I had an afternoon meeting in Anchorage and stayed at the Rodeway Inn (previously known as "The Voyager Hotel". This is/was a small boutique hotel in the middle of the downtown, just minutes away (walking distance) from the convention center, and all of the eccentric downtown locations that Anchrage is known for. I've stayed here before it changed its name to the Rodeway inn and was very pleased to see that all of the nice features of this small hotel have remained intact. The rooms are very quiet from street noise and neighbor noise. The 15'x40' rooms are well laid out and have a comfortable king bed, large flatscreen TV, nice bathroom fixtures, small fridge, sink, microwave, iron and ironing board, hair dryer and coffee maker. Everything was CLEAN!! What a joy to find. No dust, no hairs, no stains, no smells. Room 109 was in immaculate order. The rooms have free wireless internet and a good working desk with outlets and good lighting. The room temperature was comfortable and everything mechanical (fridge only) was very quiet. The staff is friendly. The hotel also offers free shuttle service from the airport, something the old hotel did not offer. Overnight parking is free, but 24-hour parking costs $10. The only negative I would have to report is the "free breakfast" consists of convenience store quality sweet rolls and bagels with small tubs of packaged jams, coffee and juice and the "breakfast room" is barely large enough for 4 people to sit/stand. Step across the street to the Captain Cook hotel and buy a good breakfast. However, dispite this disappointment, i would certainly come back here and recommend it to my friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spacious rooms and suites await your stay at The Voyager Inn. Located in the heart of Downtown Anchorage, The Voyager Inn is just steps away from the city’s best shops, parks, restaurants and cultural attractions. Guests will enjoy complimentary onsite parking, free Wi-Fi and access to the Athletic Clubs at the neighboring Hotel Captain Cook. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com, Preferred Hotels, Priceline, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Voyager Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rodeway Inn Anchorage Hotel Anchorage
- Voyager Hotel Anchorage
- The Voyager Inn Anchorage, Alaska