“Nice Place, Great Location”

Comfort Inn Ship Creek
Ranked #30 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed 4 March 2008

As Comfort Inns go, this one was nice. Room was clean, quiet and recently remodeled. The breakfast was good, and it was neat to go outside and watch the locals fish in Ship Creek while enjoying coffee. We thought the location was great with ample parking. On Saturday there is a fair/market up on the bluff which is a convenient walk. We did'nt really interact with the staff. Overall, I'd recommend it for the price.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank mshndv

Reviewed 3 December 2007

Nice rooms, pool and continental breakfast. Nice to have cookies and milk for the kids bedtime snack. If problems arise, staff are slow to respond. Don't leave any items in room. Calling Comfort Inn 800# to file report, may not get submitted that day (ours didn't get filed until 6 days later) and they have 7-10 business days to respond after filing. When asked to talk with supervisor, they hung up on me. Make sure you get all your items upon leaving.

Stayed: November 2007
Reviewed 27 November 2007

In my opinion, this hotel has the potential to do so much better and this being my first trip to Alaska, I know now that there are much better hotels for the same price in Anchorage.

My room was dirty and smelly, I stayed there for 3 days and 3 nights and never once got it cleaned even though I requested it everyday, the customer service was terrible except for one person at the front desk, the hotel is walking distance but not really when you have to walk up a pretty big hill to where all the action is, their continental breakfast was sad.

For the same price and until this hotel improves, you can do so much better.

Stayed: November 2007
Reviewed 19 September 2007

I had booked this hotel in combination with the Alaska Railroad train ride from Seward to Anchorage. The AR offered a good price for the hotel that was less than anywhere else at the time. The location is good as Anchorage is quite small and everything is within walking distance. The room was pretty average but I did like the complimentary breakfast that they offered in the morning. Nothing fancy but all the right stuff to get a good start. Next time I go to Alaska I would use this hotel again as a starting point or ending point.

Stayed: September 2007
Reviewed 14 September 2007

This was our base while visiting Alaska. We spent a night in 3 nights in Denali, returned here for a night, then spent a few of nights in Seward and returned here for 2 days before flying home. We found the staff to be exceptionally friendly and accommodating. We were able to check in early each time. Even though it is near the railroad tracks and station, the noise was not a huge problem. We found it a lot less noisy in the rooms facing the street vs. facing Ship Creek. Overall, we thought it was a good location and if we were making another trip to Alaska would certainly consider staying there again. It was a convenient walk out the back door to watch anglers and everyplace we wanted to go. Friendly desk clerk, Internet access at their business center very slow, but adequate to check to check news from back home. Rooms were clean, well equipped, and comfortable. The laundry facilities were nice to have, means less packing. Dryers ran for 48 minutes for $1.50; the washers were also $1.50. I brought my own detergent & dryer sheets, so cannot say how much the front desk sells those items for. Plus they had warm cookies and milk in the evening!

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Love2travelMpls
Reviewed 11 September 2007

This was our base while visiting Alaska. We spent a night in Seward, returned here for a couple of nights, then spent a couple of nights in Denali and returned here before flying home. We found the staff to be exceptionally friendly and accommodating. They provided shuttle service for us several times. Even though it is near the railroad tracks and station, we did not find the noise to be a problem. Overall, we thought it was a good location and if we were making another trip to Alaska would certainly consider staying there again.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 September 2007

I had two confirmed reservations in August. On my first stay the desk clerk turned down my request for a (complimentary) shuttle ride to the train depot alleging the driver was too busy. He told me that I should walk. (The shuttle was parked, idle, in front my room.) An hour later , as I left the hotel, I saw the shuttle driver loading guests into the bus as they were telling him they were on the way to the train depot.
When I returned a few days later, I was informed that my "confirmed" reservation had been cancelled, allegedly because my credit card was "no good". There could not have been a more ludicrous explanation, as I had just paid for my previous stay with a valid credit card. Dare I expect an apologetic demeanor? The attitude of the staff was defiant and belligerent

It appears that the proprietors of this indepently owned and operated estabishment gives preference to certain people while they exclude others. It's not hard for me to guess the basis of their their exclusion.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family