocks from the mall and lots of restaurant options and the staff gave great tips on good local spots.

The room is clean and the not as loud as many other hotels I've stayed in. For the length of my stay (5 days) this is a fine choice.

Pro Tip - don't eat here. Food is good but overpriced, and the Moose's Tooth Pizza is worth a cab ride or decent walk to get to. Simon & Seafort's Sallon & Grill is a local favorite as well.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 September 2010

I stayed here two nights (well actually 1 1/2, since I arrived around midnight) before taking a cruise through Alaska.

The interior design of the hotel was modern and gave a brand new feel to the place. The rooms were spacious and well decorated. They were clean all the time. Also, the blinds worked perfectly well for the amount of "daylight" during night time.

As for the location, it's a little "off-centered", but still in walking distance to the "center" of the city. I was more disappointed with the city itself that has not much to do (if m flight would not of arrived at midnight, I would of stayed one night to go directly to the cruise).

As for the service, it was ok. I asked for a pair of scissors when we arrived so we could open one of our luggages that had a plastic loop placed for security purposes at the airport, and at the front desk they insisted to return them ASAP. We did not mind returning them, but due to the time of arrival (and thinking they should have at least one more pair) it would of been "nice" to return them in the morning.

Other than that, it is a nice hotel and if you must stay in Anchorage, I would recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
MichaelJesperson, Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2010

Dear GSdM,
Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa and for saying you would recommend us to your friends.

The five’s you gave us on Cleanliness and Rooms are very much appreciated. I APPOLAGIZE that our Guest service agent when you checked in “insisted” you return the borrowed scissors asap. While it was nice to get them back, we should have asked that you return the scissors when you had a chance.

I agree with you that “…the city itself that has not much to do.” Many of the attractions for Alaska Travelers are outside of Anchorage Proper, yet many such as the Mat Sue Glacier, Portage Glacier and Portage Lake, along with several wildlife viewing excursions are within rage for a day trip. Additionally we have a Spa on site at the hotel that offers great views of Cook Inlet and mountains.

Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa! Should you visit Anchorage again please let me know when you are coming so that I may get you more detailed information on things to do while here.

Respectfully,
Michael Jesperson
Michael.Jesperson@sheratonanchorage.com
Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa

Reviewed 4 September 2010

Our family attended our daughter's wedding in Anchorage, Ak. and we stayed at the Sheraton for 5 nights. We also held the reception there.
We had planned the wedding for over one year and the staff at the Sheraton made everything perfect. Thank you Robin and Terra.
The rooms were comfortable and the food delicious. The staff made sure everything was taken care of so the bride and groom could just relax.
Thank you Sheraton for a wonderful dream come true!!!

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed 2 September 2010

I only spent one night at the hotel but it was an enjoyable stay. The room was fresh and more importantly clean. While, I hope that I never have to return to Alaska I did enjoy my stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 August 2010

A very average Sheraton. The lobby smells like smoke. You could tell that this was an older hotel that was redone. Everything about it is pretty average. The room was ok but nothing special. It isn't in the best part of Anchorage but then again Anchorage doesn't offer much, just a stopping off place after a flight on your way to Alaska adventures.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Edward T
Reviewed 20 August 2010

This is a nice place, it looks great and on our arrival the staff is friendly and helpful. The problem started when I asked about a shuttle to downtown on the phone with the operator, I was told there isn't one from the hotel but i could pay for one. When I asked the bellman he said there was and told me how to catch it, this was after we walked 28 blocks sight seeing.

Second problem is the noise, I know it isn't really the hotels fault but they put two room full of screaming kids across and next to us. they were up at 3am and would not shut up. The hotel was indifferent when I mentioned it to them at the desk the next morning. The family will be here a few more days.

This is a nice place, overpriced as most of them are but still ok. For that I won't say don't use them, just make sure to ask for rooms with no kids next door.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple