“We will be back this summer.”

Clarion Suites Downtown
Ranked #29 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
illinois
“We will be back this summer.”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We stayed at the Clarion Downtown, Anchorage this past week. The rooms are very clean. We had plenty of towels. The beds are comfortable and we had enough blankets to keep us warm. (I like a lot of blankets). You can adjust the temperature of the heat easily just how you like it. The rooms are quite. The front desk staff was always very helpful in answering any questions I had with directions or where to eat. It is in a good location, just a few blocks from the museums and places of interests. We rented a car, but I believe you can take a shuttle to many places you want to go see. The Clarion also has a nice hot breakfast bar with scramble eggs, bacon, sausage, danish rolls, fresh fruit and yogurt, etc. Our room overlooked the park that was nice too.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank redhead2008Illinois

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Great place to stay in Anchorage, wonderful Alaska resident rate. Front desk is extremely helpful. breakfast was good, rooms are alittle out dated but clean. Free parking and wi-fi. We will deffinately stay again.

Room Tip: Top floor park side
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank AKtraveler5757
Warton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Comfortable hotel, triple rooms available, room clean and nicely furnished, staff very helpful. 5 minute walk from main downtown area, Free parking and shuttle to airport, 2 minute walk to the 'Tony Mills' trail.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank 56Anna56
Wasilla
Reviewed 30 September 2013

The customer service was horrendous! Aside of the clogged sink, broken pipes leaking water into my belongings and leaving black sediment everywhere for me to clean up - I would never treat my clients like that! The Assistant General Manager along with her male Housekeeping Supervisor are "Bullies". The male Housekeeping Supervisor opened the door to the room while my children (ages 10 & 16) were changing reminding us of the check out time (which we had exceeded by a few minutes at that point). When I asked him to please step out of the room and close the door till my girls were dressed he proceed to enter further into the room, keeping one hand on the open door & restating check out time. My kids covered themselves in the corner of the bedroom and crouched down hollering "MOM!". I had to ask him a total of 4 times to please exit the room till my daughters were dressed before I personally had to escort him through the door - allowing me to close it behind me. I went to the Assistant General Manager who then express no apology or concern what-so-ever for the safety or embarrassment of my girls, supported her male Housekeeping Supervisor's actions, and was only concerned with the additional 4 minutes that the girls were in the room changing. When I told her that I wanted to file a complaint and asked for her name, position, business card & phone number to Corporate she ordered me off the premises and laughed as she added "look it up on line". The only response I was ever afforded by the male Housekeeping Supervisor was "you ordered me out of the room & I couldn't see anything anyways". Frankly I'm disgusted and all of you should be as well.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
8 Thank O2TravelTheWorld
Hillsborough, New Jersey
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We arrived in Anchorage a night ahead of our Alaskan cruise. We chose this hotel mostly because it had a free airport shuttle which picked us up promptly and free breakfast. The hotel staff were very helpful and helped book us a taxi as we were a family of 5 we needed a minivan. Which came on time and dropped us off at the convention center. Breakfast was in fact very good for a complimentary type one.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Sr19999
Juneau, Alaska
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

Rooms are a little dated the corn but they're very clean and very well set up. They are almost 2 separate rooms a living room with the TV then Apollo bed in the bedroom with the true bad in another TV. Would be really great for a bigger family but it was perfect for individual on a business trip as I could do work in one area and sleep in the other. The full breakfast in the morning is also a nice benefit fresh eggs and fruit and meet it was a good deal

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank AKtravelers22
Cumberland, Rhode Island
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I stayed one night on July 20, 2013. The hotel was busy, but the staff was efficient and helpful. The room was comfortable, roomy, and clean. The breakfast the next morning was disappointing. The hotel is only a few blocks out of the main downtown area and within easy walking distance to the shops and restaurants.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends