We stayed here 2 separate times during our vacation in July. The rooms are very large, have a full kitchen, and are very clean. They are a bit dated, and the sofa/pullout bed is sort of odd, but the beds are comfortable, and we had a very nice stay both times. Anchorage was quite warm when we were there, and we were happy to have A/C. The staff at the desk was very friendly and helpful. They have a small laundry room (1 stacked washer/dryer) that came in handy for us. We did not notice any of the "smells" that some other reviewers have commented on. The breakfast is truly continental, served in a tiny room, and you really have to take your breakfast back to your room, but it was adequate for us.
When we arrived at the airport, we called and were told where to catch the complimentary shuttle to the hotel. The driver was very friendly and safe, and gave a little commentary/orientation as he drove around downtown dropping people off. Since the hotel is now owned by Captain Cook Hotel, (which is located across the street), they no longer provide a shuttle to the train station, but they did call a taxi for us (arranged the night before), and the taxi was there right on time. It's a short drive to the train station, and cost probably $5-10.
We wound up eating at Fletcher's (in Capt Cook Hotel) twice, and had wonderful food and service. It's a quiet, relaxing atmosphere, and we had no trouble getting in (although we got the last table before the arrival of a tour bus the second night, so lucked out). We tried to eat at the brewery restaurant down the street twice, but the line was out the door.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spacious rooms and suites await your stay at The Voyager Inn. Located in the heart of Downtown Anchorage, The Voyager Inn is just steps away from the city’s best shops, parks, restaurants and cultural attractions. Guests will enjoy complimentary onsite parking, free Wi-Fi and access to the Athletic Clubs at the neighboring Hotel Captain Cook. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Voyager Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rodeway Inn Anchorage Hotel Anchorage
- Voyager Hotel Anchorage
- The Voyager Inn Anchorage, Alaska