A special shout out to Erica at the reception for being super accommodating and professional to our requests late at night !! We asked for a room change twice because it faced the parking lot and she complied without any hesitation.
We stayed at this hotel twice (1 night inbound and 1 night outbound) during our trip to Anchorage. In between, we stayed at the fancy Captain Cook for a conference but the HIE beat out Captain Cook hands down in every area except for its history, downtown location and views. The HIE hotel is a no fuss everything you would need is provided, kind of hotel. The location is super convenient. We arrived past midnight and got to the hotel in a rental car from the airport in less than 10 minutes. The rooms looked new and are very well designed and spacious. We liked the fact that there was a microwave and fridge in the room. The wifi . Parking is convenient. Breakfast hours are very convenient and the breakfast was satisfying. Some rooms face the parking lot at floor level which was an issue for us. Also, like everything else in Alaska during the tourist season, it is priced higher than we would have liked to pay. But to be fair, it was no more expensive than other comparable hotels. But other than that, what's not to like about this place ? Would definitely stay here again !!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express-Anchorage Airport is conveniently located just 1 mile from the Ted Steven s Anchorage International Airport and 10 minutes from Anchorage s historic downtown district, with all the major shopping and fine dinning restaurants. Take a ride on the Alaska Railroad, see the starting line of the world famous Iditarod trail, kids can play at the Imaginarium or H2Oais Indoor Water Park. Attend events at the Egan Center, the Sullivan Arena,the new Dena ina Civic & Convention Center or Anchorage s Performing Arts Center. Alyeska Ski Resort and the town of Girdwood are a short drive south on the New Seward Highway, along the Turnagain Arm where you can look out for wildlife such as moose, Dall sheep and the bald eagle. But if you don t see them on the road, you can visit the Alaska Zoo or Big Game Alaska Wildlife Center. Surrounding companies include, BP Exploration, Conoco Phillips, North Slope Telecom, Inc., and Arctic Slope Regional Corp. The Holiday Inn Express-Anchorage Airport has 129 smartly appointed guestrooms, with microwaves and refrigerators in all rooms, Free wireless Internet access throughout the hotel, 24 hour airport shuttle, and our Express Start Breakfast Bar featuring our world famous cinnamon rolls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Anchorage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Anchorage Hotel Anchorage
- Anchorage Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Anchorage
- Holiday Inn Express Anchorage Alaska