“Good value but some issues with service”
Review of The Voyager Inn

The Voyager Inn
Ranked #13 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
London
“Good value but some issues with service”
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I stayed here three times with a friend in March 2013. Each time our room was very large and clean. The location of the hotel is also excellent and it was one of the cheapest places we stayed in Alaska. I cannot comment on breakfast as I did not get up early enough to sample it (it finishes at 9am). However, there was no seating for breakfast so I imagine it was just coffee and takeaway items.

Please note that the hotel offers free transfers from and to the airport and the train station. This is not something I was told before we arrived so we paid for a taxi from the airport. Also, on our final day we had booked a transfer to the airport at a certain time. The transfer arrived half an hour early and then left before the agreed time. When I complained to the manager about this he was incredibly rude. We ended up having to pay for a taxi again.

Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank MICA22London

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
cordova, tn
Reviewed 9 May 2013

It's a 30 year-old hotel that has been totally updated. Wonderful room accomodations, huge room with kitchenette, modern bathroom with handicap assist bars, sofa and wide screen TV. Add free WiFi and a complimentary continental breakfast and you have the perfect accomodations. I paid $89 and $80 for a period of nights which is quite reasonable for the location. I had no car, but everything in downtown Anchorage was within easy walking distance. Do not hesitate to stay here!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank geo2mem
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed 12 December 2012

Clean, comfortable, friendly, convenient. This is our third stay at the Voyager. It is walking distance to restaurants, shopping, Anchorage Museum, visitor center, concert hall, coastal trail for walking, biking, cross country skiing and ceremonial start of the Iditarod Sled Dog Race. The hotel offers shuttle service to the airport & train station, overnight parking, light breakfast, kitchenette with dishes and utensils on request. A very satisfying stay each time.
Also, a pass for the pool and fitness center at the Captain Hotel across the street is offered for a slight fee.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank adora01
Anchorage
Reviewed 8 November 2012

In the past I've hesitated to book a room here only because of the Rodeway name; however, I took the plunge since I'm a choice hotels gold member and like the program. I couldn't have asked for anything better. The location is perfect being a short walk to most downtown attractions and restaurants and the price is typically quite attractive. They offer a convenient shuttle from Ted Stevens Airport.

The front desk agent Tabatha was so helpful and friendly. I arrived before the standard check in and she offered to check my suitcase while I went to lunch. When I got back she said it would only be a few more minutes till my room was ready which was well before 3. The lobby of the hotel is clean and attractive, nice sofa and chairs. A small breakfast room offers coffee and other hot beverages 24/7.

Once in my Huge room I immediately noticed it was also very clean and well appointed with a small fridge, microwave and coffee pot. The bed apparently had a memory foam mattress and was quite comfortable with several pillows and nice linens. A large flat screen was attached to the wall with an admirable selection of channels. Floor to ceiling windows looked west towards the inlet, unfortunately the view of the inlet is not exceptional, but not bad.

I slept well and was not disturbed by street noise or fellow guests. My morning shower was a bit confusing as the handle was a bit difficult to figure out, not great pressure but acceptable. Nice towels and standard toiletries, hair dryer and a magnifying mirror which was nice.

Breakfast was sufficient with a small selection of pastries, fruit, bagels and boiled eggs. Instant oatmeal was available along with coffee, tea, hot cider and chocolate. The only problem I saw was there is really not a place to eat unless you take it back to your room.

Overall I rate this experience as exceptional especially when considering the price. Friendly staff, good location, clean and comfortable. What more could you ask for.

Room Tip: 4th floor. I was in room 409 that offered a queen bed and a Hollywood type of sleeper.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank David M
Paris, France
Reviewed 2 November 2012

We stayed one night at the Rodeway Inn Anchorage in May 2012 at the beginning of a 10-day trip in Alaska. The location is convenient with many restaurants within walking distance.
The room was large, with a kitchenette and a sofa. The bathroom was big too. Everything was clean. The bed was comfortable.
Staff at the reception desk was nice and helpful.
The breakfast is OK but very, very simple and you can barely sit down in the tiny breakfast room (do not expect anything fancy).
Good value for the price overall, would stay there again!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Ramabopa
Ireland
Reviewed 17 October 2012

Just back after spending 3 nights in the Rodeway Inn. No problems at all with great comfortable clean bed, very clean bathroom and the breakfast was perfectly adequate. Nice fresh danish pastries, sachets of porridge, coffee, tea and OJ readily available. The hotel price was pretty reasosnable and the location was ideal. We had a great hike along the Nature trail which is just a couple of blocks away which had great views of the snow capped mountains across the bay. There are a few great restaurants all a short walk away, The Glacier Brewhouse, SImon and Seaforts was amazing if pricey, also a great steak in the Club Paris.I have no hesitation recommending this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank larksendlm
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 2 October 2012

I must say,after coming to AK for over 5 years on business, this was my BEST trip yet! I should've started staying here years ago.......the gal at the front desk, (Pamela I believe) was ABSOLUTELY wonderful. Not only was she personable and attentive, but very familiar with the city and guided me where I need to go. Although the breakfast was a little more on the light side, I WILL be staing here again and reccomending this property to my colleagues.

Room Tip: Higher floor facing K street offers nice view of the inlet
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business