“Great Staff - Fantastic Suite...perfect for two couples traveling together” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Anchorage Midtown

Residence Inn Anchorage Midtown
Ranked #23 of 72 Hotels in Anchorage
Wichita, Kansas
“Great Staff - Fantastic Suite...perfect for two couples traveling together”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2010

This was the perfect place to stay for us. We had a suite with two bedrooms, two bathrooms and a great living/kitchen area. It was within walking distance of a grocery store - that came in handy. We were surprised to learn of the reception that was served each night - food and drink - who needs to go out???

The staff was very friendly and willing to assist.

The only glitch we had was with the WIFI service. Apparently they had just switched providers. The system was slow and dropped frequently. They didn't have anyone on staff who could assist so they connected us with the service provider. We spent a lot of time on "hold" waiting which added to the frustration. Hopefully they have worked out the bugs.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2010

This was an awesome stay!!! The rooms are huge even with a fireplace! Comfy beds, great showers, amazing breakfast each morning and snacks and beverages in the evenings (except on weekends). We stayed 5 nights - loved every minute! Well, except with the internet. They had gotten a new service or something and we struggled with the connections every day. But other than that - it was the perfect spot for us!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bobbie010
Bethel, Alaska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2010

I was quite impressed when I checked into my room. It was very spacious, there was a small cooking area, full size refrigerator, pots/pans and utensils & a large flat-screen tv. The staff was great, some went out of their way to assist you. I felt very comfortable until bedtime. I did not find the bed very comfortable and the pillows were terrible. They go flat and make your head feel too warm. I had a very hard time sleeping. I would hope that these issues are with just one room, I may have to give it one more try. If I do stay at this hotel again I will book for a one bedroom to see if there is any change. This room I am reviewing was a studio.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mekoryuk_bic
East Lansing, MI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2010

On 2 separate occasions late last year I stayed about 2 weeks each at this hotel and really enjoyed my stays.

I had a rental car so I did not use the hotel shuttle. The hotel is easy to find and is located in a small complex of various office buildings right off 36th and Seward. The location of the hotel does mean that you have to walk a bit to get to shopping and food.

The various staff members I encountered during my stay were all friendly and helpful. The check-in and check-out process was smooth and quick.

My room was clean and spacious with a separate area for the bedroom/bathroom. The kitchen helps keep cost down if you do not want to eat out. Everything was clean and in good working order and the furnishing looked in good shape and fairly new. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was roomy and the shower had great water pressure. Excellent lighting throughout which I love. There was a flat screen TV in the living area as well as another one in the bedroom.

The breakfast in the lobby area had a nice selection and the evening reception on Monday-Thursday nights was enough to fill you up and serve as dinner if you want to save some money. Plus free beer on tap and wine.

I used the fitness room on several occasions and never had anyone else there at the same time. In addition to treadmills, an elliptical, and bike, there was a bench with some dumbells. The pool, however, was always crowded, especially with kids so I never bothered to use it.

On two separate occasions I walked out of the hotel to be greeted by a moose hanging out in the outdoor courtyard. The staff did post signs on the door warning about the moose. As long as you kept your distance, it was cool to see.

Parking in the winter time means scraping snow/ice off since there is no covered parking. If you return late at night expect to park a little farther away from the entrances and endure a short cold walk. The Alaskan winter scenery is gorgeous despite the cold.

I have previously stayed at Homewood Suites in Anchorage and would rate this place just as nice. I would highly recommend both.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
alaska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2009

good location right in the middle of town close to good food- another cool thing is the hotel will actually do grocery shopping for you- you just have to give them the list the night before to have it by about 9ish -fred meyer only which they have anything you need. another plus -less then $10 taxi ride to great alaska bush company. also handyman/security? guy Marty went out of his way to help guests i coudn't get any extra towels last minute late night and he went out of his way to get them and even brought back some chocolates. nice swimming pool also. free breakfast in the morning and get what you expect you would get for free. not good food not terrible. would stay again. nicer beds at captain cook, hilton or marriott downtown or at the dimond center hotel but a little far from the others. alaska resident.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank frankieAlaska
corpus christi, tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2009

Our trip to Alaska was a mix of business and pleasure. My husband stayed in this hotel for 2 weeks before we flew up to join him. We all stayed there for 3 nights before we left for Denali. The location was great. It was quiet and near a great pizza place. It was not far from downtown either. The rooms were clean and not huge but seemed big enough and there were 6 of us in a 2 bedroom(our kids are teenagers so they are adult sized) They serve a full breakfast every morning and dinner with happy hour each night. I did not eat the dinner but my husband did and said it was good. I would stay here again if ever in Anchorage.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2009

We (my husband and parents) stayed at the Residence Inn the first two nights of our Alaska trip. We arrived in Anchorage after 2 am and were pleasantly surprised that the hotel paid for our taxi from the airport. The two bedroom suite we had met our needs to a T- lots of privacy for both couples and a comfortable living space . Breakfast was filling and yummy, and the staff was very accommodating. The location, though not downtown or very pretty, was very convenient to everything. Anchorage is pretty easy to get around, and mid-town is literally within minutes of everywhere you would need to go. I would definitely recommend the Residence Inn for a few nights, especially for an easy first night or two in Alaska.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family