“Very Nice Hotel”

Ranked #19 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
Ludlow, Massachusetts
“Very Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel after taking the Alaska Railroad from Denali to Anchorage. We were leaving early the next morning for the airport. We called when we arrived at the train deport. The free shuttle was there in 15 minutes. The driver was very friendly and helped us with our bags. The front desk staff was also very friendly and accommodating. They signed us up for the shuttle at 3:30 AM, scheduled a wake-up call, and even arranged for us to get some bagels & milk in the morning since the breakfast buffet would not be open before we left. Our room was very large and clean. The bed was comfortable and the shower was nice. My wife went down to the pool for a while and I watched TV. In the morning, the shuttle driver was right on time and loaded our bags for us. We made it to the airport in plenty of time for our flight. We were very happy with the room and the service at this hotel and would not hesitate to go back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Steve H
NMS-Lodging, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Mr. H,

Thank-you very much for choosing our hotel for your visit to Anchorage, we appreciate your business.

I am very pleased to see that the staff took good care of you and your travel companion, and that everything happened just the way it is supposed to happen so that you were able to enjoy your yourself as you should.

I am happy you enjoyed your trip and that we were part of it's success. If you decide to take another excursion to Alaska, we'll have your room ready.

Best regards,

Lenora Moses

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Fairbanks, Alaska
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Love the hotel and have stayed multiple times. The breakfast is great; I do wish they would extend the eating time past 9:30 am on weekends though.

The hotel is right next to two very busy roads and some rooms receive a lot of noise from the them. I only managed to sleep for a few hours in one room recently. Thankfully, I was able to move to another part of the hotel that was far quieter.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank S M
Dear S M,

Thank-you very much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel, we realize we may have some challenges, but we're always interested in what our guests have to say, and we try our level best to accommodate everyone who crosses our threshold.

I am happy you enjoyed our breakfast variety, and you may have a point there, we will have to take a look into possibly extending our hours a little bit for the convenience of those who enjoy sleeping in a little on the weekends.

We do have a bit of a noise problem, we are very close to that busy main "drag" and occasionally it does pose a problem for our guests. I am pleased we had another room for you to transfer to though, it does help quite a bit to be on the opposite side from the street.

Thank-you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Anchorage, we do appreciate your business. Enjoy that beautiful Fairbanks weather!

We hope to see you again soon.

Best Regards,

Ocean Gate, New Jersey
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The hotel is located just outside the downtown of Anchorage. The rooms are a good size , and very clean. It was a very pleasant surprise. The hotel had the usual breakfast, and it was fine. There is a WalMart nearby, and an Out Back Steakhouse. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would not hesitate to return to this property. It is also close to the airport, about 15 minutes.

Room Tip: The rooms are probably all about the same
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Flyerno.one
Dear Flyerno,

Thank-you for including SpringHill Suites Anchorage Midtown in your travel plans, we appreciate your business. Thank-you as well for completing your review of the hotel.

I am pleased you were able to travel to Alaska, we live in such a beautiful, majestic state. If you ever find yourself returning, we'll have a room open just for you.

Best Regards,

Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 18 May 2014

The rooms are clean and quiet, but the rest of the hotel rates average to terrible. The front desk staff were friendly but not very helpful. The credit card authorization from my company was lost, making for a difficult and embarrassing check in. I finally had to call our CEO to talk to their management to straighten things out. The staff had no real suggestions on where you could find a place to eat close to the hotel. The shuttle runs midtown and downtown only so forget the Dimond Center. The breakfast was awful. The "orange juice" was basically water with a hint of something that may have been orange juice in it. Also for some reason the room closet had an awful smell.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Relm865
NMS-Lodging, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Good afternoon Relm,

First, allow me to apologize for the difficult time you had checking into the hotel and for your stay in general. Not having your paperwork ready when you arrive just makes for a very unpleasant experience. The embarrassment lays at our feet, not yours. As for the orange juice, we dropped the ball on that as well.

I spoke to the Front Desk staff and asked them to make sure we have all the proper paperwork ready for guest check-in before the guest arrives, and with the kitchen staff to regularly check the food and drinks to ensure they are refilled.

We don't have traditional closets in our hotel so I believe you're addressing the open area near the bed where clothes/luggage/ironing board are kept. I have spoken to housekeeping to make sure that all areas of the rooms don't have any odors or stains, and that dusting is done regularly to ensure the room smells fresh at all times.

Our hotel is a smaller hotel and we go to the airport every thirty minutes for the convenience of our guests. We can not safely keep that schedule if we also take guests downtown, to the Dimond Center, or even somewhere as simple as the supermarket next door. It would be wonderful if we could manage that, but we can't because we would be risking the safety of our passengers, the time constraint would be impossible.

I wanted you to know that the time you took to comment on our hotel did not fall into the abyss, and that someone indeed read about your difficulties and then took action. Thank-you for writing your concerns down, this gives us the opportunity to improve our service.

We appreciate your comments and your business.

Respectfully,

VA
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I arrived in Anchorage the night of an unexpected snow. It was about 1am and the taxis weren't running!! I had friends who were staying at Springhill Suites and we arrived together. Their van was there. Without saying anything to get anyone in trouble the hotel and staff were very generous and helpful to me in my snowy situation.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank RebeccaSCVa
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I arrived from Pittsburgh at 1:00 a.m. local time tired and cranky. That didn't last long. The check- in was super easy, fast, and friendly. The friendly woman at the desk offered me a bottle of water and sent me on my way. The room was clean, fresh, and quiet. When I was ready to emerge from my comfortable room, I realized that I was only blocks from great shops and restaurants. This is a lovely hotel in a great location, and so reasonably priced...I hope I get the opportunity to return.

Room Tip: When you first turn on the TV, it will be on the "Alaska Channel"--watch it! I always blo...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank SteelCityCampbells
NMS-Lodging, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Good evening Steel City Campbells,

First, we would like to thank-you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Anchorage, we appreciate your business very much. We would also like to thank-you your review, we certainly appreciate you taking the time to leave such nice comments.

We are very happy you enjoyed your stay, and we hope you are able to come up and visit us again.

Respectfully,

Lenora Moses,
Fairbanks, Alaska
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

My wife and I arrived for a two night stay and my first impression was that they needed to tone down a bit the amount of chlorine used in they pool. The smell was a bit overwhelming. Other than that, we were greeted by a very friendly staff and were served quickly. Our room was clean and large with a separate living area that had a couch, "kitchen" area, and desk. A small wall separated it from the sleeping area, which was nice since I tend to go to bed much later than my wife. The sink area in the bathroom was also separated from the toilet and shower. Another feature I liked. Overall, I had an enjoyable stay.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple