Holiday Inn Express Anchorage
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Comfort Inn Ship Creek(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
US$71
Anchorage Grand Hotel(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$95
US$128
SpringHill Suites Anchorage University Lake(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
US$122
Dimond Center Hotel(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
US$167
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
US$144
TripAdvisor
All reviewsclose to the airporthi expressstayed hereroom was cleanvillage innnext morningwould stay here againfree breakfastnice breakfastfree shuttle servicewithin walking distancefront desk staffrental carhot breakfasta great place to staylong flightindoor pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 March 2014

My wife and I stayed here one night because we couldn't catch a flight to Fairbanks until the next morning. We were looking for a moderately priced hotel that was convenient to the airport. The Holiday Inn Express was exactly what we were looking for.

Transport to and from the airport worked well and check-in was quick. The room was fairly new and very clean. The breakfast buffet was also very good and had pretty good variety - four hot dishes, very good cinnamon rolls and a variety of cereals, yogurt, breads, etc. The only negative issue, which wasn't a big deal for us, was that the hallway carpets were very dirty. It looked like they hadn't been swept in a week - kind of odd considering everything else was very clean and well maintained.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jeff K
Hie A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Anchorage. I am so glad to hear that you found our facility to be "just what you wanted".

I will address the hallway carpet issue with our housekeeping staff to ensure that it is better maintained.

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Anchorage. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Anchorage.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

This is a clean, friendly place to stay near the Anchorage Airport. We stayed for three nights, and found it a comfortable place, with a good breakfast buffet. Love the cinnamon rolls. Also got a good dinner recommendation from the receptionist.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Steve L
Hie A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property and share your experience from your recent stay. I'm pleased to hear that you were comfortable and enjoyed our cinnamon rolls.

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express Anchorage. I look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to Anchorage.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

I got to the hotel around midnight. I was handed keys and was helped with my luggage to "my" room. I couldn't get the keys to work so I looked at the folder the keys were in. It appeared that the room number was 117 instead of 114 which I had been told. I went to that room, inserted the key and walked in to find someone sleeping in bed!

I went back to the front desk to get the keys replaced. Went back to the room and the keys wouldn't work again. Went back to the front desk, got the keys replaced a final time and was able to get in the room...with no one already sleeping in it.

The room was stuffy and appeared old and run down. Luckily, it was just an overnight stay.

I am a Platinum IHG member and would not recommend this property! The experience was horrible!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank DWAGGS
Hie A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Hello DWAggs,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and share the challenges you ran in to during your recent stay. I apologize for the issues you encountered at check in, the room key mix up is absolutely unacceptable regardless of what time it was.

As a platinum member of our rewards program we thank you for your loyalty and support of our hotels. Please rest assured that the appropriate steps have been taken to prevent situations of this nature in the future.

Thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to Anchorage.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

I stayed here in September and was very disappointed. From the airport shuttle van's poor condition to the inattentiveness of staff, to the condition of the room and the property in general, this hotel did not live up to my expectations for this brand. As a platinum priority club member, I responded to the email solicitation to review the hotel by laying out the facts of my stay. Here's what IHG sent me back, "We are unable to post your review at this time due to irrelevant or inappropriate content. We would be glad to post your review once it has been revised to meet our guidelines. Click here to go directly to the hotel details page where you will be able to re-submit your amended review for approval." Needless to say, this provided further disappointment in that IHG didn't want to publish an honest account of this property's shortcomings.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank captainroberto

Hello CaptainRoberto,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property not only on TripAdvisor, but also your attempt to submit a review to our brand website. I apologize that your review for our brand website was not published due to vulgar or inappropriate comments however you were given the opportunity to edit the language and still get your message across.

I apologize for the condition of our shuttle van during your stay in September, we were operating an older van when you picked you up from the airport as our regular van was under repair and we didn't want to interrupt this complimentary service.

I am running into difficulties trying to locate your reservation as these reviews are fairly anonymous, but I appreciate you bringing the inconveniences you experienced to my attention. I would have liked to have remedied the situation during you stay but was not given the chance as this is the first I've know of your issues,

Guest satisfaction is our ultimate goal. I invite you to contact me directly so that I can better understand the challenges you ran into and work with my crew to prevent future occurrences. Thank you again for taking the time to review our property and for your loyalty to the brand. I hope to hear from you soon.

tlewis@thehotelgroup.com
907-248-8848

Reviewed 8 November 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights at the end of our 18-day Alaska vacation. This is a nice clean hotel with all the amenities. They have self serve laundry facilities so I was able to pack all clean clothes for my flight home which was nice. I was able to get the government rate which made the price a little more reasonable. There are several restaurants and the Harley Davidson store within walking distance. All hotel employees were friendly and helpful. We enjoyed our stay at the Holiday Inn Express Anchorage.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KRB21
Hie A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay. I am glad that you were able to take advantage of our properties amenities and features. I will make sure to share your comments with the staff.

Thank you for staying with us during your Alaskan adventure. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Holiday Inn Express