Stayed at the Clarion Suites Downtown in May of 2011 as part of a tour. This hotel is awesome. The rooms are huge! There is a sitting room with a couch and a tv when you first walk in, then there is a little room with a microwave and fridge across from the bathroom, and in the back is a room with the beds, and another tv. The beds were super comfortable. The hotel is easily within walking distance of the main part of the city and the Tony Knowled Coastal Trail. We walked to the weekend flea market in town one day (I definately recommend the salmon quesadillas that the sell there). It consists of a lot of artisan stands and food. And we rented bikes and rode on the Tony Knowles Coastal Trail another day. There are two bike rental places that you can see from the hotel. Breakfast at the hotel was great, they had all the normal stuff - bacon, eggs, sausage, bagels, etc. plus a waffle station and the food was good. The staff was very friendly overall and there is a complimentary computer station with a printer for the guests to use.
The only concerns I had with the hotel were that at one point there was a wedding reception downstairs in their conference room when I went looking for a vending machine, and it was the loudest, craziest event I have ever seen, but there were rooms right across from it - I'm not sure whether they had guests staying in those rooms - maybe not. But, just to be sure I would ask for a room away from their conference room. Also, their shuttle is kind if nerve-wracking, we signed up for a time that would get us to the airport about 2 hours before the plane was due to leave. Luckily we were ready to go earlier, so they put us on an earlier shuttle (2 hours earlier). It turned out that the shuttle was running SUPER late, so we ended up getting there at the time we were originally supposed to. I felt really bad for the people who didn't give themselves extra time. So, if you do rely on the shuttle, give yourself at least an hour more than you think you will need - even if you are already playing it safe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pets not allowed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Choice Hotels, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK) and TravelUp so you can book your Clarion Suites Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clarion Suites Downtown Hotel Anchorage
- Hawthorn Suites Anchorage
- Anchorage Hawthorn Suites
- Clarion Suites Downtown Anchorage, Alaska