Our stay here didn't start out on the right foot. I called for the shuttle when we arrived at the airport and was told it would be half an hour as the driver was picking up cruise people at the train depot. It never came, so I called again. This time they said another 15 minutes. Nothing. I called again and they said the driver was on his way. We waited an hour for the shuttle as all the other hotels had 3 or 4. The driver that picked us up said he didn't know anything as he had just started his shift. We were a bit angry to say the least when we arrived at the hotel, especially seeing that the train depot is practically across the street! Having said that, the young lady that had just started at the front desk was doing the very best she could considering she was alone and being pulled in all directions. Check-in was surprisingly quick considering, but it was now 10:30pm, 2 hours after we landed. We had hoped to get some dinner, but with no car, this proved exceedingly difficult. As far as the room, we were quite pleased - it was clean and comfortable, no noise - no issues at all. Breakfast in the morning was in a decent sized room and with a decent selection. However, of all things, they ran out of utensils and coffee cups and the person in charge was no where to be found. We asked the person at the front desk who seemed just as harried as the evening person. He went to look in several places for the cups and the person in charge but could find neither, so we left. Management needs to stop being so cheap (or whatever their excuse is) and hire more staff. It's ridiculous how hard everyone was working (and I never saw them lose their composure!). One other thing, although we walked to downtown, it is rather removed and quite an uphill walk. This was a very nice hotel for the price, as long as the location and unreliable shuttle service is not a concern. We rented a car the next day so we only used the shuttle once.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort Inn Ship Creek, an Anchorage hotel near Alaska RailroadIdeally located on the banks of Ship Creek, the Comfort Inn® Ship Creek is within walking distance of lovely downtown Anchorage. Attractions that are just minutes away include the Alaska Railroad and the Alaska Center for the Performing Arts.The hotel sits along the Tony Knowles Coastal Trail, which offers spectacular views of Cook Inlet. The Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport is only seven miles away. The hotel offers free shuttle service to and from the airport, the Alaska Railroad and select locations within the downtown area. The shuttle runs 24-hours in the summer and limited hours in the winter.The Anchorage Museum at Rasmuson Center, the Alaska Museum of Natural History and the Egan Center civic and convention facility are also close by. The downtown area is full of wonderful shopping spots, numerous restaurants and local brewpubs.If the purpose of the trip is to fish, visitors can step outside the hotel's back door to fish for salmon. Guests are welcome to use the free fishing gear supplied by the hotel.Your Morning Breakfast is full of hot and delicious items, making breakfast at the Comfort Inn Ship Creek the perfect way to start your day. Enjoy our free hot breakfast featuring eggs, meat, yogurt and fresh fruit, cereal and more, including your choice of hot waffle flavors!There is 24-hour coffee service available in the dining area as well. Be sure to pick up a free weekday newspaper to read while eating breakfast.This Anchorage, AK hotel also features an indoor heated pool and an exercise room.Business travelers are welcome to take advantage of the on-site business center and access to copy and fax machines.All standard guest rooms come with many amenities, including in-room movies, games and coffee makers. Irons and ironing boards are available if needed. Some rooms feature whirlpool bathtubs, kitchenettes and wet bars.This Anchorage, AK hotel welcomes pets; nightly charges may apply. Laundry facilities and a newsstand are located on the premises for guest convenience. Valet cleaning service is also provided.The beautiful Comfort Inn Ship Creek is the perfect place to stay for both business and leisure travelers. We promise to help make your visit to Anchorage memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, Priceline, Choice Hotels, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Comfort Inn Ship Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Ship Creek Hotel Anchorage
- Comfort Inn Anchorage
- Anchorage Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Ship Creek Anchorage, Alaska