“Nice hotel ”

Ranked #26 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I liked this hotel and the fact that it is away from the main part of town, buses we're only a couple of dollars to get around. We found a wonderful gift shop and we had a nice night out at the Bear tooth theatrepub but that was about it, the town didn't have much to offer so thank god for our hotel being a pleasant place to stay.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Phee K
Hie A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Hello Phee K,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and share your recent experience with the world!. I am pleased to hear that you have a pleasant stay.

Thank you again for choosing Holiday inn Express Anchorage.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Stayed for 2 nights prior to cruise. Arrived after midnight in Anchorage. Short wait for hotel shuttle, quick check-in and we were comfortably in bed. Room was a good size, clean and staff was very friendly. Fast food and Village Inn were within walking distance. Hotel offers a bare bones free breakfast (enough to start your day). We took advantage of the public bus ($2) to get downtown and back, very convenient and saved some $ on cabs.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank atlanta.david
Hie A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Hello atlanta.david!

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express for your Pre-Cruise hotel. I'm pleased that you found our facility comfortable and our staff friendly. I'll be sure to share your comments with everybody.

I hope you had a fantastic cruise! We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to Anchorage.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

This is a very good place to stay while in Anchorage, 2014 will be the 4th stay here. Breakfast is very good, rooms clean and modern, easy to find and quiet. Location is ideal for my purposes, close to airport and float plane base.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Mad722

Hello Mad722,

I'm happy to hear that you enjoy staying here! Thank you for your loyalty and for your kind words. I'll be sure to share them with my staff. We all really appreciate feedback from our guests and thank you for sharing your recent experience with the world.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to Anchorage!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Anchorage for five nights in early June. I have nothing but excellent things to say; from the breakfast, location, customer service, cleanliness and spectacular views this was the perfect hotel ! A special thanks to Trisha at the front desk for her professionalism and always going the extra mile for the guests. My room was on the 2nd floor (221) and had a great view of the snow capped mountains. The room was spacious and modern. The only, and I mean only, negative comment is regarding the pillows. They said "firm" but were far from it. This hotel is less than a five minute drive from the airport and a ten minute drive to resturants and shopping. If I ever return to Anchorage for business, this will be where I stay!

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Ashley G
Hie A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Hello AshleyG,

I am pleased to hear that you had a fantastic stay! Thank you for your kind words and for sharing your experience with the world. I will definitely look into the pillow situation. We should have two distinct pillow types in each room.

Thanks again!

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We arrived a few days early in Anchorage before taking a Royal Caribbean Cruise from Seward, AK. The hotel was nice and clean, as expected of a Holiday Inn Express. The breakfast was good and a nice selection of fruits as well. The front desk staff was exceptional, day and night.

I would not hesitate to stay here again. The shuttle from the airport was prompt and efficient. Unfortunately, they to not go to the rail station, which is the only negative I can think of about this hotel. The desk staff was able to provide us with several options to get to the train station at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Ron-Solo

Hello Ron Solo-

Thank you for your kind words. I really appreciate your comments and will make sure to share them with my staff.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Located 5 minutes from the Anchorage airport, easy to find. Rooms very, very clean and new looking. Bathrooms: lots of counter space. Breakfast buffet had a large variety of breakfast foods: 3 different sausages, hot biscuits, cinnamon rolls, bagels, different breakfast breads. Options for pancakes, scrambled eggs, yogurt, fresh fruit, yogurt, etc. Nice coffees and juice. Only thing I would have added: trays to take food to rooms. Large dining area and long hours: 6-10. Friendly personnel.
So far, so good. Nice view of gorgeous snow-topped mountains.

Room Tip: The A/C in room 227 was extremely loud!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank MaryFLincoln
Hie A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Hello MaryFLincoln,

Thank you for reviewing our property and sharing your recent experience with the world! I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay. I'll be sure to share your comments with my staff.

I am sorry that you didn't have a tray to take food back to your room. We do have them available. I'll check with the breakfast staff to ensure that our sign indicating this is always out.

Thank you again for sharing you r comments. We value important feedback- its the only way we can improve our overall operations.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

These folks see me a couple of times a year for about a week each time. They are friendly and helpful to travelers: vacation and business alike. They have a consistent HIE breakfast that lets me save $10 each morning. Good shades for handling the summer's night sunshine. The fitness room is on the weak side, so go to the Y. Super convenient to the airport and easy to get downtown.

Room Tip: Second floor is the lobby level. Parking on that level gets tight, so first floor is convenient to...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tyson R

Hello Tyson R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Express. We appreciate your kind words and your loyalty. I am pleased that you find our staff to be helpful and will make sure to share your comments with the staff.

Thank you again for your loyalty! Hope to see you the next time you are in town.