We stayed at this hotel on 2 separate occasions, the first on our arrival day checking in at ~7:30 pm and checking out the next morning at 9. We called the hotel to send the shuttle as soon as we got our luggage and waited about 30 minutes. We arrived to chocolate chip cookies being served fresh from the oven, found the rooms to be very pleasant, well supplied, and clean, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the breakfast in the morning to be more than adequate. We walked around the creek watching the fisherman which was nice. We needed to use the shuttle the next day to take us to Avis which is in town, to pick up our rental car. When we inquired at check in we were told we would have to get on the schedule for the next day so we signed up for 9 am. We took the shuttle, picked up our car then returned to the hotel to check out and pick up our luggage.
Our second day was two days later in the evening on our return to Anchorage for one night before taking the train to Seward. We went to the hotel to check in around 7 pm hoping to drop off our luggage and get the shuttle to pick us up after we dropped off the rental car. We were told the shuttle was totally booked but they would probably do something around 8 pm. After waiting in the lobby for a while with the shuttle not returning, my DH decided he would drop the car off and walk back. It was ~ a 20 minute walk and that was the better direction to walk as it was downhill. We arranged for the shuttle to take us to the train the following morning at 5:30 am and went to our room for the rest of the night.
The setting was a little remote if you don't have a car but we were were happy with this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort Inn Ship Creek, an Anchorage hotel near Alaska RailroadIdeally located on the banks of Ship Creek, the Comfort Inn® Ship Creek is within walking distance of lovely downtown Anchorage. Attractions that are just minutes away include the Alaska Railroad and the Alaska Center for the Performing Arts.The hotel sits along the Tony Knowles Coastal Trail, which offers spectacular views of Cook Inlet. The Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport is only seven miles away. The hotel offers free shuttle service to and from the airport, the Alaska Railroad and select locations within the downtown area. The shuttle runs 24-hours in the summer and limited hours in the winter.The Anchorage Museum at Rasmuson Center, the Alaska Museum of Natural History and the Egan Center civic and convention facility are also close by. The downtown area is full of wonderful shopping spots, numerous restaurants and local brewpubs.If the purpose of the trip is to fish, visitors can step outside the hotel's back door to fish for salmon. Guests are welcome to use the free fishing gear supplied by the hotel.Your Morning Breakfast is full of hot and delicious items, making breakfast at the Comfort Inn Ship Creek the perfect way to start your day. Enjoy our free hot breakfast featuring eggs, meat, yogurt and fresh fruit, cereal and more, including your choice of hot waffle flavors!There is 24-hour coffee service available in the dining area as well. Be sure to pick up a free weekday newspaper to read while eating breakfast.This Anchorage, AK hotel also features an indoor heated pool and an exercise room.Business travelers are welcome to take advantage of the on-site business center and access to copy and fax machines.All standard guest rooms come with many amenities, including in-room movies, games and coffee makers. Irons and ironing boards are available if needed. Some rooms feature whirlpool bathtubs, kitchenettes and wet bars.This Anchorage, AK hotel welcomes pets; nightly charges may apply. Laundry facilities and a newsstand are located on the premises for guest convenience. Valet cleaning service is also provided.The beautiful Comfort Inn Ship Creek is the perfect place to stay for both business and leisure travelers. We promise to help make your visit to Anchorage memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Booking.com and TravelUp so you can book your Comfort Inn Ship Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Ship Creek Hotel Anchorage
- Comfort Inn Anchorage
- Anchorage Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Ship Creek Anchorage, Alaska