“Best Place to Stay Before Train Ride”

Comfort Inn Ship Creek
Ranked #28 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed 6 December 2013

This is quite a nice little hotel. I found not one thing to complain about, and you absolutely can not beat the very short walk (two minutes?) from the front door to the train depot. Very nice lobby, and great personnel behind the front desk.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank runningboy68
Carissa G, General Manager at Comfort Inn Ship Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments on Trip Advisor! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for complimenting our amazing front desk team. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 4 December 2013

We will definitely go back here when we return to Anchorage! It's very clean, attractive, and comfortable. Friendly staff. They also allow pets. The bed is very comfortable, one of the best we have slept on. Plenty of extremely comfortable pillows, which I am going to look for to purchase for my own bed at home. The hot breakfast is fine, with eggs, sausage, make your own waffles, pastries, etc. I am a hotel snob, and I love this hotel! :)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank chattykathy96

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments on Trip Advisor! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Comfort Inn and thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback. We really hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 22 November 2013

First off I have debated back and forth if I should write this review as I normally am very fair.But my first hand experience was very negative and they asked me to write a review so I am. I checked in to the room around 8pm and everything seemed okay but area was kinda urban and dark. When I walked into the lobby I wasnt greated and stood in line for over 30 mins before the clerk even said one word to me. I then got to the front of the line being 1 person a head of me and keep in the phone was ringing off the hook as well and the clerk said I did not have a reservation. I was like I have a conf number and gave it to them and they still could not find it. At this point I was already upset about having to wait for ever that I just told them to book a new room for me and I could call choice hotels to fix the issues. I was given a room at a rate 2 times higher than the one I booked on choice.com and walked down the hall to my room.

round 2!!! At around 1am I hear a weird noise that wakes me up and its a person walking in my room with his stuff. I jump up and say hey and he freaks out as well and showed me his room key with the same number as mine. He then left and went to front desk and I locked the door as I thought I had the dead bolt on but must not have. The next morning I asked to speak with a manager and they told me no one works on the weekends. I said can you please have them all me as I had so many issues I wanted someone to talk to before I left. The clerk said okay and I gave them my business card. I then checked out paying the higher rate and they asked me about my stay and to leave a comment on trip advisor. William was nice and friendly that is the only pleasent part of my stay.

Best part was when I went back out to my car and had two drunk homeless people beg me for money.

Management still has not called me back maybe now I will get a call back.

Tom

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
10  Thank Tomitup
Carissa G, General Manager at Comfort Inn Ship Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. I am deeply concerned about the issues that you had on your recent stay here at our hotel and want to take this time to apologize for your terrible experience with us. I was not aware of the issues you had experienced and had I been, would have contacted you immediately. As you can tell from previous comments, what you experienced is not how we do business and I would greatly like to speak with you about these issues and correct them for you immediately. We have looked through past reservations and are not sure of your full name or I would have contacted you already. Please if you would like, give the hotel a call, 907-277-6887 and ask for myself, Carissa Giliam (GM) or if I am not on the property, Aaron Yoder (Front Office Manager) as either would love to speak to you about your stay. Thank you again for bringing these issues to my attention as positive or negative, feedback will always help us improve. Look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

This hotel is clean, comfortable and a good value. There is quite a bit to do nearby, and the staff is very friendly! I personally appreciated the close-in location: I prefer doing my travelling on foot, and everything I required was well within walking distance!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank thisisamazing
Carissa G, General Manager at Comfort Inn Ship Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments on Trip Advisor! We really appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback about our hotel and we really hope to see you again in the future, hopefully to fish behind the hotel next summer!

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Comfort Inn Ship Creek is a very nice hotel. Check-in was a breeze with a good room location. Rooms are spacious clean and comfortable. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. I recommend this hotel to travelers looking for a nice comfortable place to lay your head. Especially, military travelers visiting or assign to Elemendorf AFB, Alaska. Hotel is located just outside of the gate to the base about a 10-12 minute drive from AMC terminal. Hotel is centrally located to downtown Anchorage restaurants, shopping, banks, etc.. You will enjoy and appreciate their great spa and swimming pool after a tiring day to relax. The price is reasonable; they offer discounts to military and AAA travelers. Also, they offer free breakfast at 6 AM and transportation to airport and about town. Please call to schedule pickup. However, they do not have authorization to travel on the military base so you have to take a taxi. Have a nice stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Glenn C
Carissa G, General Manager at Comfort Inn Ship Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments on Trip Advisor! We really appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and we can't wait to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 1 November 2013

During a recent trip to Alaska I stayed here for a few nights. I have only good things o say about this place. Te location is great and accessible to almost everything in Anchorage. Proximity to the Alaskan Rail Depot was a great convenience. Te check in could turn out to be a bit tedious at times.
I used this as my base for my different trips in Alaska. They allow you store your luggage when you travel elsewhere.
If I go to Anchorage again this will be my choice of stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank ZachariahN
Carissa G, General Manager at Comfort Inn Ship Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments on Trip Advisor! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we really look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed 30 October 2013

This was our third time in Anchorage and instead of the Comfort Inn next to the airport, we chose this location. The hotel is much newer, the rooms, very large and very clean. We had a King suite for less than we had paid for a standard room at the other Comfort inn. We got into Anchorage from Kodiak earlier than anticipated and they allowed us to check in several hours earlier than posted. Great place to stay!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SMT56
Carissa G, General Manager at Comfort Inn Ship Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Thank you for your wonderful comments on Trip Advisor! We are so happy that you took the time to leave feedback on our hotel as good or bad, any and all feedback helps us improve. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!