It was not an encouraging start when the reception staff denied any knowledge of the fact that we would check in early, having just come off a cruise ship at Whittier early in the morning. However, the reception staff were very helpful and friendly and found us a room.
The hotel, however, is shabby and looks in need of redecoration and new carpets throughout the public areas.
Our room was better. It was big with a double bed and a pull out double couch and a kitchenette.
However, the decor was tired and, like the hotel itaelf, could do with some tlc. The wifi was excellent and bathroom adequate.
The staff could not have been more helpful and the fact that the hotel ran a courtesy bus to the airport 24 / 7 was a big attraction and the main reason why we had stayed there. It was less expensive than the big name, branded hotels nearby and adequate for one short day
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spacious rooms and suites await your stay at The Voyager Inn. Located in the heart of Downtown Anchorage, The Voyager Inn is just steps away from the city’s best shops, parks, restaurants and cultural attractions. Guests will enjoy complimentary onsite parking, free Wi-Fi and access to the Athletic Clubs at the neighboring Hotel Captain Cook. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your The Voyager Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rodeway Inn Anchorage Hotel Anchorage
- Voyager Hotel Anchorage
- The Voyager Inn Anchorage, Alaska