I spent a quick overnight here before an 8:00 AM business meeting. It was February in Anchorage, so there was plenty of dark and plenty of snow.
The staff were very friendly and helpful. They gave 4-star service, which was a very pleasant surprise. The free shuttle van also took me to a downtown restaurant for dinner, and to the office the next morning. They did it on a moment's notice with very good attitudes.
My price was quite a bargain, even for February in Alaska.
But the location stinks. It's sited in what is locally known as "the rail pit." The hotel is indeed surrounded by railroad tracks. A concrete highway viaduct looms above. There weren't many trains sounding their horns in February, but there are plenty once the snow melts. Also, this place stands by itself with nothing in the vicinity at night besides a closed tourist shop and closed railroad offices. To go out anywhere - or to come back - means walking four steep blocks uphill into the city. When there's a foot of snow it's not easy - though Anchorage is very good about plowing sidewalks.
The room was what one expect from this chain. Mine was clean and the bed was comfortable. But there was a musty smell. I had to air the room out, and opening the window at zero degrees is dicey.
The free breakfast was the usual Comfort Inn fare.
Next time I'll book someplace up in the city. I'm an avid walker, but this place is just too out of the way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort Inn Ship Creek, an Anchorage hotel near Alaska RailroadIdeally located on the banks of Ship Creek, the Comfort Inn® Ship Creek is within walking distance of lovely downtown Anchorage. Attractions that are just minutes away include the Alaska Railroad and the Alaska Center for the Performing Arts.The hotel sits along the Tony Knowles Coastal Trail, which offers spectacular views of Cook Inlet. The Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport is only seven miles away. The hotel offers free shuttle service to and from the airport, the Alaska Railroad and select locations within the downtown area. The shuttle runs 24-hours in the summer and limited hours in the winter.The Anchorage Museum at Rasmuson Center, the Alaska Museum of Natural History and the Egan Center civic and convention facility are also close by. The downtown area is full of wonderful shopping spots, numerous restaurants and local brewpubs.If the purpose of the trip is to fish, visitors can step outside the hotel's back door to fish for salmon. Guests are welcome to use the free fishing gear supplied by the hotel.Your Morning Breakfast is full of hot and delicious items, making breakfast at the Comfort Inn Ship Creek the perfect way to start your day. Enjoy our free hot breakfast featuring eggs, meat, yogurt and fresh fruit, cereal and more, including your choice of hot waffle flavors!There is 24-hour coffee service available in the dining area as well. Be sure to pick up a free weekday newspaper to read while eating breakfast.This Anchorage, AK hotel also features an indoor heated pool and an exercise room.Business travelers are welcome to take advantage of the on-site business center and access to copy and fax machines.All standard guest rooms come with many amenities, including in-room movies, games and coffee makers. Irons and ironing boards are available if needed. Some rooms feature whirlpool bathtubs, kitchenettes and wet bars.This Anchorage, AK hotel welcomes pets; nightly charges may apply. Laundry facilities and a newsstand are located on the premises for guest convenience. Valet cleaning service is also provided.The beautiful Comfort Inn Ship Creek is the perfect place to stay for both business and leisure travelers. We promise to help make your visit to Anchorage memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Comfort Inn Ship Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Ship Creek Hotel Anchorage
- Comfort Inn Anchorage
- Anchorage Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Ship Creek Anchorage, Alaska