My wife and I stayed at the Springhill Suites Anchorage-Midtown for one night in August 2013 following a late flight arrival at ANC.
Overall, this is a good property and I would recommend it for a short stay, especially if you have early/late flights. It was exactly two turns on surface roads from rental car garage to hotel.
--Comfortable, clean rooms.
--Good breakfast buffet and nice breakfast area. Very well done, better than most hotel offerings with good hot food selections/breads/drinks.
--One block from Wal-Mart. Great place to load up the car for a two week road trip through Alaska.
--The property could use an overall refresh, especailly the common areas. The halls and elevators are tired.
--The hotel staff was friendly, but wildly uninformed. We arrived late, hoping to get dinner and drink before turning in. We asked the front desk for restaurant suggestion but were told nothing in the area was open and we'd have to go downtown. We knew from earlier online research there was a Buffalo Wild Wings nearby and asked for directions. The front desk said BWW did not exist in the area but suggested a gas station/convenience store across the parking lot. Thanks, but no thanks. Well, when we entered our room and opened the drapes, we were nearly blinded by the BWW neon sign; 100 yards from the hotel…
--Hotel "visitors". There was a drunk/disturbed homeless women in the parking lot. She came into lobby several times demanding to see someone during breakfast. They'd send her away and she'd leave for 10-15 minutes, but then be back, louder and drunker (I think). This went on for over an hour before they finally had her removed by police. I know its a bad situation (and they handled it with compassion) but the situation was unresolved for too long.
If you need a place to spend a night in Anchorage, and you don't want to head downtown, the Springhill Suites is a good choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a different kind of hotel with style and space, beautifully priced.Located in midtown, walking distance to shopping and entertainment. Featuring separate areas for sleeping, eating and working, SpringHill Suites provides guests with a microwave, mini-fridge, desk and pull-out sofa bed. Enjoy complimentary continental breakfast and airport shuttle, as well as pool, whirlpool, exercise room and wireless. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your SpringHill Suites Anchorage Midtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Anchorage Midtown Hotel Anchorage
- Anchorage Springhill Suites
- SpringHill Suites Anchorage Midtown Alaska