“Perfect hotel for our needs”

Quality Suites Historic Downtown
Ranked #33 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
Mercer Island, Washington
“Perfect hotel for our needs”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We needed a nice clean hotel with comfortable beds and the ability to do laundry. This hotel was perfect. We loved the suite format that let us spread out into the living room area. The location is centrally located in downtown Anchorage; great if you want to walk to local shops and good food options. The staff was very helpful. We did have the breakfast which was fine. It's definitely better than traditional continental breakfast served in most hotels. We would definitely return.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Nancy H
QualitySuitesManager, Front Office Manager at Quality Suites Historic Downtown, responded to this review, 22 September 2013
We appreciate the time you took to write a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Thank you for your kind words describing your stay at our hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Not a glamorous hotel but nice; service was excellent, rooms clean, decent included buffet breakfast. Alaska is expensive in the summer and this place was the same at $215++ per night (what I pay in Hawaii!).

They had good shuttle service to the airport, train station and their sister hotel Comfort Inn (almost the exact same layout and service). This hotel is near the Anchorage Museum (well worth a visit). Very pleased with the shuttle service and used it lots (since I didn't rent a car).

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JohnGrins
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and in Anchorage. I am also pleased that you enjoyed our complimentary 24 hour shuttle service. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again!
Montreal
Reviewed 13 August 2013

The hotel was well situated near the shopping center and the Anchorage museum where you can take a bus to get to cruise ship. Nice to have a separate living room and second TV with a door. Useful when kids are sleeping. The breakfast was ok. The staff were nice. It was expensive but comparable to other hôtels in Anchorage.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank famvacMontreal
QualitySuitesManager, Front Office Manager at Quality Suites Historic Downtown, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at our hotel. I am pleased that the layout of your room and location of our hotel was convenient for you during your stay in Anchorage. Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel. We hope that on your next trip to Anchorage you will stay with us again.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Hotel is well located in city center with easy walk to restaurants, etc. Rooms are comfortable and cleaned as well as promptly attended to. Breakfast has bacon and eggs, waffles and more; great for the Alaska cool days. Will be an easy return choice.

Room Tip: Ground floors have people walking past windows.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Golfhiker
QualitySuitesManager, Front Office Manager at Quality Suites Historic Downtown, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
We would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We stayed in Anchorage for 2 nights before going to Denali Park in September 2012. The hotel is downmarket and not great. Dated, in need of refurbishment and seemed to be hosting a significant number of social housing 'guests'. The rooms were large and clean enough so on that basis, for a couple of nights we put up with it, but it is a long way from being a good hotel or part of a luxury holiday package - which the rest of our trip to Alaska from the UK certainly was. Breakfast continued to make us feel that we were staying in a hostel. The food choice was poor, polystyrene cups and astonishingly, a few people mysteriously filling carrier bags and disappearing through rear doors! Anchorage isn't a large place and other hotels would be a better option.

Room Tip: Don't.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wendy W

Travellers are raving about these Anchorage hotels

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We stayed at this hotel for five nights while on business in Anchorage. We found the front desk personnel friendly enough and the room was clean and large. However, this isn't the hotel for you if you're on your once-in-a-lifetime trip to Alaska. Overall, its decor is dated. The breakfast room is just plain sad, and there wasn't a single fresh item on the buffet the days I checked. Two of the three machines in the exercise room worked. The sign on the door between the exercise room and the indoor pool said the pool should have been open by mid-July but the note on the main door suggested the renovations wouldn't be complete until the end of July. There is no lounge, though it is easy enough to walk to restaurants and shopping in downtown Anchorage. My biggest complaint is that for this very average experience we paid over $200 a night. I know Anchorage is expensive, but you can find better for that price. If you are looking for a memorable time, by all means, visit Alaska. Just don't stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front may be quieter than the one we had in the back. On Friday night, I couldn't...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Scout1960
It was great of you to point out the positives you experienced while staying at our hotel. Please accept my apologies for the things that were not to your liking during your stay. We hope that you will give us another chance on your next visit.
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I have stayed here a few times, its an ok hotel. we likeD it because we are a family of 5 and we could get 2 beds plus a pullout couch for our oldest..perfect...
But in a recent trip to Anchorage we went straight there, to check in as usual...only to be greeted by THE RUDEST young lady I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. Let me try to list this in a way that you can understand my frustration...
1st of all they were charging more than I have EVER seen them charge, and I've come here in all seasons.
2nd, I have ALWAYS received an Alaska resident discount, its not a huge savings, but it makes me feel better about their prices.
3rd she tells me that the pool is out of service and there will be no adjustment to the price or anything for the inconvenience.
-At this point I made some calls to see if I could find a comparable hotel....I didn't....so I returned to the front desk to carry on with check in though I was thoroughly unhappy already.-
She then goes on to tell me that the only room she can ( or will at least) offer me is at the far end of the building and asks if that will be alright. I (confused) asked what difference that made besides a little longer walk to the room. She then proceeds to tell me that it is butted up to a bar and that people have been known to not get any sleep until the bar closes around 2-3 AM!!!!
Needless to say I left at this point...and will not return... There was also what appeared to be a manager nearby who did NOTHING to try to make me feel better about the situation but didn't have any trouble mumbling under his breath about me to the front desk worker when I was walking out. This is no way to keep customers, especially one that has been staying at your hotel 3-6 times a year....every year for nearly 8 years! Oh well, I'm happy to choose one of the other SEVERAL nice hotels in town that want my money and my business.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family