Located 2 block from Alaska Railroad. Remember, this is the Comfort Inn not the Ritz. That being said however, I would stay here again in a heart beat. The beds were comfortable, the bathrooms clean- when I travel, that's what I look for. Coffee is fresh 24/7, another plus. The breakfast bar had eggs, sausage, pancakes/waffles, cereals, fruit, juice and milk. Hot stuff was hot, cold stuff was cold. Filling and tasty.
What makes this stand out for me was "William X", the front desk person. He is truly a gem. After going to our rooms to deposit luggage and freshen up, I went down to the lobby to wait for the others in our party. William had just send his co-worker home due to illness. A tour bus arrived, pouring 50 people into the lobby. William was the picture of professionalism, greeting each guest with a smile and getting everyone situated. There was a problem brewing with one or two people because of the wait. William diffused the issue with great aplomb and it appeared everyone was happy.
Later that evening, one in our party realized she forgot her blood pressure medicine. After finding out it would be a $70. cab ride to the closest drug store, William offered to pick it up on his way into work the next day. He wasn't on company time, wasn't getting paid to do it. He did it because he wanted to make sure Debbie was okay and he is a kind and thoughtful person. Comfort Inn should be very proud of the way "they" are represented by employees like William. He and "Monica" both had very good suggestions on dining and activities.
Getting back to our room, we slept great. We were not on the track side of the building, so we didn't hear any trains. There was plenty of hot water to soothe my travel weary body. Towels were fine. The pool was on the small side, but I didn't go to Alaska to swim in a hotel pool. The exercise room had plenty of equipment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort Inn Ship Creek, an Anchorage hotel near Alaska RailroadIdeally located on the banks of Ship Creek, the Comfort Inn® Ship Creek is within walking distance of lovely downtown Anchorage. Attractions that are just minutes away include the Alaska Railroad and the Alaska Center for the Performing Arts.The hotel sits along the Tony Knowles Coastal Trail, which offers spectacular views of Cook Inlet. The Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport is only seven miles away. The hotel offers free shuttle service to and from the airport, the Alaska Railroad and select locations within the downtown area. The shuttle runs 24-hours in the summer and limited hours in the winter.The Anchorage Museum at Rasmuson Center, the Alaska Museum of Natural History and the Egan Center civic and convention facility are also close by. The downtown area is full of wonderful shopping spots, numerous restaurants and local brewpubs.If the purpose of the trip is to fish, visitors can step outside the hotel's back door to fish for salmon. Guests are welcome to use the free fishing gear supplied by the hotel.Your Morning Breakfast is full of hot and delicious items, making breakfast at the Comfort Inn Ship Creek the perfect way to start your day. Enjoy our free hot breakfast featuring eggs, meat, yogurt and fresh fruit, cereal and more, including your choice of hot waffle flavors!There is 24-hour coffee service available in the dining area as well. Be sure to pick up a free weekday newspaper to read while eating breakfast.This Anchorage, AK hotel also features an indoor heated pool and an exercise room.Business travelers are welcome to take advantage of the on-site business center and access to copy and fax machines.All standard guest rooms come with many amenities, including in-room movies, games and coffee makers. Irons and ironing boards are available if needed. Some rooms feature whirlpool bathtubs, kitchenettes and wet bars.This Anchorage, AK hotel welcomes pets; nightly charges may apply. Laundry facilities and a newsstand are located on the premises for guest convenience. Valet cleaning service is also provided.The beautiful Comfort Inn Ship Creek is the perfect place to stay for both business and leisure travelers. We promise to help make your visit to Anchorage memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, Choice Hotels, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Inn Ship Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Ship Creek Hotel Anchorage
- Comfort Inn Anchorage
- Anchorage Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Ship Creek Anchorage, Alaska