During our recent trip to Alaska we stayed here and were so happy we did. To begin, the shuttle service was available even when we arrived after midnight and every other time we needed it (except one which I'll explain later). Our room was large and comfortable with two double beds and two comfortable arm chairs, a desk, TV, coffee maker and a very welcome free WIFI. The bathroom was large and the room very clean.
Breakfast was included and started at 5:00 am, perfect for people who had early tours. I have to say that the scrambled eggs were the best I have ever had at a buffet breakfast, tasty and fluffy. Sausage, waffles, pastries, yogurt, juice, coffee and items I probably forgot were included.
We were traveling on a land tour and I was later going out on a cruise so I had a large suitcase of cruise wear. The hotel stored it free for me so I wouldn't have to lug it around.
The staff was attentive, helpful and uniformly friendly including but not limited too Ron and Aldo.
The location was perfect for us as we were heading out on Alaskan Railroad adventure and the station was a short walk away. I personally love the sound of a train whistle but for someone who doesn't this is probably not the place for you.
When we returned from our adventure we got off the train with a party of 35 traveling together and staying at the property. The shuttle was obviously engaged moving everyone and their luggage so we walked to the hotel toting our bags. Not a big deal.
Ship Creek runs behind the property and we enjoyed watching the salmon fishing. When we wanted to go downtown we used the ULU Factory complementary shuttle just a few feet away that took us to the Anchorage Visitors Center. Would positively stay here if we return to Anchorage.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort Inn Ship Creek, an Anchorage hotel near Alaska RailroadIdeally located on the banks of Ship Creek, the Comfort Inn® Ship Creek is within walking distance of lovely downtown Anchorage. Attractions that are just minutes away include the Alaska Railroad and the Alaska Center for the Performing Arts.The hotel sits along the Tony Knowles Coastal Trail, which offers spectacular views of Cook Inlet. The Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport is only seven miles away. The hotel offers free shuttle service to and from the airport, the Alaska Railroad and select locations within the downtown area. The shuttle runs 24-hours in the summer and limited hours in the winter.The Anchorage Museum at Rasmuson Center, the Alaska Museum of Natural History and the Egan Center civic and convention facility are also close by. The downtown area is full of wonderful shopping spots, numerous restaurants and local brewpubs.If the purpose of the trip is to fish, visitors can step outside the hotel's back door to fish for salmon. Guests are welcome to use the free fishing gear supplied by the hotel.Your Morning Breakfast is full of hot and delicious items, making breakfast at the Comfort Inn Ship Creek the perfect way to start your day. Enjoy our free hot breakfast featuring eggs, meat, yogurt and fresh fruit, cereal and more, including your choice of hot waffle flavors!There is 24-hour coffee service available in the dining area as well. Be sure to pick up a free weekday newspaper to read while eating breakfast.This Anchorage, AK hotel also features an indoor heated pool and an exercise room.Business travelers are welcome to take advantage of the on-site business center and access to copy and fax machines.All standard guest rooms come with many amenities, including in-room movies, games and coffee makers. Irons and ironing boards are available if needed. Some rooms feature whirlpool bathtubs, kitchenettes and wet bars.This Anchorage, AK hotel welcomes pets; nightly charges may apply. Laundry facilities and a newsstand are located on the premises for guest convenience. Valet cleaning service is also provided.The beautiful Comfort Inn Ship Creek is the perfect place to stay for both business and leisure travelers. We promise to help make your visit to Anchorage memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Comfort Inn Ship Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Ship Creek Hotel Anchorage
- Comfort Inn Anchorage
- Anchorage Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Ship Creek Anchorage, Alaska